IGNORED

Sold our 3 best players, be realistic

iamsober

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

I’m pretty sure the majority thought at the start of the season after selling our 3 best players that mid table is what we should expect. League budget says we should be mid table. Not sure why people think we should be top 6

Top 6 ?

I think people are more concerned about a slide into a relegation fight that we don’t look equipped for

5 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I’m pretty sure the majority thought at the start of the season after selling our 3 best players that mid table is what we should expect. League budget says we should be mid table. Not sure why people think we should be top 6

SL expects to be competitive in the top half and improve, what anyone else expects is irelavant 

8 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Its not top 6 im bothered about. 

The constant deluded dross coming out of LJ’s mouth is!

if he even remotely thinks we have an identity at the moment then we are in serious trouble. 

The bloke is now a fraud. An identity theft fraud!! 

Hes got to feel under pressure. He cant seriously believe the drivel hes telling everyone, can he?!

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

The three players were offered great deals, two in the PL......

Its SL who wants to see progress and that means a higher Championship finish than last season. 

10 minutes ago, iamsober said:

It's not all about budget.

LJ has brought in a huge amount of players, it is his and his coaches job to make them better and fit them into a system of play- heaven knows what that is currently.

They have failed, anyone who knows anything about the game can see there are major problems here.

The form since last Jan even WITH those "3 best players" has been abysmal.

Why shouldn't we expect top 6 or even the holy grail of the Premiership ? There's been smaller clubs than us in the Prem Swindon, Oldham ,Blackpool, Wigan, Wimbledon, Barnsley, Bournemouth  to name a few. If we are happy just being a mediocre team then we will never progress and might as well pack up.  Aim high and never settle for second best

23 minutes ago, iamsober said:

It's not just about league position - for me it's a lot about the shocking performances and dross football that gets served up - zero entertainment...

22 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I haven't seen too many people say we should be top 6.

Nevertheless LJ has sold players he inherited for a lot of money and spent a significant amount to be where - 6 points off the relegation zone. That's not what he or SL sold us.

If LJ is only capable of achieving the mediocrity that his budget allows, I'd suggest that we do not have a top class manager capable of punching above his weight. Therefore maybe SL should identify somebody that is.

Cos in the meantime whats being achieved almost anybody could do.

16 minutes ago, iamsober said:

No one expects us to be top 6? The reason we lack quality is because LJ has recruited poorly.  Will we stay mid table though? We've dropped from 4th to 14th.

I do find it concerning some on here are sticking their fingers in their ears singing 'la la la' and that everythings fine.

Some harped on how we we're closer to the playoffs than relegation.

Then it was we're equal distance between the two.

Now it's 9 points off the playoffs and 5 off relegation spots but their not mentioning that.

There's a reason alot are worried we won't even be midtable soon.

The thing is, these 3 players that we have lost, were also part of THAT run after Christmas. They were all part of our disappointing 2nd half of the season.

We seem to be in a similar, not the same - yet - but similar position without these 3 players. 

These 3 players, lets be fair, probably knew they were off in the summer during this run. It was obvious to us that it was extremely likely to happen, so it couldnt have been that much of a surprise to LJ and his team. The replacements should have been sorted long before they were sold. In Webster we have a different, but equally important defender as Flint was. Da Silva and Kelly have replaced Bryan, and in Reids replacement we have - Jamie Patterson.... Wrong position for him, is struggling for form, and is not his replacement. 

Wiemann seems to have gone missing, Famara is still on holiday (probably), and as much as he runs, Taylor is never going to score loads at this level. A strong goalkeeper has been needed for years, yet we still dont have one. Hunt is hit and miss, and Eros has disappeared.

He's had his windows, he has HIS squad, but he still doesn't know his best 11. He still doesn't have the quality that is needed for this level. We currently have no identity on the field - last season it was obvious what we were trying to do. Does anybody really know what we're trying to do this season? Honestly?

He has done a brilliant job so far on the whole. By that I mean, we are now better from top to bottom, and he has been heavily involved with that. There comes a time though, when it becomes clear that the sands of time are running low,  and new blood is needed. 

Results need to pick up quickly, or he needs to go. We cannot afford to head into January in freefall with a head coach in charge who is still unclear on the best 11/formation/tactics.

The football is shocking, the bad runs embarrassing and with the exception of a few good months we’ve all had to put up with this for 3 years.  He’s tactically inept and shows no signs of improvement and to make matters worse he’s surrounded himself with inexperience coaches.  He doesn’t know his best 11, he’s spent a lot of money on bang average or young players with potential that he’s failed to tap into.  Add to that he has sold most of the Crown Jewels he inherited.   Forget league positions, just use your eyes and see the dross we are served most weeks.   There is absolutely no reason to keep faith with the guy.  Please Steve get rid of him.

