IGNORED

If not Johnson; then realistically who?

Cider red

34 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Jamie McAllister? I hope not, decent bloke I'm sure but we don't need a guy who's never been a no 1.

Moyes for me

He did say realistically. I cannot see Moyes not wanting full and total control, therefore it won’t happen as much as I’d love it. :sad26:

I think Jokanovic is realistic, and a part of me hopes that if the deeds done with Lee, it’s done soon while he’s on the market.

Of course my first option is Lee turns it around and we go on a 20 game winning run although there aren’t many signs of that.

Jokanovic ticks so many boxes here:

- He’s got proven success at this level

- He’s used to working in an environment where he’s given players rather than has the say (both at Fulham and Watford) - in fact, what’s probably caused Fulham’s troubles this year is that the owners have bought too many players

- Passing Football - The style would need tweaking as opposed to wholesale changes

- Improves players and adds value

- Can build a side even with a forward who can’t trap a bag of sand (Kamara)

- Available!

I’d guess although expensive, he’d be less expensive than Moyes. And although bigger clubs than us may be interested, how big necessarily? He’s not getting a prem job anytime soon so if he wants to stay in England, an established championship club is logical.

I know there is no vacancy, but if there were, there is no downside to him as a candidate.

I personally would like to see Danny Crowley. Done a great job at Lincoln, always talks well when heard him interviewed. 

I don’t see Jokanovic or Moyles as realistic targets, think both will see themselves as able to attract bigger / more attractive clubs than us.

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think Jokanovic is realistic, and a part of me hopes that if the deeds done with Lee, it’s done soon while he’s on the market.

Of course my first option is Lee turns it around and we go on a 20 game winning run although there aren’t many signs of that.

Jokanovic ticks so many boxes here:

- He’s got proven success at this level

- He’s used to working in an environment where he’s given players rather than has the say (both at Fulham and Watford) - in fact, what’s probably caused Fulham’s troubles this year is that the owners have bought too many players

- Passing Football - The style would need tweaking as opposed to wholesale changes

- Improves players and adds value

- Can build a side even with a forward who can’t trap a bag of sand (Kamara)

- Available!

I’d guess although expensive, he’d be less expensive than Moyes. And although bigger clubs than us may be interested, how big necessarily? He’s not getting a prem job anytime soon so if he wants to stay in England, an established championship club is logical.

I know there is no vacancy, but if there were, there is no downside to him as a candidate.

Not a bad shout , built a good Fulham team , but had a bad spell in championship , then a year later in the prem , a bit like our lee ! 

If Johnson did leave which I very much doubt will happen, I would like a manager with solid proven experience of Championship football, rather than a “cheaper yes man punt” option. Someone who tactically  knows how to set a team up successfully with the ability to read a game and change formation when needed.

Quite frankly these “one shot on target” games are just not making visits to AG enjoyable at the moment.

BUT also someone who can galvanise the supporters to get behind the team as one, rather than the fractious shite that goes on at the moment. Slowly but surely, this is killing the club. Hence why I am in the Johnson out camp now.

Johnsons post match drivel/interview after the Leeds match was bloody shocking IMO.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

He did say realistically. I cannot see Moyes not wanting full and total control

and quite rightly - he'd look at the signings delivered by our recruitment dept and think he could do better. Maybe not TOTAL control but a greater say and with his experience that wouldn't be unreasonable IMO.

If ( and it's a big IF) LJ is sacked then SL will have to take on board that his philosophy hasn't worked and ceed a bit more control back to the manager.

The days of total control ( like when Brian Clough would sign a player without telling the chairman) are long gone. The sums involved now are so big and contracts so legally complicated managers now accept it's now a team effort.

I think if SL made a move Moyes would seriously consider it.

Moyes all day long for me.  Good CV, genuine love for the club, great fit for both parties at this stage of his management career.

Moyes will no doubt be unavailable by the time LJ is sacked.

I think LJ would have made an amazing coach alongside him as well.  I appreciate that this will never happen but that’s how LJ should have come into the club, working alongside an experienced guy.  We could have benefitted from his ability, new way of working on the training pitch and he would have got to learn from an experienced manager ready to take over at some point in the future.

we manage the career paths of our young players with care so why not the same for a young potential manager instead of throwing him straight in at the deep end or is LJ too stubborn for that sort of help?

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

I could see Chris Coleman being a likely replacement. And to be honest I wouldn't be unhappy with that. I've always quite liked him as a manager. 

I use the term 'likely' loosely, as unfortunately I think a vacancy in the near future is anything but. 

Cant stand him useless club manager .

No thanks

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Cant stand him useless club manager .

No thanks

Can't say I wasn't expecting this sort of response. 

Have to disagree. I grant you he took Sunderland down, but I know a few of their fans and believe me he was on a losing wicket. Did great with Wales and also did a great job with Fulham. So your appraisal of a 'useless club manager' not only alludes to his success with the Welsh team, but is also inaccurate. We could do a lot worse. And currently are. 

And I also wouldn't be averse to bumping into his missus at the Gate. ?

Archived