IGNORED

Johnson says we were the better team for the majority of the match!

Moth3at3r

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought we were pretty awful. I felt sorry for Eisa and Adelukan, they looked out of their depth and probably not match fit. 

It’s not that we weren’t trying but:dunno:

Ex old chap, are you going to believe the words of our esteemed head coach, or the evidence of your lyin' eyes? ?

I want LJ to succeed but I must admit he talks a very good game and today he was very dismissive of a good Leeds team and a decent manager who has done it so I thought that showed a lack of decency and class.

I love his passion but he seemed deluded that we were controlling the game - we do that quite a lot but never take advantage of our position through lack of clear cut chances & goals.

To be fair, we went to Elland Road lookig for a draw and woyld probably have got it if we hadn't gone down to 10 men.

We looked secondbest again though in all areas.

Both of Josh's cards looked a bit soft to me whilst a lot of Leeds pushing, shoving, tripping, fouling, etc. seemed to go unpunished.

On Lee's situation, his win ratio is looking pretty poor, but a lot of players had to go before the start of the season, so it is difficult to be too critical.

Not sure that a managarial change would help, but if we don't turn the corner soon, it's going to have to come I'm afraid.

Really tempted to not bother Wednesday.

If we happen to win, we watch more gutless tripe. If we lose LJ isnt going anywhere. I'll end up the night £30 down through a few rounds of Thatchers and an acca gone wrong.

Probably on a script somewhere called 'Likely Reality', while in LJ-land hes dreaming up a presser script cramming as many PR terms such as  'identity', 'character', and 'trust', into 3 minutes as he can.

Between the need to 'play a few games away' comments, and the frankly deluded interviews the only thing I haven't seen yet is a boycott appeal, and I'm shocked there hasn't been one yet.

I've had my fill of LJ this past month or so but anyone piling in to support the Leeds view of this (let alone their official Twitter feed's embarrassing clowning of LJ) is seriously off mark. Lucky was the wrong word by LJ when you are talking about the impact of a red card, but his overall point was spot on and often that is lost when you are in his position.

I have no agenda to support LJ after what I have said of him the prior two games to today - ie shambles - but I cannot abide people allowing Leeds to pretend this was a walkover and acting as if amplifying the result lets them bury the performance. The social media response to LJ's comments are as predictable as they are inane. Do Leeds really think they beat us easily?

Nope. They were shite. We didn't create much but we looked to get the ball into forward positions far more frequently than they did and had far more willing runners. At half time I honestly thought at worst we had a 50/50 chance. That was based on the football itself. Polite request for more people to use that as their barometer.

33 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've had my fill of LJ this past month or so but anyone piling in to support the Leeds view of this (let alone their official Twitter feed's embarrassing clowning of LJ) is seriously off mark. Lucky was the wrong word by LJ when you are talking about the impact of a red card, but his overall point was spot on and often that is lost when you are in his position.

I have no agenda to support LJ after what I have said of him the prior two games to today - ie shambles - but I cannot abide people allowing Leeds to pretend this was a walkover and acting as if amplifying the result lets them bury the performance. The social media response to LJ's comments are as predictable as they are inane. Do Leeds really think they beat us easily?

Nope. They were shite. We didn't create much but we looked to get the ball into forward positions far more frequently than they did and had far more willing runners. At half time I honestly thought at worst we had a 50/50 chance. That was based on the football itself. Polite request for more people to use that as their barometer.

Ole we didn’t work the goal keeper not once on his debut. 

We were compact at the loss of threat. They had a large injury list and were concerned about defending in front of a school boy goalkeeper and as such were cautious.

We took no advantage of any of this. Leeds supporters saying they beat us easily, who cares, LJ will beat himself easily every time 

9 hours ago, Olé said:

We were poor, the game was poor, until the red card. You were compact and OK defensively but offered very little up front. The sending off, and bringing Saiz off the bench, meant we were able to get on top and win the game.

11 hours ago, Olé said:

Respect your comments as in general your match reports are excellent. But for me the barometer is 63% possession for Leeds and 26 shots on goal, against our just 1 shot on target, which suggests to me that if Leeds were shite we were a whole lot more so.

