IGNORED

Red button option for next two games v Ipswich and Millwall?

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

most of em should be sacked for under performance...….

Interestingly Johnson said himself Tuesday evening

If it’s not working you change the players, the tactics , or the manager’

Unless he goes on another supermarket sweep in January he won’t be changing many players

Id assume he wouldn’t ever resign .......so

Do we expect a imminent change of tactics ? (Or was floated crosses at Diedhiou v Preston the new plan , obviously not as Diedhiou warmed the bench Saturday).  ?

Or can Lee hear the revolver being located .....

7 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Me and 8 other season ticket holders not attending until LJ is gone. The football is dire and doesn’t deserve our attention, our beer money, food money and so on!! 

I’m not going to the Millwall game either and I’ve missed 1 home game in the last 3 years and don’t miss Saturday aways (super fan, I know...). Had enough of Johnson now.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m really trying to think hard about why I should go next Sunday - other than being a City fan....when we were at our lowest ebb and dear old Terry Cooper was at the helm, it was a no brainer......I went to every game because our boys needed us to be right behind them....they earned naff all and we were struggling.....it’s totally different now....we’ve got players on around £1m a year playing for a multi billionaire owner....and it’s dreadful .....no entertainment, no atmosphere, just a flat horrid few hours....it’s very sad...

I agree with you 100% - those years under Terry Cooper were the most enjoyable because he was such a genuine guy who worked tirelessly without complaint or excuse who we could all see was building something with no money no staff etc but he was - his words - " determined to get us a good team because the fans deserve it".   Did plenty of a ways at Rochdale Chesterfield Crewe etc and the togetherness - players manager fans - pulled us through. That night at Sealand Road made it all worth it!

15 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Most of have the chance to see us perform live at home

away match's are a bit more expensive

So with the next two games on the red button

and for those not going to Ipswich and possibly Millwall

You can watch the game in the comfort of your own homes/venues

See the rest of you hoardes on Wednesday night at Ipswich 

is millwall definitely on the red button? it doesn't say so on sky sports city page

13 hours ago, archie andrews said:

so its not the players faults then??

Partly, but if the head coach keeps picking them same underperforming players then whose fault is it?  

Pack (after playing well at the start of the season) has been cack for the last 10 games but keeps being picked ahead of Walsh, Pato been poor ever since his return from illness in early 2018 but keeps being picked ahead of COD, Wiemann (after a great start) is looking more like a misfit playing central each game but keeps being picked ahead of Taylor, Eisa. Fammy is not a target man but keeps being asked to play that role, etc. 

I think the only way SL is going to listen to the fans 

1,a protest outside the players entrance before the game, 

2,boycott a game, NO bums on seats,or spend no money in the concourse, ie Drinks, hot food &, tea/coffee, NO REVINUE, 

Option 2, the next home game after Millwall, if not sacked by then, if we loose both games, 

10 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Partly, but if the head coach keeps picking them same underperforming players then whose fault is it?  

Pack (after playing well at the start of the season) has been cack for the last 10 games but keeps being picked ahead of Walsh, Pato been poor ever since his return from illness in early 2018 but keeps being picked ahead of COD, Wiemann (after a great start) is looking more like a misfit playing central each game but keeps being picked ahead of Taylor, Eisa. Fammy is not a target man but keeps being asked to play that role, etc. 

Put Pack in a 3, perhaps with Walsh and when he's back Brownhill and I think it could improve the team and him. Playing him in a 2 can expose him and by extension the team.

Diedhiou maybe worth trying with wingers, in a 4-3-3- but not as a target man but a mobile frontman perhaps, or for that matter Taylor in a 3 with the constant energy and midfield getting up to support- but the current shapeshifting is terrible.

Paterson- play him as a full on '10' or not at all IMO. Behind Weimann or even Taylor in an attempt to recreate the 4-4-1-1 that worked really well last season- would say Diedhiou but I think the latter lacks the technical quality.

Things just seem to be declining though- seems the players are somewhat shoehorned in, hardly think they're in positions that will get the best out of them.

On 25/11/2018 at 16:53, wood_red said:

I have only missed 5 games all season and am going out Saturday night for a drink or two. I certainly won't be making any effort to go Sunday and have already gave my ticket away. The football at the moment is just not entertaining, along with the parking issues, the red button (and a hangover) it is just too easy to not bother. 

I hope I miss a 5-0 win (to us) and the turning point of our season but just have a feeling I won't.

Next 2 games - Ipswich haven't won at home this season, and Millwall who haven't won away this season....... Make of that what you will.....

The Bristol City Charity Fund (BCCF) has been in operation for some time now and is pleased to confirm that it will be continuing in the same generous pre-Christmas mode for the remainder of November and into December.

It does make a world of difference to those who are in need, so all donations are gratefully received as funds are getting low due to recent outgings to the impoverished residents in Stoke, Reading, Preston and Leeds. Thanking you in advance for your continued support.

On 25/11/2018 at 16:23, JBFC II said:

I’d image that the people who find our football dire have only turned up for 3 of the last 10 seasons then, considering where we are currently compared to where we have been...

Utter crap. Barely missed a home game in decades but the football at the moment is poor and we look rudderless. 

22 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter crap. Barely missed a home game in decades but the football at the moment is poor and we look rudderless. 

