IGNORED

Sol Campbell (Merged)

Super

34 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

Throw in Steve Gerard’s Glasgow Rangers as well

15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How long do we think he'll last?

It is probably a shrewd choice for him taking that job.

If they do badly, well then they were rubbish anyway so he might get time. If they do well, he can take all credit.

I think he'll do OK.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

Pretty sure if Sol got offered a championship job he would have taken it. Trouble is with managing the worst team in the league is if he fails he is probably finished as a manager.

I've had my fair share of chuckles at him, but fair play to him in taking the top job at the bottom club in the Football League.

This is certainly the opportunity to prove the doubters wrong, but I wonder whether he'll have much clout left in the game. The likes of Lampard and Gerrard are also household names to their respective clubs, but are so fresh out of playing that they've still got great relationships with clubs and academies - enough to give them a kickstart in management.

4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

That Bloke's got a bigger 'ed than 'ol big ed 'imself!..

Gobshite......

Indeed, chip on both shoulders and it will be everyone else's fault if he fails.

He's (just about) still a name but none of the lads at Macc will have heard of him.

He's too up himself to succeed in L2. 

Archived