IGNORED

What will it realistically take for LJ to get sacked?

Unan

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

We are looking at a manager who doesn’t know his best team in (basically) December. 

Constantly changing the 11

Constantly changing formation 

Every game. 

This is McInnes v2, sadly. 

Had McInnes inherited the team LJ had and given half the budget I think he would have done a better job over the same amount of time.

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I’m sorry I’ve been busy and haven’t been active on here for a few weeks but how do we know moyes would be interested?

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I have been on here and was going to ask the same thing!

Could you see yourself as a future Bristol City manager?

“I would never say no, that's for sure. I was very close to becoming Bristol City manager before Tony Pulis went [in 1999] - I was close to it. I was manager of Preston at the time and I was having quite regular contact with Bristol City at the time.

“And I said okay I would do it but in the end it didn't quite materialise or I would have been manager at that time.

”But it's something that I would never say never to because it was such a great part of my career and I had a great rapport with the supporters and the people in the city so it was something I really enjoyed.“

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-bristol-city-manager-2145517

32 minutes ago, tin said:

Could you see yourself as a future Bristol City manager?

“I would never say no, that's for sure. I was very close to becoming Bristol City manager before Tony Pulis went [in 1999] - I was close to it. I was manager of Preston at the time and I was having quite regular contact with Bristol City at the time.

“And I said okay I would do it but in the end it didn't quite materialise or I would have been manager at that time.

”But it's something that I would never say never to because it was such a great part of my career and I had a great rapport with the supporters and the people in the city so it was something I really enjoyed.“

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-bristol-city-manager-2145517

Ta for that. Passed me by.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

People on here lose all grasp of perspective after defeats. 

I’m obviously not happy that we have lost, but after Preston we had to at least compete. Not many expected anything other than a defeat today. 

Until the sending off we sounded well in the game, which could have gone either way. Away against the team now in 2nd place. 

Yes, it’s another defeat. Yes there are concerns, but I’m not writing us off just yet and don’t believe LJ needs to go, yet. 

Lose the next 2 and I may change my mind though. We MUST get some points from those 2. 

don't you find it depressing that few on here gave us a chance today, Leeds have not got parachute payments that's the normal excuse given that we cant compete, you are very patient, I will hold you to that statement of getting some points from the next two games, if we don't will you finally admit that we are going nowhere under LJ, because at the moment we are only going one way and it isn't up! 

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

don't you find it depressing that few on here gave us a chance today, Leeds have not got parachute payments that's the normal excuse given that we cant compete, you are very patient, I will hold you to that statement of getting some points from the next two games, if we don't will you finally admit that we are going nowhere under LJ, because at the moment we are only going one way and it isn't up! 

I think so. I suppose it does depend on performance and circumstances, to some extent, but it would be very hard to see positives in a situation where we had lost the last 6 games, including 2 of the current 4 teams, and had Birmingham, Norwich, Derby & Brentford next in line. 

If it were 6 straight losses then you could easily see that becoming 10.  

We need 4 points from the next 2 games to go into those other 4 with any hope of maintaining mid table stability. 

Edit: Although I would add that I would not be joining in the spiteful, snide, bitching that some revel in partaking in. 

If LJ proves not to up to the job, then that’s one thing, but in my experience he is a genuinely nice guy who cares about this club and passionately wants to do well. He doesn’t deserve some of the crap he gets and I’ll see it very much as needing to be put out of his misery, rather than shouting for his head. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think so. I suppose it does depend on performance and circumstances, to some extent, but it would be very hard to see positives in a situation where we had lost the last 6 games, including 2 of the current 4 teams, and had Birmingham, Norwich, Derby & Brentford next in line. 

We need 4 points from the next 2 games to go into those other 4 with any hope of maintaining mid table stability. 

let's hope we get them, it's very depressing at the moment, honestly don't think our squad is as bad as the current results seem to suggest, all the tinkering I'm sure the players are as confused as us.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Edit: Although I would add that I would not be joining in the spiteful, snide, bitching that some revel in partaking in. 

If LJ proves not to up to the job, then that’s one thing, but in my experience he is a genuinely nice guy who cares about this club and passionately wants to do well. He doesn’t deserve some of the crap he gets and I’ll see it very much as needing to be put out of his misery, rather than shouting for his head. 

Fair comments there mate. I've had a gutsfull personally but he does get some unwarranted stick , mainly based on his height and his time here as a player. 

I'm also not convinced that all of our problems lay at his door. There are at least a couple north of his position who are equally culpable. 

15 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Him to agree with me that Lansdown has done more harm than good?

Unless you judge progress by having a shiny stadium. That hosts the ******* Spice Girls and Take That ?

Embarrassing comment, lock yourself in a dark room and take a time out!

15 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Today’s game won’t be his last.

Ipswich on Wednesday night is certainly a contender though. They haven’t won at home all season, bottom of the league.

Lose that and Lansdown’s finger might trigger a bit..

He should have been sack 2 years ago after we lost to Ipswich. So it would be quite fitting if he were sacked after losing there this year.

