Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Unan

What will it realistically take for LJ to get sacked?

14 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Relegation and then a stuttering start to life in league one. Can't see him being sacked before that. It'll all be passed off as the natural ups and downs of "the project"

Yup, I think you're right. Landsdown has backed this long term project for some time and during worse runs and periods when the performances have been poor.

I can definately see this happening and unless SL makes a move in early December to have the time to find, negotiate and appoint the next Manager, there won't be time for the new person to assess and bring players in during January. I just can't see that happening. So I think Lee will only depart if we are relegated.

22 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Won a big bet on Leeds , take no pleasure from the win , but we can’t score was only ever going to be a Leeds win , Johnson out.

That game was the most obvious banker of the weekend easy money

Just now, Robin Wood said:

That game was the most obvious banker of the weekend easy money

We needed a player sent off before that was the case. 

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Who knows mate. It appears LJ certainly doesn’t know either.

The worrying thing for me is that this is Lee’s side and has been for a while over the past few transfer windows, granted we lost a few in the summer. But yet he doesn’t seem to know his side,formation, shape etc.

Can anybody tell me what style we’re trying to play? There is no direction or identity to our play. A word Lee uses frequently and I haven’t seen any of it for a long time now.

His time as City boss is seriously under threat and rightly so. 2018 has been abysmal.

I think lj sees the fans as thick , he can’t think he can keep spouting the same old bull shit time after time and think the fans will buy it surely, if he had an ounce of dignity he’d jack but that’s never going to happen , he actually believes he’s a top coach, totally out of his depth and delusional.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Come on johnson lovers what do you have to say?? Its a pile of shit! Lansdown wont sack him .if he does whos Going to cook his sunday roast.needs a big shake up .players to comfortable .i didnt see one putting it in and actually punching there ***** out for the badge.*******

Nobody has to be a 'Johnson lover' or 'Johnson hater', grow up.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People on here lose all grasp of perspective after defeats. 

I’m obviously not happy that we have lost, but after Preston we had to at least compete. Not many expected anything other than a defeat today. 

Until the sending off we sounded well in the game, which could have gone either way. Away against the team now in 2nd place. 

Yes, it’s another defeat. Yes there are concerns, but I’m not writing us off just yet and don’t believe LJ needs to go, yet. 

Lose the next 2 and I may change my mind though. We MUST get some points from those 2. 

I commend you for your patience but I am really concerned we are in yet another LJ losing run. If we could change it now to get some fresh ideas ahead of these two massive games that would be ideal.

Bold prediction - I think both LJ and DC will be gone by Jan 1.  Dreadful 2018 in both cases and no sign of an upturn.

SL is no fool and he clearly stated this sesosn has to be an improvement on last and with every game that possibility is slipping away.

5 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

It is quite simple if we are playing in a half empty stadium for long enough he will be on his way.

Except we have all paid for our season tickets and the club do not care if we actually turn up on the day. Money money money. 

5 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Come on johnson lovers what do you have to say?? Its a pile of shit! Lansdown wont sack him .if he does whos Going to cook his sunday roast.needs a big shake up .players to comfortable .i didnt see one putting it in and actually punching there ***** out for the badge.*******

There can’t be any left , how can you make a case for this muppet, absolutely clueless, Johnson out.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We needed a player sent off before that was the case. 

I was working so don't know but didn't Leeds gave a young un in goal today and we didn't put any real pressure on him i.e. long shots etc

3 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

We will never know but we would have lost to a late goal most likely at least we folded early 

No, we’ll never know. The only thing that we know is that we were holding our own and doing ok, until the sending off. 

34 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

In my eyes Lansdown not only looks like a cock. He is a cock.

He and Johnson have no clue whatsoever when it comes to football and the ******* mess we’re in.....

What a well considered and insightful view..........Not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I was working so don't know but didn't Leeds gave a young un in goal today and we didn't put any real pressure on him i.e. long shots etc

True. It sounded much like that. 

He was an England under 20 international though, not just some random youth team kid. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Won a big bet on Leeds , take no pleasure from the win , but we can’t score was only ever going to be a Leeds win , Johnson out.

Me too......as much as i hated doing it......but either 1-0 or 2-0 looked nailed on, fish in a barrel 😇

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

Past caring really.

LJ should have gone long ago, all reasons given amid much debate on numerous threads at different times.

Nothing's changed but I really can't be bothered to redo the debate every 6 months and get embroiled in further lengthy arguments with his diehard supporters on here.

Everyone enjoying going to AG this season and excitedly anticipating getting down there for the Millwall game?

Me neither. :angry:

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

He quite rightly wont be sacked for being midtable with a midtable (at best) squad. As for SL demanding an improvement on last season, well don't sell our 3 best players and provide a pittance to replace them with.

If we were to slide into a relegation battle over the next 6 games I think LJ would be seriously under threat.

59 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lose to Ipswich and Millwall and hes a goner.

He has my backing for now.

I wouldn't put any money on him going, even if he lost them.

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

He really did sound like he's lost the plot what an absolute ******* idiot

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

He really did sound like he's lost the plot what an absolute ******* idiot

Does he actually believe the shit he spouts, frightening thing is I think he actually does , when will he ever take some blame, always somebody to blame, Johnson out.

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m obviously not happy that we have lost, but after Preston we had to at least compete. Not many expected anything other than a defeat today. 

Until the sending off we sounded well in the game, which could have gone either way. Away against the team now in 2nd place. 

Yes, it’s another defeat. Yes there are concerns, but I’m not writing us off just yet and don’t believe LJ needs to go, yet. 

