IGNORED

If we lose to Leeds, don't melt down!

reddogkev

15 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

With respect Mr Red Dog, you wanted to give LJ a job for life, beatified and given the freedom of the city, after winning a few on the spin. So maybe you should be a bit more calm and rational too?

True, but I find it easier to read / write about positive situations and optimism, rather than trudge through despair and doom, mixed with the occasional outpouring of hatred towards LJ.

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

we had the same problem at west brom, we were arguably the better side on the day but their attack was deadly, agree a draw would be a good result and it's what I expect.

Yeah agreed- WBA's attack is lethal as you say. We could have been 2 up early on- Leeds didn't have so much in terms of dominance in that sense but had about 70% possession I believe- maybe an idea to cede the ball a bit then press hard in the right areas looking for quick turnovers.

Personally, looking at it all I'd predict a defeat but performance which indicates a reaction post Preston.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

8 points from 6 games is about moderate tbh, midtable type form. West Brom was a game where they had lot of ball but got hit on break consistently- a lesson maybe for Saturday.

As for Saturday, I certainly don't see us winning- draw maybe if we play well.

We only have 8 from last 30 available!

15 hours ago, pillred said:

they have only won 2 of their last six including getting hammered 4-1 against west brom, not that good is it. And before you say anything I know our form is just as dodgy, just commenting the so called pools expert at the mail is expecting an away win.

Similarly- they’ve won 2 and drawn 1 of their last 4 - stats eh?!

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I was talking about the form of Leeds- but moreover part of the reason I expect a defeat Saturday.

I know you were. I was stating how poor our 8/30 is against their 8/18.

Their last six games are 2W 2D 2L.

Our last six 2W 0D 4L.

So they lost 4-1 at WBA. Seem to remember we lost 4-2 there.

Would anybody really put serious money on a bet for City not to lose?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I know you were. I was stating how poor our 8/30 is against their 8/18.

Their last six games are 2W 2D 2L.

Our last six 2W 0D 4L.

So they lost 4-1 at WBA. Seem to remember we lost 4-2 there.

Would anybody really put serious money on a bet for City not to lose?

Our form is certainly worse.

I think we'll lose too, but hopefully we'll make Leeds really earn it if we do- I am not sure quite why the optimism of some for this weekend because they got a bit of a thumping away to a side with a very sharp attack/counter attack.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:42, ZiderEyed said:

He ******* does look like a sweet potato though doesn't he?

When he wears that tasteful jumper in interviews I can't help but see it. 

Related image

He IS a sweet potato and anyone who says otherwise needs to adjust their eyes.

Gotta disagree cant see the 'spud' … I reckon day by day L J is looking more and more like a long lost distant relative of:

Ra, Ra, Rasputin, Russia's Greatest Love Machine myself.  Doncha fink? 

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah agreed- WBA's attack is lethal as you say. We could have been 2 up early on- Leeds didn't have so much in terms of dominance in that sense but had about 70% possession I believe- maybe an idea to cede the ball a bit then press hard in the right areas looking for quick turnovers.

Personally, looking at it all I'd predict a defeat but performance which indicates a reaction post Preston.

If we don’t get a reaction then there’s something seriously wrong, I’m not saying we need to win up there but we have to show a lot more than we did against Preston, lj needs to prove he’s actually done something in the last 2 weeks of training.

On 20/11/2018 at 14:42, ZiderEyed said:

Related image

I’ve heard our esteemed leader has something up his sleeve to take the pressure off his players in the run up to the festive season....

DF0F6666-11BD-4E7C-A601-47F963291DCB.jpeg

14 hours ago, glen humphries said:

If we don’t get a reaction then there’s something seriously wrong, I’m not saying we need to win up there but we have to show a lot more than we did against Preston, lj needs to prove he’s actually done something in the last 2 weeks of training.

He probably has done something, problem being Leeds may have as well and they may want all the points in front of a full house.

Quite happy if we turn up and give it a go i.e have a few shots on target, compete for everything and play simple football ...pass to a player on your side :dunno: oh and LJ please don't mention the players back from international duty and how that affected our game.:facepalm:

Well, if ever there was a time to play us this is it.

