IGNORED

Predictable otib.......

Robbored

LJ needs to be replaced ASAP.  I appreciate SL calls the shots and supports him but that is no reason to stop us expressing our frustration.  Football is all about passion,  fans up and down the country make their voices heard when they’ve had enough,  club chairmen react at different paces but eventually they do see the light and changes are made.  We are no different.  If you’re unhappy, continue to make your feelings known, the louder the better.  Don’t let the submissive voices convince you differently. It may take time, there may be a bit of face saving but eventually a change will come.  Plenty of chairmen show a large amount of loyalty but a combination of poor performance, results, player power and fans voices always lead to change in the end.  Bristol City and SL are no different. 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s funny. A lot of people have been saying that. Are those people happy to watch a game where we never look like scoring? Because I promise you we’ll never win a game if we don’t score. 

We've been served up so much rubbish recently that some fans have re-evaluated what is considered acceptable. And yesterday is exactly that. 

Yesterday was shit, just much less shit than the other recent shit games. It was nowhere near acceptable. 

Absolutely spot on . But at least we got our identity back yesterday. 

Fanfuckingtastic

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s funny. A lot of people have been saying that. Are those people happy to watch a game where we never look like scoring? Because I promise you we’ll never win a game if we don’t score. 

We've been served up so much rubbish recently that some fans have re-evaluated what is considered acceptable. And yesterday is exactly that. 

Yesterday was shit, just much less shit than the other recent shit games. It was nowhere near acceptable. 

Im not saying it was great guess that says it all about how bad Preston was! I agree we never looked like scoring but neither did leeds before the sending off. 

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I just don't get "we were good yesterday" we never had a shot on target and the best we could hope for was 0-0.

And you think that 0-0 against a top six side, with a capacity crowd, wouldn't have been good?

oh, and we did have a shot on target. Not a great one, I'll grant you, but nevertheless!

Just now, italian dave said:

And you think that 0-0 against a top six side, with a capacity crowd, wouldn't have been good?

Ah. Now we get into it. You’re confusing result with performance. 

0-0 after 60 minutes with a top 6 side is fair enough. (Of course it only matters if you get there after 90). 

The performance wasn’t good enough. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I thought we were. Just my opinion, of course. But as valid as yours. And I don't hope you'd stop saying what you think. (Well, only occasionally :) )

Ignore Fordy he is a miserable bugger! :laughcont:

Firstly @Robbored , I don't think it has reached meltdown just yet. Lose at Ipswich and drop points Vs Millwall and I'll check back in.

Thing is, this is a forum and it's whole raison d'être  is discussion, rants , and moaning. My Mrs isn't going to listen to me moan about City, at least she's not going to come back with any decent counter point. On here at least there is a chance of it. Now my thoughts ......

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

What is it about ‘LJ is going nowhere’  that they don’t understand?

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

The anti LJ brigade , aren't out in force , it's just more obvious after a defeat. That and any LJ supporters would find it hard to defend him after juggling the squad so much and still not causing their keeper any serious problems.

While I agree in part with the "LJ is going nowhere" , it's not exactly true. There will be a tipping point for SL. When, or what that will be we will only know after the event. Lansdown will not be happy with what has been dished up, he also will give JL every opportunity to sort things out. I also believe that when the time comes we will get the old chestnut of "mutual agreement "

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Ah. Now we get into it. You’re confusing result with performance. 

0-0 after 60 minutes with a top 6 side is fair enough. (Of course it only matters if you get there after 90). 

The performance wasn’t good enough. 

No, I thought the performance was good, and had we got a 0-0 that would have been a good result. I know that's only 60 minutes, the context for this was the difference the sending off made. We got over run after that. 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

9 wins in 42 suggest otherwise 

To you maybe but as I’ve posted earlier, there are plenty of games to go......

Its worth pointing out again that LJ is working essentially with one hand tied behind his back due to the strategy that SL wants him to employ.

If SL was willing to spend mega bucks then things would be easier but he’s not and that’s why he employed LJ who is willing to work within the strategy - Cotterill wasn’t and that why he was sacked.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If SL was willing to spend mega bucks then things would be easier but he’s not and that’s why he employed LJ who is willing to work within the strategy - Cotterill wasn’t and that why he was sacked.

I thought he was sacked because we were shit, losing games and heading for relegation 

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

I agree with you Robbo...SL wants stability and wants LJ to do well, and trusts him to run the Club how he wants.

LJ is obviously not clueless...he's shown he can compete and even beat some of the worlds best teams.

However...whoever is in charge here, will struggle to gain a top 6 status any time soon, as the Club are looking long term, rather than short term...hence the interest in Academy and structure....and to buy young hungry players to develop.

It's all well and good...but slightly flawed when you have to sell as well. The chances of finding replacements for your sold better players, that will flourish straight away are always a gamble. You never actually get ahead of yourself. Instead you find yourself in an ever revolving door, that ends up bang average....unless you just get one of those fluke seasons.

Recent words by LJ acknowledge this...and their is some frustration in his words. He's between a rock and hard place tbh...any manager here would be. It's the nature of how SL wants the club run.

On paper...it could work...but only if everything was perfect. But as we know...football isn't.

I don't doubt LJ's ability as a coach...I think he's a good one.

