IGNORED

Predictable otib.......

Robbored

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

What is it about ‘LJ is going nowhere’  that they don’t understand?

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

I don't think SL is afraid to sack LJ. The interview last season told me he won't accept the same again this season, if we lose our next 2 I think that's it. ?

I never said SL was afraid..........reluctant is the word I’d use for the reasons I posted in the op.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

Agree with your sentiment, but feel you are wrong with this LJ is going nowhere stuff, RR.  Of course SL will sack him, the man is not a moron!

I believe that if we don't win one of the next 2 games, he will be sacked.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Agree with your sentiment, but feel you are wrong with this LJ is going nowhere stuff, RR.  Of course SL will sack him, the man is not a moron!

I believe that if we don't win one of the next 2 games, he will be sacked.

No he won’t................:facepalm:

If and it’s a big if SL sees no progress and/or City flirting with the drop zone again then SL might decide that LJ has had enough time and decide to sack him but that won’t happen any time soon regardless of results in the next two games. City still have 28 Championship games left to play - plenty of time yet.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No he won’t................:facepalm:

If and it’s a big if SL sees no progress and/or City flirting with the drop zone again then SL might decide that LJ has had enough time and decide to sack him but that won’t happen any time soon regardless of results in the next two games. City still have 28 Championship games left to play - plenty of time yet.

If we lost the next 2 games we'd more than likely be mere points off of the bottom, flirting with the drop zone again, to use your words.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We did accept the fact a long time ago. I certainly did anyway. We all know Lansdown won't get rid of Little Lee no matter what. 

That's the problem. We have a manager in charge who is clueless....and when it comes to the football aspect of  it, the owner is even worse  

So yeah...we have accepted he's going no where. Doesn't mean we are wrong though therefore we will continue to bring it up 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We did accept the fact a long time ago. I certainly did anyway. We all know Lansdown won't get rid of Little Lee no matter what. 

That's the problem. We have a manager in charge who is clueless....and when it comes to the football aspect of  it, the owner is even worse  

So yeah...we have accepted he's going no where. Doesn't mean we are wrong though therefore we will continue to bring it up 

It doesn’t matter what you or other like minded fans think about LJ so imo there’s absolutely no point whatsoever in whinging about it.

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said RR, you know 80%+ of City fans agree with you, even if it is more evenly split on this particular forum where most people dont attend games and some really dont care about the club anyway

you don't know that, in fact how do you know its not exactly the other way around?

Did you even see LJ's post match interview?

This was the turning point for me. He was going on about how good we were up until the red card and would give them a pat on the back?

I'm sorry but to be a good manager you need to be a manager. Not a friend. Support and train by all means but give the hairdryer treatment when needed.

I genuinely don't think Lee has ever blown his lid at the squad and perhaps it's ocassionally warranted.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sounds alright to me given most of the forum are shitting their pants at the thought of going down

Everyone is shitting their pants at that thought not just this forum particularly  SL but he won’t be thinking along those lines yet.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It doesn’t matter what you or other like minded fans think about LJ so imo there’s absolutely no point whatsoever in whinging about it.

I know a song about that.......sit down shut up, sit down shut up :banana:  and what is wrong with many fans on a forum saying what they think? or should we in fact not have a forum at all as everyone in your world must say nothing and agree with everything

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Won’t matter one bit Kev.  There’ll still be plenty of games remaining.

into the valley of death they rode but it didn't matter as there were plenty left.

25 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said RR, you know 80%+ of City fans agree with you, even if it is more evenly split on this particular forum where most people dont attend games and some really dont care about the club anyway

Lots of made up 'facts" here....

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Why do you hate GJ so much but you’ve got an absolute stonker of a hard on for his clueless son?

GJ is clearly the better manager. 

Because it's controversial and gives him the attention he craves....

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s not the fact we lost to Leeds , albeit a side with 2 keepers missing ,a rookie kid in goal only managing a shot on target.  Not for the first time this season. 

Also Leeds were missing several outfield players too , Leeds were there for the taking ! 

We were matching a weak leedsbteam for an hour.  Wow.  Brown hill sending off a smokescreen really 

most fans realise 9 wins from 42 games is piss poor.   So therefore a long enough pattern to judge. 

We are now on a famous losing streak again.  

Next up lowly Ipswich.   If we lose what will be the excuse for that game ? 

The sooner Johnson goes the better 

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Did you even see LJ's post match interview?

This was the turning point for me. He was going on about how good we were up until the red card and would give them a pat on the back?

I'm sorry but to be a good manager you need to be a manager. Not a friend. Support and train by all means but give the hairdryer treatment when needed.

I genuinely don't think Lee has ever blown his lid at the squad and perhaps it's ocassionally warranted.

I'm not sure we would know that, if he did. And I'm certain that if he did make it public then the usual suspects would go ballistic about him blaming everyone else.....

If there's one thing you can say for him yesterday, it's that he's been successful in deflecting criticism from individual players and taking it himself. Not a single 'xx player was crap' post that I've seen, in contrast to the 11 or so we usually get after a defeat. Perhaps because there weren't too many bad performances yesterday, and LJ is right; until the sending off we were pretty good, we're doing some of the things we try to do better (and yes, I know, we've got very few goals in us). 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yesterday was nowhere near as bad as people are making out and i am not even LJ's biggest fan. Ok we failed to create much but we were comfortable at 11 v 11. A huge improvement on Preston.

It’s funny. A lot of people have been saying that. Are those people happy to watch a game where we never look like scoring? Because I promise you we’ll never win a game if we don’t score. 

We've been served up so much rubbish recently that some fans have re-evaluated what is considered acceptable. And yesterday is exactly that. 

Yesterday was shit, just much less shit than the other recent shit games. It was nowhere near acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I'm not sure we would know that, if he did. And I'm certain that if he did make it public then the usual suspects would go ballistic about him blaming everyone else.....

If there's one thing you can say for him yesterday, it's that he's been successful in deflecting criticism from individual players and taking it himself. Not a single 'xx player was crap' post that I've seen, in contrast to the 11 or so we usually get after a defeat. Perhaps because there weren't too many bad performances yesterday, and LJ is right; until the sending off we were pretty good, we're doing some of the things we try to do better (and yes, I know, we've got very few goals in us). 

We weren’t good. I wish people would stop saying that. 

Archived