IGNORED

What will it realistically take for LJ to get sacked?

Unan

On 24/11/2018 at 17:15, Bar BS3 said:

People on here lose all grasp of perspective after defeats. 

I’m obviously not happy that we have lost, but after Preston we had to at least compete. Not many expected anything other than a defeat today. 

Until the sending off we sounded well in the game, which could have gone either way. Away against the team now in 2nd place. 

Yes, it’s another defeat. Yes there are concerns, but I’m not writing us off just yet and don’t believe LJ needs to go, yet. 

Lose the next 2 and I may change my mind though. We MUST get some points from those 2. 

1 win he keeps his job? ...And then what another ******* Johnson run? Give it a rest please... He must go!!

On 24/11/2018 at 17:47, jrabrewer said:

He quite rightly wont be sacked for being midtable with a midtable (at best) squad. 

This is very commendable, sensible, and grown up, and plain nice compared to much of the content on here.

However, professional football is not very commendable, sensible or grown up. Or nice. Professional football does not always, does not often, reward the commendable, the sensible, or the grown up. The nice get left behind.

Doing things "quite rightly" in football is not enough - ask Corinthian Casuals. It takes more than that. This is a cut-throat, downright dirty business and ruthlessness - and doing whatever it takes, as and when - is required if you want to play at the top table. As SL is demonstrating in the "quite rightly" world of rugby union by paying ridiculous money to get players to play here.

Doing the "right" thing by LJ shouldn't come into it if SL meant what he said last May and he comes to the conclusion that LJ is not up to the task. Doing the "right" thing by Bristol City is what's required and I remain hopeful that SL will do the latter, whilst remaining unconvinced about his judgement,  his ability to make the right call and then appoint a better man.

6 hours ago, Shtanley said:

If we finish 14th (where we are now) surely that’s not enough to warrant a sacking? 

Where have you been this year?

Johnson’s 2018 record (all competitions).

LLLLDLWLDDDLWLDWDLLWLDDLDDLLWWWLLDDLWWLLLL

Played: 42. Won: 9  Drawn: 12  Lost:  21 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What will see him get sacked is if we start to lose heavily and/or another long losing streak. 

I don't think a sacking is imminent, though if we lost to Ipswich and Millwall then that could change.

My gut feeling is he'll still be here in January and given that window to turn things around.

Contrary to others, I think if we're in the bottom three come Feb/March though then he's a goner.

This is exactly how I see it too. I wouldn't complain if he went tomorrow but it's not the way SL works, never has been and probably never will be.

He acts when we're in the relegation zone and feels that the guy in charge won't get us out of it - see Millen, McInnes, O'Driscoll, Cotterill. We're not there yet and despite the current bad form are still some way off being there.

If we're there in a couple of months time then all bets are off.

21 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Where have you been this year?

Johnson’s 2018 record (all competitions).

LLLLDLWLDDDLWLDWDLLWLDDLDDLLWWWLLDDLWWLLLL

Played: 42. Won: 9  Drawn: 12  Lost:  21 

Not defending him but tbf that includes two games v Man City I assume and the defeat to Plymouth.  So in the league: played 39 won 9 drawn 12 lost 18

39 pts from 39 games, still relegation form!

Usually, i've been one to let thibgs ride with LJ, but yeserday brought me to realise that we're pretty much repeating the Russell Osman era. Where then, like now there were a few bright lights in terms of players. The results, the play, was by largely awful interspersed with some moments of brilliance from individuals. We were turgid then, like we appear to be now. 

Ironically, I think we have better players and a better team than last year, they are just so out of sorts though that it beggars belief, could do no worse than a Hegeler, Morrell Middle two. Weimann just in front and Eisa up front, over lapped by Hunt, Da Silva and or Eliasson or Adelekun, We actually have the players to do a 3-5-2/5-3-2 hybrid that we didnt have when we came up under Cotterill, It has to be better than what we are doing which is inspid, tired and got found out a long long time ago

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

14th ...........

.................and dropping like a lead weight ?

With no sign that these players are performing for him ?

A openly admitted confused Head Coach ?

No alarm bells at all Shtanley ?

Alarm bells for sure. Not in the shit. I'll let you know when I deem us to be there Bobby.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Alarm bells for sure. Not in the shit. I'll let you know when I deem us to be there Bobby.

Made me chuckle :thumbsup:

Lets hope your nerve hold is justified

I would like nothing more than to see us go on a decent run and at least stabalise

I care much more about not dropping into League One again than who is the current head coach

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Made me chuckle :thumbsup:

Lets hope your nerve hold is justified

I would like nothing more than to see us go on a decent run and at least stabalise

I care much more about not dropping into League One again than who is the current head coach

Do you care who the next head coach is however?

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No

I only care how he performs 

...’

Sorry 

I should of said

‘how he     Or she.  performs ‘

modern times n all that

Don’t rule it out 

Bristol Billionaire Sport Owner rocks football with his new appointment as head coach at Bristol City ,...:.

’Well , congratulations Annabelle....