Lose the next 2 and I may change my mind though. We MUST get some points from those 2. 

We all have different breaking points and clearly yours is different to others which I admire and respect .  

It’s not wrong to be concerned at his current performance this year - I’ve joined the thought process after the Preston game - up until then I was quite content and genuinely thought it’d get better . That said there’s two very winnable games coming up so the rollercoaster will carry on - but if we lose both then then his tenure  must become even more Undefendable. I know people will comment on it’s happened before - but for me I’m sure lansdown will see that a third strike and then he has to be out . That would be my approach with someone at work . 

• Like 2

Soon as he left Fulham, I’d have been on the phone to Slavisa Jokanovich. 

If he says no, we already know Moyes wants it. 

Both would be better options than this clueless clown. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I’d take Chris moyles.  Even bobby Gould right now. 

Agree completely with those who say relegation and then a struggle in league 1.

I think even then he'd be given until Christmas 2019 even if we were bottom third in league 1.

Also agree with the gloominess around any potential replacement. That person would need to be someone who accepts interference on recruitment from above, which rules out any "name" completely.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It may have sounded like we were in the game but it was a shambles.   Leeds weren’t amazing but we were no way how LJ described us in his post match interview.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

I’d take Chris moyles.  Even bobby Gould right now. 

I'd take Coco The Clown right now...

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ffs what will it take!!! So what you’re saying is that if we scrape 1 measly point in the next 2 games LJ will get another 10 game run... ******* give me strength!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrabrewer said:

He quite rightly wont be sacked for being midtable with a midtable (at best) squad. As for SL demanding an improvement on last season, well don't sell our 3 best players and provide a pittance to replace them with.

If we were to slide into a relegation battle over the next 6 games I think LJ would be seriously under threat.

You are a complete and utter ..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tin said:

Soon as he left Fulham, I’d have been on the phone to Slavisa Jokanovich. 

If he says no, we already know Moyes wants it. 

Both would be better options than this clueless clown. 

I’m sorry I’ve been busy and haven’t been active on here for a few weeks but how do we know moyes would be interested?

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

We are looking at a manager who doesn’t know his best team in (basically) December. 

Constantly changing the 11

Constantly changing formation 

Every game. 

This is McInnes v2, sadly. 

Had McInnes inherited the team LJ had and given half the budget I think he would have done a better job over the same amount of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

I’m sorry I’ve been busy and haven’t been active on here for a few weeks but how do we know moyes would be interested?

I have been on here and was going to ask the same thing!

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I have been on here and was going to ask the same thing!

Could you see yourself as a future Bristol City manager?

“I would never say no, that's for sure. I was very close to becoming Bristol City manager before Tony Pulis went [in 1999] - I was close to it. I was manager of Preston at the time and I was having quite regular contact with Bristol City at the time.

“And I said okay I would do it but in the end it didn't quite materialise or I would have been manager at that time.

”But it's something that I would never say never to because it was such a great part of my career and I had a great rapport with the supporters and the people in the city so it was something I really enjoyed.“

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-bristol-city-manager-2145517

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tin said:

Could you see yourself as a future Bristol City manager?

“I would never say no, that's for sure. I was very close to becoming Bristol City manager before Tony Pulis went [in 1999] - I was close to it. I was manager of Preston at the time and I was having quite regular contact with Bristol City at the time.

“And I said okay I would do it but in the end it didn't quite materialise or I would have been manager at that time.

”But it's something that I would never say never to because it was such a great part of my career and I had a great rapport with the supporters and the people in the city so it was something I really enjoyed.“

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-bristol-city-manager-2145517

Ta for that. Passed me by.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

don't you find it depressing that few on here gave us a chance today, Leeds have not got parachute payments that's the normal excuse given that we cant compete, you are very patient, I will hold you to that statement of getting some points from the next two games, if we don't will you finally admit that we are going nowhere under LJ, because at the moment we are only going one way and it isn't up! 

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

don't you find it depressing that few on here gave us a chance today, Leeds have not got parachute payments that's the normal excuse given that we cant compete, you are very patient, I will hold you to that statement of getting some points from the next two games, if we don't will you finally admit that we are going nowhere under LJ, because at the moment we are only going one way and it isn't up! 

I think so. I suppose it does depend on performance and circumstances, to some extent, but it would be very hard to see positives in a situation where we had lost the last 6 games, including 2 of the current 4 teams, and had Birmingham, Norwich, Derby & Brentford next in line. 

If it were 6 straight losses then you could easily see that becoming 10.  

We need 4 points from the next 2 games to go into those other 4 with any hope of maintaining mid table stability. 

Edit: Although I would add that I would not be joining in the spiteful, snide, bitching that some revel in partaking in. 

If LJ proves not to up to the job, then that’s one thing, but in my experience he is a genuinely nice guy who cares about this club and passionately wants to do well. He doesn’t deserve some of the crap he gets and I’ll see it very much as needing to be put out of his misery, rather than shouting for his head. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think so. I suppose it does depend on performance and circumstances, to some extent, but it would be very hard to see positives in a situation where we had lost the last 6 games, including 2 of the current 4 teams, and had Birmingham, Norwich, Derby & Brentford next in line. 

If it were 6 straight losses then you could easily see that becoming 10.  

We need 4 points from the next 2 games to go into those other 4 with any hope of maintaining mid table stability. 

let's hope we get them, it's very depressing at the moment, honestly don't think our squad is as bad as the current results seem to suggest, all the tinkering I'm sure the players are as confused as us.

• Like 1