IGNORED

Radio Bristol Interview

NickJ

First comment from LJ - he's "pleased and we've got our identity back".

Next - it was the referee's fault - "they do it every week to us"

The result was "a positive" - eh???

O'Dowda was going to start but "he was ill just before the game"

"Generally good"

"Paterson was very bright, he's got a goal in him, and looking forward to him playing that position again on Wednesday"

I only watched the second half, did I miss something quite remarkable in the first?

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Did he really claim that referees do us over every week? That kind of paranoid excuse is a sure sign of a coach who has lost it.

It’s been creeping into his interviews for the last 18 months, he’s got no other answer anymore, he just tries to deflect his own failings as a manager/coach. 

Not as routine a defeat as it may seem but our lack of attacking edge & goals is a real concern. We were comfortable first half but were never going to score. Leeds were very average as well which definitely masked our deficiencies.

However....’got our identity back’....is LJ actually alright? Also that quote about Paterson has to be a joke? He’s an absolute passenger at best. He hasn’t got a goal in him. In fact he’s got **** all in him. I don’t know if anyone else who went to the game today would agree but with the exception of maybe Weimann, Paterson was our worst player today.

I would say we played better today than recent weeks, certainly the best performance since Stoke but if that’s ‘our identity back’ then I despair.

7 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Not as routine a defeat as it may seem but our lack of attacking edge & goals is a real concern. We were comfortable first half but were never going to score. Leeds were very average as well which definitely masked our deficiencies.

However....’got our identity back’....is LJ actually alright? Also that quote about Paterson has to be a joke? He’s an absolute passenger at best. He hasn’t got a goal in him. In fact he’s got **** all in him. I don’t know if anyone else who went to the game today would agree but with the exception of maybe Weimann, Paterson was our worst player today.

I would say we played better today than recent weeks, certainly the best performance since Stoke but if that’s ‘our identity back’ then I despair.

Patto had a good game today; all our play came through him. Put in a shift too; he has been poor for ages but much better today.

We havent quite got to the ‘nervous giggles’ in his interviews yet so i dont think hes fully there on the out of his depth side of things, but hes already out of his depth!

get a proven EXPERIENCED manager in asap. If Moyes is available, pay him an unbelievable wage unbeknown to BCFC for a manager and we might start seeing a team thats able to do something without a giggling clown in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

I was going to create a thread about the identity comment. No need :laugh:.

Yes, I was only going to post that bit as it was pure unadulterated cliched nonsensical bollocks but I added the rest in as the interview progressed because he managed to descend even further.

"Thought we were the better side for most of the game". What?

58 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Did he really claim that referees do us over every week? That kind of paranoid excuse is a sure sign of a coach who has lost it.

People like to blame other people for being crap at their job rather than take responsibility,it’s the society we live in now I’m afraid but lee is clearly taking the piss now 

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

There's a difference between venting about an individual ref's performance and claiming they are against us every week. A very bad sign imo.

I agree. But that ref was very poor in leeds’ favour.

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? I can think of jack shit the referee did at all. Unless he stopped us from working their 18 year old keeper!

Fair, thought he ignored 4 or 5 obvious fouls on our players. Couple nasty challenges from Leeds players he let go too. Not to blame for result of course but a bad ref nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

That is a seriously worrying interview.

He is clearly struggling to see the reality.

On the back of the 'song' comments after Preston ! Which, was utterly farcical, he is now kidding himself, or trying to kid us, that things are OK.

'Got our identity back' - that is more than slightly alarming.

He kept saying this on Tuesday and fair play to Matt Withers , he debated with good explanation , and backed by others , that he couldn’t see an identity anymore / atm

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He kept saying this on Tuesday and fair play to Matt Withers , he debated with good explanation , and backed by others , that he couldn’t see an identity anymore / atm

Did LJ explain what this alleged identity actually is? I certainly can't detect one.

Archived