36 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Usually, i've been one to let thibgs ride with LJ, but yeserday brought me to realise that we're pretty much repeating the Russell Osman era. Where then, like now there were a few bright lights in terms of players. The results, the play, was by largely awful interspersed with some moments of brilliance from individuals. We were turgid then, like we appear to be now. 

Ironically, I think we have better players and a better team than last year, they are just so out of sorts though that it beggars belief, could do no worse than a Hegeler, Morrell Middle two. Weimann just in front and Eisa up front, over lapped by Hunt, Da Silva and or Eliasson or Adelekun, We actually have the players to do a 3-5-2/5-3-2 hybrid that we didnt have when we came up under Cotterill, It has to be better than what we are doing which is inspid, tired and got found out a long long time ago

Great post. 

Now you put it like that, it depresses me even more to think what Cotterill could have done with this squad. ?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No

are you ? :clap:

The Hartlepool , Carlisle , Ipswich trips are only history for me now mate

Recently moved to London so no need to get up and applaud lad. Student so cant afford to come home to every home match but figured Ipswich is a cheap(ish) one.

Just thought I’d ask. Be tempted to say hello if you were.  

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Great post. 

Now you put it like that, it depresses me even more to think what Cotterill could have done with this squad. ?

Isnt it, Cotterill didnt  get  the finances and, it's been the core of his squad that have kept us here. The signings are good. I really like Eliasson he just needs direction as he has shown he ' has' it but forced to play against type it's frustrating. 

We deffo have the players, heck we may lose stuff. I remember years and years ago Millen's first game vs Newcastle, he did the 3-5-2/5-3-2 hybrid and we got results.. I dont think a fluid 4-4-2 is the answer and certainly hasnt been found out, we didnt have the personel. We do now but we are stuck playing players out of form and out of position.  Jay Da Silva galloping ala Darren Barnard ( same team, deliberate reference) overlapping centre midfield or inter play with an attacking or passing ( morell etc etc) midfield.

It works, even if we lose. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

Recently moved to London so no need to get up and applaud lad. Student so cant afford to come home to every home match but figured Ipswich is a cheap(ish) one.

Just thought I’d ask. Be tempted to say hello if you were.  

Proper ground if you havnt been before

A good one to visit

If you can , Focus on watching players on and off the ball , and their interaction with LJ , for a bit if you feel inclined to , and whether you think they are giving their all for him Shtanley ?

My most burning question atm - as I think it’s vital / crucial in the coming weeks , and LJs future

I’ll be fascinated on your views if you do

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

LJ will ride out any storm even if we lose Wednesday and Sunday . The gap at the moment is five points to the relegation places when or if we drop into those places will put him in real trouble . Now it’s just a hiccup. 

If we lose those two it will be 6 straight losses. Looking at the following fixtures it would be odds-on that we bust his record of 8 straight defeats.

I honestly can't see even SL sticking if we did break that horrendous record.

Proper ground if you havnt been before

A good one to visit

If you can , Focus on watching players on and off the ball , and their interaction with LJ , for a bit if you feel inclined to , and whether you think they are giving their all for him Shtanley ?

My most burning question atm - as I think it’s vital / crucial in the coming weeks , and LJs future

I’ll be fascinated on your views if you do

:thumbsup:

I understand where you're coming from. Although I think criticism of LJ is often overstated I do feel that this point is an important one. How much do these players "respect him".

I think they were giving their all for him for the first half of last season. Why not again. We shall see. 

He's a different type of manager isn't he. 

Moyes would be the opposite in his interactions with the players. They'd certainly pay full attention when he was talking. But for now I'm not calling for LJ's head. For now.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If we lose those two it will be 6 straight losses. Looking at the following fixtures it would be odds-on that we bust his record of 8 straight defeats.

I honestly can't see even SL sticking if we did break that horrendous record.

I hope we don’t get to five let alone six seven eight !!

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I understand where you're coming from. Although I think criticism of LJ is often overstated I do feel that this point is an important one. How much do these players "respect him".

I think they were giving their all for him for the first half of last season. Why not again. We shall see. 

He's a different type of manager isn't he. 

Moyes would be the opposite in his interactions with the players. They'd certainly pay full attention when he was talking. But for now I'm not calling for LJ's head. For now.

I’ll be interested in your opinion post Ipswich 

If they are we have a flame ,to work with

(  if they’re not there’s only one eventual outcome IMHO)

They Wernt IMHO Against Preston , and I did not see the Leeds game

I’ll be interested in your opinion post Ipswich 

If they are we have a flame ,to work with

(  if they’re not there’s only one eventual outcome IMHO)

They Wernt IMHO Against Preston , and I did not see the Leeds game

I'll get back to you after ipswich then. Remind me tho.

20 minutes ago, shelts said:

LJ will ride out any storm even if we lose Wednesday and Sunday . The gap at the moment is five points to the relegation places when or if we drop into those places will put him in real trouble . Now it’s just a hiccup. 

I hate that you are right. 

Archived