So you find this worse than the football between 2010-14 and the championship campaign under SC? 

I'm amazed... 

21 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I agree with you 100% - those years under Terry Cooper were the most enjoyable because he was such a genuine guy who worked tirelessly without complaint or excuse who we could all see was building something with no money no staff etc but he was - his words - " determined to get us a good team because the fans deserve it".   Did plenty of a ways at Rochdale Chesterfield Crewe etc and the togetherness - players manager fans - pulled us through. That night at Sealand Road made it all worth it!

I remember those days, unfortunately at the end of TC's reign there were a lot of fans asking for him to be sacked (just like with LJ now) as he was given money to spend and still couldn't get us promoted from Div 3, times haven't changed that much.

All I’ll say is that these two games are defining games for LJ and the players that play in the teams he picks.

No game is a given in this division, but if you were a manager under pressure, you couldn’t pick a better pair of games (as above Ipswich not won at home, Millwall not won away), could you?

Of course, you could turn this on it’s said, and say he’s on a hiding to nothing, a no-win situation!!

At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s about how many points we get, although surely 2 defeats and 0 points, must bring the axe.  

It’s now about character from LJ and the players.  It’s about clarity of selection, formation, style, etc.  It’s about desire and application during the 90 minutes.  It’s about leadership on and off the pitch.

If the players have downed tools (going through the motions is just as bad, although sounds better), then LJ should see these signs and not pick them.

I would rather he picked the kids.  That would tell us something.  It’s beyond “I’m picking the players I can trust”.  That old chestnut hasn’t worked in the past, has it?

On the flip side he controls the players and would be responsible for allowing it to happen in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All I’ll say is that these two games are defining games for LJ and the players that play in the teams he picks.

No game is a given in this division, but if you were a manager under pressure, you couldn’t pick a better pair of games (as above Ipswich not won at home, Millwall not won away), could you?

Of course, you could turn this on it’s said, and say he’s on a hiding to nothing, a no-win situation!!

At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s about how many points we get, although surely 2 defeats and 0 points, must bring the axe.  

It’s now about character from LJ and the players.  It’s about clarity of selection, formation, style, etc.  It’s about desire and application during the 90 minutes.  It’s about leadership on and off the pitch.

If the players have downed tools (going through the motions is just as bad, although sounds better), then LJ should see these signs and not pick them.

I would rather he picked the kids.  That would tell us something.  It’s beyond “I’m picking the players I can trust”.  That old chestnut hasn’t worked in the past, has it?

On the flip side he controls the players and would be responsible for allowing it to happen in the first place.

I understand what you are saying (peace does have a chance) but realistically who would you appoint? 

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I understand what you are saying (peace does have a chance) but realistically who would you appoint? 

Why did you add that word!!

When Birmingham get 15 points deducted, go and get Garry Monk.  Ain’t gonna happen, but I like him.

Uwe Rosler - currently at Malmo (ask Jan Moller to put in a good word).  Brentford and Fleetwood (Wigan to lesser extent) show he’s one for a project....and he has what I call “playing clout”.

Paul Cook (Wigan) - like him a lot too.

All three would cost us to bring in.

Expect many of you wouldn’t go for any of these.  Mad Mick would’ve been on my list.  Moyes still wants a Prem job, so he’s not realistic imho.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think we'll lose the next two but if we did I'm not sure LJ would go, that would be 6 losses and he survived after 8 season before last. It would depend if anyone good was available to replace him. If someone like David Moyes was interested then LJ would be at risk, but otherwise it would have to be some up and coming manager (like McInnes was) who would be a big gamble. City have a very poor record with managers at this level, apart from LJ and his dad other managers have been lucky to last for a season, McAllister would be given a chance and if he got a couple of wins would probably be given it permanently (like with Millen), when we chopped and changed last time we just went into a downward spiral and ended up in L1.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

I don't think we'll lose the next two but if we did I'm not sure LJ would go, that would be 6 losses and he survived after 8 season before last. It would depend if anyone good was available to replace him. If someone like David Moyes was interested then LJ would be at risk, but otherwise it would have to be some up and coming manager (like McInnes was) who would be a big gamble. City have a very poor record with managers at this level, apart from LJ and his dad other managers have been lucky to last for a season, McAllister would be given a chance and if he got a couple of wins would probably be given it permanently (like with Millen), when we chopped and changed last time we just went into a downward spiral and ended up in L1.

That really worries me....but if LJ was sacked I would be putting a big chunk on Macca at the bookies.  SL has inferred he sees JM as a future City manager!!

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Are there any other members of the Johnson family we could try we could do with a lift right now 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why did you add that word!!

When Birmingham get 15 points deducted, go and get Garry Monk.  Ain’t gonna happen, but I like him.

Uwe Rosler - currently at Malmo (ask Jan Moller to put in a good word).  Brentford and Fleetwood (Wigan to lesser extent) show he’s one for a project....and he has what I call “playing clout”.

Paul Cook (Wigan) - like him a lot too.

All three would cost us to bring in.

Expect many of you wouldn’t go for any of these.  Mad Mick would’ve been on my list.  Moyes still wants a Prem job, so he’s not realistic imho.

I know you won't but I didn't want comments like Pep , Jose , ect

Archived