I did want it to work out for him, but unfortunately he just doesn’t cut it. He stumbled across a decent side last season due to injuries, as soon as he has a decent size squad to chose from he becomes clueless. He tries to overthink everything, and confuses the players, himself and the fans. I really do see us getting relegated this year with him in charge. 

I’d get David moyes in tomorrow

2 minutes ago, city1983 said:

He should have been sack 2 years ago after we lost to Ipswich. So it would be quite fitting if he were sacked after losing there this year.

I did want it to work out for him, but unfortunately he just doesn’t cut it. He stumbled across a decent side last season due to injuries, as soon as he has a decent size squad to chose from he becomes clueless. He tries to overthink everything, and confuses the players, himself and the fans. I really do see us getting relegated this year with him in charge. 

I’d get David moyes in tomorrow

Why should he have been sacked 2 years ago?  Nonsense.  Have we been relegated during the last 2 years?  Nope, we have progressed slowly and went on a long cup run, as you know.

In the run up to Christmas managerial sackings, there tends to be two 'tipping point' factors

1. A team in free fall, heading towards the messy stuff, with fans calling for the managers head

2. A January transfer window in which there are funds available - the question being "is the gaffer trusted to make purchases"?

It is debatable whether we are in free fall. We are heading in the wrong direction yes and there are massive question marks over Johnson's ability and credibility. I also don't think that SL will free up much cash for January. Success this season is fast becoming mid/lower-table survival. If anything were to happen, it will be before the first 2019 window. Even if we lose to the likes of Ipswich and Milwall, I just cannot see it happening.

If eight points out of thirty three isn't "free fall" then what is.

I don't hate LJ, I'm not slagging him, I'm sure that, even though I have never met him, he is a very personable guy.

But that is all irrelevant. For the third year in a row, we cannot win the raffle even if we have the only ticket!

Lansdown must make a change now. The only outcome, if he doesn't, is League One football next season. Take your heads out of the sand. Lee Johnson is not up to it at this level and has had long enough to prove himself as "Fit for Purpose".

34 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Why should he have been sacked 2 years ago?  Nonsense.  Have we been relegated during the last 2 years?  Nope, we have progressed slowly and went on a long cup run, as you know.

The cup run wasn’t great managerial tactics , the big games v city and United were a chance for players to raise their profile and get moves away to a higher level of football. And to earn more money. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If we finish 14th (where we are now) surely that’s not enough to warrant a sacking? 

It depends how SL sees it I guess. Before the last game last season he did say on the radio that we will have to improve our league position this season. If we don’t improve on last year will he be satisfied that his orders weren’t heeded? 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

It depends how SL sees it I guess. Before the last game last season he did say on the radio that we will have to improve our league position this season. If we don’t improve on last year will he be satisfied that his orders weren’t heeded? 

Yeah he did didn’t he. 

Optimistic from him if he knew that Bryan Reid and Bryan would all be going, in hindsight. 

I wouldn’t mind a mid table finish if we were playing good football and playing way more young local/academy players. But neither of those are happening right now. 

21 hours ago, One Team said:

SL didn't sack him after the record breaking losing run of a couple of years ago, no way he will sack him right now or any time soon.

I genuinely think even if we got relegated he'd give him a chance to get promoted back up. 

I reckon your right, he will stay even if he takes us down-SL will only act/effectively by a forced hand when reality sinks in with crowds of no more than 10,000 as I can't believe the fans will put up with it.....

Just hoping we don't fall that far!

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Yeah he did didn’t he. 

Optimistic from him if he knew that Bryan Reid and Bryan would all be going, in hindsight. 

I wouldn’t mind a mid table finish if we were playing good football and playing way more young local/academy players. But neither of those are happening right now. 

Again I’m not suggesting we sack anyone. But it will be telling to see what happens if we don’t finish higher than last seasons position. At the time I felt LJ was being asked to produce more with lesser players, yes ok with hindsight people might say but I still stand by it now.

We were never going to replace £30 million of talent with like for like. Add to the fact we have also lost key players like Korey for the majority of the season and couldn’t play Diedhiou from the off (who hasn’t settled since) and it was never going to be easy. 

I would accept the same end position as last season if as you say we were playing attractive football or bringing through our youngsters. But now SL has said, and I paraphrase, that he wouldn’t,  as I said it will be interesting.

But then again it’s not December yet, still a long way to go.

On 24/11/2018 at 16:49, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Him to agree with me that Lansdown has done more harm than good?

Unless you judge progress by having a shiny stadium. That hosts the ******* Spice Girls and Take That ?

I just don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion. What did we do in the 15 years before Lansdown that is better overall than what we’ve done since?

How did the infrastructure improve on the level it has in that time too?

Lansdown has a lot to answer for at the moment but I don’t get your logic at all.

What will see him get sacked is if we start to lose heavily and/or another long losing streak. 

I don't think a sacking is imminent, though if we lost to Ipswich and Millwall then that could change.

My gut feeling is he'll still be here in January and given that window to turn things around.

Contrary to others, I think if we're in the bottom three come Feb/March though then he's a goner.

Archived