Jansson out

One keeper injured and gone back to Chelsea, other keeper injured and out. No idea who else we have.

Berardi and Ayling long term injuries.

So basically our defence is ripped apart. Only Cooper and Douglas left.

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

Well, if ever there was a time to play us this is it.

Jansson out

One keeper injured and gone back to Chelsea, other keeper injured and out. No idea who else we have.

Berardi and Ayling long term injuries.

So basically our defence is ripped apart. Only Cooper and Douglas left.

Another Jansson out Post , just what we needed.

On 20/11/2018 at 14:42, ZiderEyed said:

Related image

He looks like Henry VIII. It'll be ironic if his head rolls this season

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Another Jansson out Post , just what we needed.

Sorry - didn't realise this had been written about elsewhere. I posted it the moment Bielsa actually confirmed it to be true. Unless someone had inside knowledge up to then it had been conjecture.

8 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Sorry - didn't realise this had been written about elsewhere. I posted it the moment Bielsa actually confirmed it to be true.

Bless you , no , it's a play on the

" Johnson Out " posts that we see occasionally on our forum .

I am, however, happy that Jansson is out  as he is a good player and we need all the help we can at the moment.

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Voted remain yes but not a fan of any of the press whether they be left or right. Daily Mail sitting top of the hatred pile.

coming from Brentry and not reading the daily mail, you must be the only one or are you at the southmead end, I used to live in henbury (you know westbury on trym!)

16 minutes ago, pillred said:

coming from Brentry and not reading the daily mail, you must be the only one or are you at the southmead end, I used to live in henbury (you know westbury on trym!)

Need to update my profile. Live in Mangotsfield now. Haven't seen what they read here. Downend Weekly I think

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:32, reddogkev said:

Just getting this in early - no doubt most of us expect City to fall to defeat against Leeds, I bet if you asked ten City fans, at least 8/10 would tip us losing.  So it is with this in mind, I say don't get the knives out again for the team or LJ if this does happen.  This will be a bloody battle of a game, and if we lose, we should take it on the chin and get ready for Ipswich.

What are the chances of calm, rationale thoughts on the back of a defeat at Elland Road?  I only ask, as I'll no doubt want to read this forum over the weekend, and don't want to wade through all the doom and gloom again!

Anyway, here's hoping you can ignore my words and City grab a classic win, or at least bring back a point.

I've no problem with this Leeds are a strong, well organised team and we played well. We'll also watch it back afterwards and in training work on the areas where we fell short. You've got to remember it's a really strong league this.

Things will be positive because we learn from our failings and always believe. We'll keep doing the same things and performances will get better...

1 hour ago, PFree said:

I've no problem with this Leeds are a strong, well organised team and we played well. We'll also watch it back afterwards and in training work on the areas where we fell short. You've got to remember it's a really strong league this.

Things will be positive because we learn from our failings and always believe. We'll keep doing the same things and performances will get better...

Mcallister, is that you, old boy?  You forgot to say we'll dust ourselves off and go again.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:42, bcfcredandwhite said:

The reaction will be one of the following:

1. we win convincingly with a great display of football - predicted post: WHY can’t we be consistent? LJ Out!

2. we win with a scrappy awful display with a goal ricocheting in off someone’s backside - predicted post: We are awful and a better side would have beaten us. We are doomed. LJ out!

we play well but draw - see first comment

we play badly but draw - see second comment

we play well and lose - see first comment

we play badly and lose - see second comment

game called off/postponed/abandoned - predicted post: it just delayed the inevitable. LJ Out

we win all our remaining games and romp the league - predicted post: Well, so he should after all the investment he has had. Cotts wasn’t backed like Lee has been. Anyway he won’t be able to hack it in the Prem so LJ Out..........

well reasoned.. so we may as well just cut out the wait and sack him now!

41 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Mcallister, is that you, old boy?  You forgot to say we'll dust ourselves off and go again.

J Mac also says "there`s a lot to be excited about" hmmmm I got excited a few years back at Wembley... not recovered yet so not excited at all ....anyone getting excited about us and our up coming games or the prospect of a nice new badge...maybe the next transfer window and what that may bring?

Archived