IGNORED

Frank Fielding

bpexile

I've only just heard Frankie on "Sound of The City" talking about his injury/illness & I have to say I honestly didn't know or realise how sick the boy has been.

He sounds like a great character to have around the club & wish him all the very very best in his recovery & life in general.

Top man :clap:.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Frankie, the audio is on the BCFC site.

A work colleague had viral meningitis too. Whilst in hospital the nurses were really worried and spoke to her family about her having an eating disorder, which she didn’t. It turned out she was regularly taking her food and hiding it in her bed linen,  she had absolutely no recollection of doing so. Certainly knocked her for six for quite a while. Very frightening for Frankie and family. 

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:14, bpexile said:

I've only just heard Frankie on "Sound of The City" talking about his injury/illness & I have to say I honestly didn't know or realise how sick the boy has been.

He sounds like a great character to have around the club & wish him all the very very best in his recovery & life in general.

Top man :clap:.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Frankie, the audio is on the BCFC site.

I too had viral meningitis. His description "I wouldn't recommend it to anyone" is exactly how I phrased it to my friends.

It is truly the worst illness I've had in my lifetime. Felt like utter, utter shite. 

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I too had viral meningitis. His description "I wouldn't recommend it to anyone" is exactly how I phrased it to my friends.

It is truly the worst illness I've had in my lifetime. Felt like utter, utter shite. 

Me too. I had it in my mid twenties and you immediately think "I could die from this".  I was hospitalised for 3 days, but it took 3 or 4 weeks to fully recover. Fortunately, in most cases, recovery is 100% though. 

Good luck and wish you a full recovery too Frank.

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Me too. I had it in my mid twenties and you immediately think "I could die from this".  I was hospitalised for 3 days, but it took 3 or 4 weeks to fully recover. Fortunately, in most cases, recovery is 100% though. 

You’ll know then that it’s difficult to treat directly unlike bacteria meningitis. An anti viral like accilovar and antipyretic medication in about the best treatment available. 

Usually last around 10 days or so iirc.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’ll know then that it’s difficult to treat directly unlike bacteria meningitis. An anti viral like accilovar and antipyretic medication in about the best treatment available. 

Usually last around 10 days or so iirc.

No such thing as anti virals in those days Robbored.  I was just given pain relief whilst it took its course.

19 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Aye bud, I was 24 when I had it. To this day have no idea how I got it, but was hospitalised for 2 weeks. Mentally took me a while to get used to going back to regular life after constant care and attention from nurses/doctors/assistant staff. There were 3/4 other cases in Southmead whilst I was in too, so it really is more common than you would think.

Echo your sentiments, speedy recovery Frankie!

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agreed , top bloke is Frankie, and a good back up , however Maenpaa has given us a shade more quality and should come back between the sticks when he’s fit .

It’s small margins at this level and NM is the better all round keeper .

Nonsense. If Frankie keeps performing, and we keep on winning, no reason whatsoever for Nikki to be reinstated "when he's fit"

Shit happens when GK's get injured, FF should only be dropped because of performance.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Nonsense. If Frankie keeps performing, and we keep on winning, no reason whatsoever for Nikki to be reinstated "when he's fit"

Shit happens when GK's get injured, FF should only be dropped because of performance.

Nonsense. Maenpaa is likely to earn us more points than Frankie ,, is the better goalkeeper and is only out through injury.The jersey was his and should be restored to our number 1 when he’s fit .

No question. 

Just to add that I think Frankie is a good keeper and a really great bloke but if Nikki earns us the extra points that get us higher up then he is the one we should be playing.

Archived