IGNORED

I don't even care about the result anymore

Jimbo76

Well, of course, I do, but I spend every week earning sufficient domestic credit to watch City in one way or another. 

This usually means my wife stepping up and managing kids, home etc....

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

Was it a good game?.........No

Did you enjoy any of it?......No

Today, she eventually asked (some would say well overdue):

Why do you do it?.............

In our current situation,  I struggled to answer that one. 

I've sat through many a bad season since my first season ticket 25 years ago (now exiled in Devon) but I can't remember a time like this where the standard of football was so bad,  the entertainment level so low. 

Isn't that what it's meant to be? Entertaining?

Just had enough. Been a city fan long enough to be very comfortable with bad results but I expect commitment, passion and a bit of entertaining football. How many shots on target in the last 5 games or so?

Johnson is no doubt well intentioned but he's just not up to it.

Maybe I should just go and watch Bristol City reserves (Torquay). A lot closer, cheaper and probably some passion.

Rant over.

Tombola Boy has managed to lower all of our expectations and recruited really badly.

the pass and move game that saw off Man U is long gone.

i'm just giving it a rest, until he goes or gets pushed, even though i have a season ticket and don't like wasting the money .

Odd that we can build a stadium for the Premiership and all we needed to do with Cotterill's champions was add a top notch striker

54 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Odd that we can build a stadium for the Premiership and all we needed to do with Cotterill's champions was add a top notch striker

We did. We added Kodjia..?! 

You aren’t going to get much better than him at this level, he had a great season and went on to be the biggest transfer in Championship history, at the time. 

So it looks like the simplicity of your solution is really founded. 

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We did. We added Kodjia..?! 

You aren’t going to get much better than him at this level, he had a great season and went on to be the biggest transfer in Championship history, at the time. 

So it looks like the simplicity of your solution is really founded. 

As you well know, SC (blessings be upon him) wanted Gayle or Grey to play with Kodjia as he was already at the club. 

But don’t let what actually happened stand in the way of third form irony!

7 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

Well, of course, I do, but I spend every week earning sufficient domestic credit to watch City in one way or another. 

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

I've sat through many a bad season since my first season ticket 25 years ago (now exiled in Devon) but I can't remember a time like this where the standard of football was so bad,  the entertainment level so low. 

Just had enough. Been a city fan long enough to be very comfortable with bad results but I expect commitment, passion and a bit of entertaining football. How many shots on target in the last 5 games or so?

Maybe I should just go and watch Bristol City reserves (Torquay). A lot closer, cheaper and probably some passion.

Rant over.

Besides the last paragraph. That mirrors my feelings. 

Recently I feel so disinterested watching city. I love the city and has been a massive part of my life. Spent god knows how much money. Like most on this forum. But recently on a Saturday or what other day we play on these days I just don’t get excited. I stand in the corner with my heart going we’re going to win 5-0 and going to get in the premiership. But my head is going what the **** am I doing here watching this shit . I hope it’s a temporary feeling. I honestly can’t remember the last time I missed a home match even the poxy cup. But lately I’m thinking I can’t be bothered. It’s not just the football but a couple of other things that are adding to my experience. 35 years I’ve been watching and had hardly anything to cheer about. But I’ve always loved it . 

Anyway Sunday morning moan over . Just hope for ME my head doesn’t rule my heart . 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Recently I feel so disinterested watching city. I love the city and has been a massive part of my life. Spent god knows how much money. Like most on this forum. But recently on a Saturday or what other day we play on these days I just don’t get excited. I stand in the corner with my heart going we’re going to win 5-0 and going to get in the premiership. But my head is going what the **** am I doing here watching this shit . I hope it’s a temporary feeling. I honestly can’t remember the last time I missed a home match even the poxy cup. But lately I’m thinking I can’t be bothered. It’s not just the football but a couple of other things that are adding to my experience. 35 years I’ve been watching and had hardly anything to cheer about. But I’ve always loved it . 

Anyway Sunday morning moan over . Just hope for ME my head doesn’t rule my heart . 

It was ever thus.  I well remember trudging home after games in the 70's vowing never to go down and watch that rubbish again.  Yet, 40 years later and here I am!

People often overlook poor quality entertainment when you get 3 points. But the football is awful, some of the worst I’ve seen, and we are losing week in week out. 

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years, but I can’t be bothered to go down anymore. The thought of going to the football on a Saturday just doesn’t excite me anymore 

My views on LJ are well known he cannot manage simple, I hear so much about "the plan"  "the pillars" and yes great in words but rubbish in practice. Buy young train on sell on build a team/squad, the only problem being when prospects are found/brought on we cash in and its back to square one and also a lot of poor buys are wasted money and are simply not good enough.