And then there was that post match interview......

"The referee took the easy decision in front of a big crowd. The referee wants to run the show these days.

"There were decisions that we didn't get but I don't care about the refs because they do it to us every week". 

The expensive yet random scattering of gloss on canvas is collectively, in discussion, known as 'talking Jackson Pollocks'.

The expensive yet random scattering of  dross on turf is collectively, in discussion, known as ' Johnson talking *ollocks'.

On 25/11/2018 at 01:16, Olé said:

I don't think it, I know it. It wasn't a walkover but equally at no stage did you carry any threat at all.

You know as a football fan when you have a feeling that nothing's going to happen and that the opponents may well break away and really piss on your chips? That feeling was totally absent on Saturday. There was a question as to whether we'd make a breakthrough, but only Middlesbrough have stopped us scoring this season, and as we know Pulis is an exponent of anti-football, though he does it very well.

Having watched every game this season and seen teams have periods of dominance in just about all of them it was pretty clear when it got to half time 0-0 you'd had your chance. Our debutants were comfortable and any nerves were eradicated. Debuts to dream of.

We beat you easily, but did not play very well. It was a win that no-one will remember come May, whatever happens in terms of promotion, but the type of game that seasons are full of.

It's often said that when a team goes down to ten men it's harder for the opposition. Unless, of course, the opposition scores when suddenly the argument is 'well it WAS against ten men you know...'. The moment the sending off occurred it should have cemented Johnson's decision to play for a point with everyone behind the ball. You could have seen it out, but didn't. 

Far more likely was that bringing on three players whose instinct is to attack changed the balance. Saiz, Harrison and Baker aren't bad substitutions when you're looking for a goal.

There seemed to be a sense of resignation in the team. No-one seemed to believe in themselves or each other apart from the left back who I thought was pretty tidy.

As for the social media stuff? Johnson made the claim, and while Bielsa's comments, in his own fractured way, were sufficient response (polite but pointed) it's simply a sign of where we're all at nowadays. It wouldn't bother me remotely the other way.

On 24/11/2018 at 17:37, CityCiderEd said:

I watched it,we weren't. I really don't know what game he was watching. 

Very strange game this one.

Didn't go personally, but I know a few who went who's opinions I respect. All said we were playing very well until the sending off. Yet the forum is rife with people, who also went, saying how poor we were.

Either way, we lost yet again. Only so long Johnson can praise our good performances whilst we continuously lose.

27 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Very strange game this one.

Didn't go personally, but I know a few who went who's opinions I respect. All said we were playing very well until the sending off. Yet the forum is rife with people, who also went, saying how poor we were.

Either way, we lost yet again. Only so long Johnson can praise our good performances whilst we continuously lose.

Being in the game until the sending off is true but the best we were ever going to get was a 0-0. We've had 2 shots on target in the last two games and seem to be trying to negate other teams leading to an ultra cautious approach. 

42 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Being in the game until the sending off is true but the best we were ever going to get was a 0-0. We've had 2 shots on target in the last two games and seem to be trying to negate other teams leading to an ultra cautious approach. 

Exactly the problem. Playing well is very nice, but if we're not scoring goals it's useless.

A team who plays good football each week but never score are getting relegated. A team who maybe don't play great but nab a cheeky goal to win are staying up. This is what Johnson needs to learn and focus on.

13 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Exactly the problem. Playing well is very nice, but if we're not scoring goals it's useless.

A team who plays good football each week but never score are getting relegated. A team who maybe don't play great but nab a cheeky goal to win are staying up. This is what Johnson needs to learn and focus on.

The thing about the nice football thing is a bit of a mixed bag.

Done a bit of number crunching and sometimes people say we have 60% possession as if it is routine- certainly is not, try an average of 51,52%. At a push 52-53%.

Agree that possession in itself for example could be meaningless, for example some of our best results this year have come under <50% but people on here who intimate (not saying you are) that we dominate the ball but get dominated elsewhere- are painting a mixed picture.

Anyway, regardless of that LJ is completely wrong on this- obviously. We were perhaps in the game at 0-0 in the sense of a draw being obtainable, but at no particular stage did I think we were better.

Archived