My only doubts are the people involved in recruitment...MA for me is a good 'money man', but I have reservations about his role in the recruitment.

And my only doubt about LJ is his ability to motivate players. He himself has said numerous times 'that he needs to get players going'....

For whatever reason our players are playing within themselves, without freedom. you can actually see the 'thinking bubble' attached to their heads, it's weighing them down, slowing them down, both physically and mentally.

We've seen our players are capable...we've seen LJ is a capable...but there comes a time when if you can't motivate players to get going it becomes a worry.

LJ comes across as the thinker...we have Jamie Mac and Holden who have character to 'motivate'...hard no nonsense men....so on paper it should work.

I've started to think LJ would work better in a partnership. A head coach and manager partnership. His coaching skills imo, are good. His motivational skills are questionable imo.

If he and his team of coaches are struggling to get players going, then it's a problem.

We need stability...we need a good coach...but we also need motivation.

Motivation and suspect recruitment are our Achilles heal atm imo.

I want LJ to do well...I like him...but he needs to find a way to motivate these players, or SL needs to find him help or another solution.

It's just got all too cosy and nice...

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Oh **** off

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Won’t matter one bit Kev.  There’ll still be plenty of games remaining.

I agree with you on many of your points, and whilst I do feel SL will give Johnson every opportunity to turn it around.

However, for me you have to look at our record post January, it is appalling. I feel Johnson will be allowed more time due to Flint, Bryan and Reid leaving but he had been allowed to spend relatively large sums for us as a club. 

This is his squad now, I read on another thread he’s still taking about a lack of leadership in the group! His comment yesterday but finding our identity is concerning, we weren’t great but an improvement on Preston. If we kept 11 on the pitch we may have had a chance, why keep Brownhill on? 

I think he needs 4 points as a minimum this week. We’re playing teams low on confidence. I’m not convinced we’ll get them. 

I don’t believe this club can afford to get relegated, the game is changing and the gap between the championship and league 1 is huge. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To you maybe but as I’ve posted earlier, there are plenty of games to go......

Its worth pointing out again that LJ is working essentially with one hand tied behind his back due to the strategy that SL wants him to employ.

So 9 wins in 42 games is acceptable?

I will say it again - it's not all about the budget, it plays a part but only a part.

It is about using your resources wisely, it's about making those resources better through coaching.

Its about having a playing philosophy that is stuck to.

Its about providing the players with a platform to play from.

In all of these respects LJ and his hugely inexperienced coaching team, have utterly failed.

After nearly 3 years I have no faith he is finally going to learn.

This is going one way with him in charge of that there is no doubt, yesterday's media comments show a man under significant pressure and completely unsure what to do next.

His selection on Tuesdaybwill be hugely interesting given that he thought we played well yesterday

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

So 9 wins in 42 games is acceptable?

I’m not saying it’s acceptable

It is about using your resources wisely, it's about making those resources better through coaching.

LJ is a a very decent coach. 

Its about having a playing philosophy that is stuck to.

LJ is working to develop a style and philosophy 

Its about providing the players with a platform to play from.

see above.

In all of these respects LJ and his hugely inexperienced coaching team, have utterly failed.

failed? How?

After nearly 3 years I have no faith he is finally going to learn.

learn what?

This is going one way with him in charge of that there is no doubt, yesterday's media comments show a man under significant pressure 

I watched the live stream yesterday and City did play very well particularly in the first half but the sending off made a huge difference. LJ was completely right in what he said post match. However you’re using those comments as a stick to beat him with................:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

This manager has brought in 47 players since he has been in charge and only a few have done ok. Awful, the bloke has lost it 

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree with you Robbo...SL wants stability and wants LJ to do well, and trusts him to run the Club how he wants.

So perhaps it’s time for SL to sale up.  His idolistic approach to running a football club is totally flawed in a world that the players hold all the power and most look to move on for more money at the earliest opportunity.  Good players don’t stick around long enough to build a team of local talent.  The best are poached before they leave the academy.  If he doesn’t want to accept that football ownership in the Championship isn’t a business but a plaything for billionaires who have everything and the fire of enthusiasm he once had has gone out then I think it’s time to move on.  I know it won’t happen and the way he’s intertwined the club into Bristol Sport makes it even more unlikely.  I would say that even if SL did go there is no way new owners would think LJ is the man to push us to the next level.

6 minutes ago, General Zod said:

So perhaps it’s time for SL to sale up.  His idolistic approach to running a football club is totally flawed in a world that the players hold all the power and most look to move on for more money at the earliest opportunity.  Good players don’t stick around long enough to build a team of local talent.  The best are poached before they leave the academy.  If he doesn’t want to accept that football ownership in the Championship isn’t a business but a plaything for billionaires who have everything and the fire of enthusiasm he once had has gone out then I think it’s time to move on.  I know it won’t happen and the way he’s intertwined the club into Bristol Sport makes it even more unlikely.  I would say that even if SL did go there is no way new owners would think LJ is the man to push us to the next level.

Jeez.............:facepalm:

Get out of bed the wrong side GZ?

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said RR, you know 80%+ of City fans agree with you, even if it is more evenly split on this particular forum where most people dont attend games and some really dont care about the club anyway

Are you Rory Stewart?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tory-minister-rory-stewart-apologises-making-brexit-stat-094152573.html?guccounter=1

Archived