So we need a manager who has a proven record and can bring in either quality or good prospects, preferably a bit of both; we then keep the best of what we have (at least for a couple of seasons) add to them and build a promotion chasing squad; the key to this is the MANAGER who yes needs scouts etc but doesn't need other suits telling him what he should be doing/bringing in, he should know that already.

We lack leadership on and off the pitch until that is addressed we will go no-where, dump the salesman and the plan... give us our City back  

...and these comments, more than any, should be enough for SL to make a decision.

For 50 plus years City were my life. The matches defined the week. Get excited the day before, builds on matchday then dependent on the result either a great weekend or shite. Then look forward to the next.

It’s still there but the flame now is just a flicker. 

Haven't renewed my Membership for the first time ever as I could see this downward tail spin coming. Had got two other Man U fans to sign up in the last couple of years too. Amazingly, it is them who are saying to sign up for the Membership offer with the ‘free’ Bolton tickets rather than me. I really just can’t be arsed. 

Maybe it just a phase I’m going through, more likely though I’ve seen this spiral of decline so many times before I just can’t face it again. All the warning signs were there months ago but were ignored by those who are paid obscene amounts of money to deliver success - however you define it - and a relegation battle is not a definition in my terms. 

If there was hope that this is yet another blip and performances would improve based on a clear identity, pattern of play and player development then fine. We’re getting worse, not better, thought both as a team and individuals. 

We need to hear from SL, and soon. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Saturdays at the football was the highlight of my week for 40/50yrs its now too nice and boring, enjoyed the Cotts time but now passionless and we have morphed into part of something else.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

...and these comments, more than any, should be enough for SL to make a decision.

For 50 plus years City were my life. The matches defined the week. Get excited the day before, builds on matchday then dependent on the result either a great weekend or shite. Then look forward to the next.

It’s still there but the flame now is just a flicker. 

Haven't renewed my Membership for the first time ever as I could see this downward tail spin coming. Had got two other Man U fans to sign up in the last couple of years too. Amazingly, it is them who are saying to sign up for the Membership offer with the ‘free’ Bolton tickets rather than me. I really just can’t be arsed. 

Maybe it just a phase I’m going through, more likely though I’ve seen this spiral of decline so many times before I just can’t face it again. All the warning signs were there months ago but were ignored by those who are paid obscene amounts of money to deliver success - however you define it - and a relegation battle is not a definition in my terms. 

If there was hope that this is yet another blip and performances would improve based on a clear identity, pattern of play and player development then fine. We’re getting worse, not better, thought both as a team and individuals. 

We need to hear from SL, and soon. 

well said :clap:done my time as well, don't like whats on offer atm so I don't go and wont go back while LJ is here.

I had this conversation on the way to the ground a coupe of games ago. My mates come in from Bradley Stoke on the train , so I meet them at the Masonic, as we were doing the last leg from the Coopers to the ground moaning about the team, I said if it wasn't for the social side there wouldn't be much point in going down.

We all know SL doesn't fire managers on a whim , LJ is safe until he looses patience. I think we won't see a change unless we spend some time in the bottom 3. What that means in the time until then ? Unless LJ stumbles onto a winning formula I don't see much changing. It has to be a change from the manager, I think we have a pretty decent squad but obviously something is wrong. 

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

As you well know, SC (blessings be upon him) wanted Gayle or Grey to play with Kodjia as he was already at the club. 

But don’t let what actually happened stand in the way of third form irony!

Neither of those players wanted to join us as they had better options.

Meanwhile 3-5-2 was not working defensively but Cotts refused to change.

Strikers really weren't the issue.

9 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

Rant over.

I'm in exactly the same position and feel exactly the same 

Strange thing is....this is the most I've ever disliked watching City. I don't enjoy one bit of it anymore....yet the club is arguably in the healthiest state it's been in for the 25 years I've had a season ticket

What's done it for me is the complete lack of ambition, and the complete mismanagement ...of the team on and off the field. I genuinely believe with a decent , proven manager at this level, with Championship experience...this club could potentially fly forward . 

Everyone bar the owners can see Lee Johnson is out of his depth and not capable of taking us forward. And we all know in football....if your not going forward, you will eventually start going backwards . We have been for the last 10 months. 

We have a manager who has no plan, no vision, no idea what his best team is or his best tactics . He's been in charge for 3 years ffs

I really have no interest in going to games anymore. I cannot remember the last time I felt entertained by a LJ side. It really is awful 

Can’t help but echo a lot of the comments. 

Do I wake up on a Saturday thinking ‘brilliant there’s a home game today’? Not currently. 

I was really on the fence this year about renewing my season ticket for the 18th time but I did it anyway. The football is only part of the day where I get to catch up with friends but it is the reason we are all there after all. 

Can I justify another £400 odd quid next year, plus £20 a game on drinks which is another £500 over the season, when I’m getting no enjoyment out of it? 