41 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He’s spent a lot, our 3 best players he’s inherited. You cannot and should not ignore that. 

Plus he said to give him 3 transfer windows to get his team, he's had more then that and millions to spend. All of our best players since he's been here where here before or on loan 

3 minutes ago, General Zod said:

The football is shocking, the bad runs embarrassing and with the exception of a few good months we’ve all had to put up with this for 3 years.  He’s tactically inept and shows no signs of improvement and to make matters worse he’s surrounded himself with inexperience coaches.  He doesn’t know his best 11, he’s spent a lot of money on bang average or young players with potential that he’s failed to tap into.  Add to that he has sold most of the Crown Jewels he inherited.   Forget league positions, just use your eyes and see the dross we are served most weeks.   There is absolutely no reason to keep faith with the guy.  Please Steve get rid of him.

Hey at least we haven't had to put up with Warnock style football which many on here mock in favour of what Johnsons teams have served up 

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

The thing is, these 3 players that we have lost, were also part of THAT run after Christmas. They were all part of our disappointing 2nd half of the season.

We seem to be in a similar, not the same - yet - but similar position without these 3 players. 

These 3 players, lets be fair, probably knew they were off in the summer during this run. It was obvious to us that it was extremely likely to happen, so it couldnt have been that much of a surprise to LJ and his team. The replacements should have been sorted long before they were sold. In Webster we have a different, but equally important defender as Flint was. Da Silva and Kelly have replaced Bryan, and in Reids replacement we have - Jamie Patterson.... Wrong position for him, is struggling for form, and is not his replacement. 

Wiemann seems to have gone missing, Famara is still on holiday (probably), and as much as he runs, Taylor is never going to score loads at this level. A strong goalkeeper has been needed for years, yet we still dont have one. Hunt is hit and miss, and Eros has disappeared.

He's had his windows, he has HIS squad, but he still doesn't know his best 11. He still doesn't have the quality that is needed for this level. We currently have no identity on the field - last season it was obvious what we were trying to do. Does anybody really know what we're trying to do this season? Honestly?

He has done a brilliant job so far on the whole. By that I mean, we are now better from top to bottom, and he has been heavily involved with that. There comes a time though, when it becomes clear that the sands of time are running low,  and new blood is needed. 

Results need to pick up quickly, or he needs to go. We cannot afford to head into January in freefall with a head coach in charge who is still unclear on the best 11/formation/tactics.

He hasn’t been brilliant and we’re not better off from top to bottom.give me cottrills championship winning squad which he has brilliantly disassembled any day

When has it ever been the job of football fans to be "realistic"?

Everyone should always be hoping and pushing for better than what is supposedly expected your team.

Go on ridiculous runs of defeats time after time, make it look like you're making it up as you're going along, start blaming officials, luck, atmospheres, songs blah blah blah and you're gonna start getting the flack.

This is not in any way shape or form , the fault of the fans and their expectations.

You're wrong.

4 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Plus he said to give him 3 transfer windows to get his team, he's had more then that and millions to spend. All of our best players since he's been here where here before or on loan 

Imagine the side we would have if we did not constantly have to sell over the last few seasons...

52 minutes ago, iamsober said:

That's not the reason, it's watching shite every week, a team with no game plan, no idea what they are doing  and LJ changing formation and lineup every single game, still hasn't got a clue of his best 11 

2 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

He hasn’t been brilliant and we’re not better off from top to bottom.give me cottrills championship winning squad which he has brilliantly disassembled any day

We are in a better position, and this is coming from an anti LJ supporter. I liked Cotts as much as the next man, but his downfall was his stubborness (fielding 2 subs short to prove a point comes to mind). 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Imagine the side we would have if we did not constantly have to sell over the last few seasons...

Did we have to sell?  Or were players made better offers, thought their career would be better served by moving?  Whilst you could hold onto a player who wants to go, it’s hardly conducive to squad harmony and morale.

Maybe the players that upped sticks and left, felt there wasn’t the ambition or ability here to get them where they wanted to be.

Just now, Taz said:

We are in a better position, and this is coming from an anti LJ supporter. I liked Cotts as much as the next man, but his downfall was his stubborness (fielding 2 subs short to prove a point comes to mind). 

If Cotts was given the funds like Lee has had I'm sure he would've done better 

Archived