It’s been like this for most of my 40 years watching, occasional good seasons, but mostly a struggle. I just enjoy watching football, especially at Championship level, some good teams, some good grounds to visit, and if we did go down, a few new grounds, and we should win a lot more often.

As for Lee, I’m always wary of changing manager as it, all too often, makes little difference. More than anything right now, we need consistency in shape and selection for a few games, but as was obvious at the start of the season, where are the goals coming from? Let’s see what January brings.   

8 minutes ago, Chappers said:

It’s been like this for most of my 40 years watching, occasional good seasons, but mostly a struggle. I just enjoy watching football, especially at Championship level, some good teams, some good grounds to visit, and if we did go down, a few new grounds, and we should win a lot more often.

As for Lee, I’m always wary of changing manager as it, all too often, makes little difference. More than anything right now, we need consistency in shape and selection for a few games, but as was obvious at the start of the season, where are the goals coming from? Let’s see what January brings.   

January, you’d trust lj to spend more money, he’s had enough time and money to spend and we’re crap , he needs to go , how many more players does he need to sign, his recruitment record is poor at best ,  lj has said he has the final say on all transfers, he can’t be trusted to spend anymore.

10 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

Rant over.

We must have the same wife! I think what decides my future  attendance with LJ in charge will be the weather.  The football at the present is dire . I go with mates but we all feel the same.

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

Rant over.

Totally agree with all you have said 

now im going to stick my neck out.

would you rather be winning and entertained in league 1 or losing ever week in the premier league?

most people on the forum look to be wanting promotion but who wants to see away fans celebrate every week ( look at Fulham).

or on the the other hand look at Barnsley & Sunderland, their having a cracking season.

i feel the same as you at the moment mate, just want to be entertained and win games 

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

We must have the same wife! I think what decides my future  attendance with LJ in charge will be the weather.  The football at the present is dire . I go with mates but we all feel the same.

Same mate , there’s a group of 7 of us all of us have had enough, we are still going just for the social side of things , the football is dire, and it’s boring, and then you see lj spout absolute bull shit in his interviews like yesterday, the club have to act now and get rid , lj is a chancer, like I’ve said many times before, why did he get the job in the first place , still baffles me , Johnson out .

6 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Totally agree with all you have said 

now im going to stick my neck out.

would you rather be winning and entertained in league 1 or losing ever week in the premier league?

most people on the forum look to be wanting promotion but who wants to see away fans celebrate every week ( look at Fulham).

or on the the other hand look at Barnsley & Sunderland, their having a cracking season.

i feel the same as you at the moment mate, just want to be entertained and win games 

Couldn’t handle league 1 again, winning games or not it’s a crap standard.

Agreed it is rubbish, and lj shoukd have gone during one of the previous winless runs, but lets face it, he isnt going to be fired, and we are still better off than the mcinness relegation season, benny relegation season, the brighton play off let down, plus other countless let downs,  we are bristol city, we are invariably mismanaged, suffer from poor decisions from above, have countless rubbish players, and suffer from a lack of any sustained success. 

I can't remember a time like this where the standard of football was so bad,  the entertainment level so low. 

The standard of football, although terrible this season, has been as bad and worse on plenty of occasions. 

I make you spot on about the entertainment levels though. The home games in particular have been so incredibly boring. In the first half against Preston I genuinely found myself having a lengthy discussion about Argentinian politics. Seriously, that’s how incredibly dull the football is, it just ends up something that is happening in front of you, but have to find something else to keep you occupied.

When you couple the dismal football with what has largely been a dead atmosphere at Ashton Gate this season the games can seem a real chore. I enjoyed the second half against Stoke, but other than that the only home game I’ve enjoyed this season was Villa. And that was solely down to what I thought was a brilliant atmosphere. The football itself was poor. Mainly the reason why the away games have been slightly more bearable than the home games, at least you can usually rely on a decent atmosphere in the away end.

Every week she says:

Did you win?........No

Rant over.

The simple fact is that BCFC as we knew it is dead, it’s just a business now and part of the bigger project Bristol Sport...

Fans always had a voice when I was growing up and more often then not when the fans spoke, turnt and stopped going the manager would be gone.. SL doesn’t give a toss about our enjoyment, whether the football is good enough, he cares more about his little family friend LJ...

Personally I’m done with SL, LJ and the club, I felt nothing yesterday when we lost.. Nothing!!

16 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

The simple fact is that BCFC as we knew it is dead, it’s just a business now and part of the bigger project Bristol Sport...

Fans always had a voice when I was growing up and more often then not when the fans spoke, turnt and stopped going the manager would be gone.. SL doesn’t give a toss about our enjoyment, whether the football is good enough, he cares more about his little family friend LJ...

Personally I’m done with SL, LJ and the club, I felt nothing yesterday when we lost.. Nothing!!

Nothing??  How can you feel nothing?  You're with the wrong team if you feel nothing.  However, the fact you're on here posting tells me you must've felt something,

Archived