IGNORED

Sol Campbell (Merged)

Super

The facts are that there are hardly any black managers, which is a ridiculous stat when there is a relatively high percentage of black players, and you have to think that there is an underlying issue for this.  I think the players raising this as an issue are spot on, statistically black managers are under represented, and unless the issue is forced it won’t change, which is a sad indictment on Football in this country.

17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The facts are that there are hardly any black managers, which is a ridiculous stat when there is a relatively high percentage of black players, and you have to think that there is an underlying issue for this.  I think the players raising this as an issue are spot on, statistically black managers are under represented, and unless the issue is forced it won’t change, which is a sad indictment on Football in this country.

What about France, Spain, Italy, Germany or even America etc the list is endless?

your argument as no substance 

30 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

According to Paul Ince it is very sad that a player such as Sol Campbell has to manage his first ever FL club at such a lowly level.

I wonder whether it is no longer a case of equal rights but rather, a yearning for 'special rights'.

Whatever the position, Ince's comments are very sad & frankly, despicable.

Absolute farcical what Ince has came out and said imo, saying Campbell deserves a job at a higher level?? On what basis is that then, apparently because he’s a legend in the game :facepalm: pretty sure that doesn’t mean your a good enough manager, and as for him bringing race into again when it has no bearing whatsoever on whether a manager is black/white or whatever, if they are good enough they will get a job.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Indeed, chip on both shoulders and it will be everyone else's fault if he fails.

He's (just about) still a name but none of the lads at Macc will have heard of him.

He's too up himself to succeed in L2. 

The way he reacted as a player at Notts County was disgraceful.....when he stormed out their fans had a banner that deserves eternal praise...”We had Sol but he’s not a soldier...”

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

If he gets sacked he’ll claim it’s because he's black......

He is Macclesfield's third black manager in ten years.

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

and as for him bringing race into again when it has no bearing whatsoever on whether a manager is black/white or whatever, if they are good enough they will get a job.

?

41 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

No not really, if you are good enough & put the effort in (as well as conducting oneself properly) you will get a chance eventually esoecially in these days.

I can remember back to the days of the late Keith Alexander at Lincoln City who was a thoroughly decent man & did a good job irrespective of the colour of his skin. JFH at Burton did well & then got a bigger job at QPR based on his performance on the pitch with Burton - he then got sacked purely because of results.

Look at Nuno at Wolves - top manager & his side plays very good football - I don't see the colour of his skin - he's a quality coach & strikes me as an intelligent human being.

Dwight Yorke has applied for many jobs apparently & none more so than his beloved Villa.

Now tell me Tinman, in that rattling shell of yours, Yorke didn't get the Villa job purely because of the colour of his skin - is that right?

I used to w

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play.....why is he a legend to you? Genuinely interested...

I used to watch him at Arsenal when I was a kid. A proper leader.

Since I've grown up he's done a lot with AA and help set up sporting chance which has supported many which I admire. Ive recently read his new book which might not be everyones cup of tea but definitely resonates with me.

I see him as a bit of a Flint character x 10 and Flint I liked. 

Not many like Adams any more.

17 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

I used to w

I used to watch him at Arsenal when I was a kid. A proper leader.

Since I've grown up he's done a lot with AA and help set up sporting chance which has supported many which I admire. Ive recently read his new book which might not be everyones cup of tea but definitely resonates with me.

I see him as a bit of a Flint character x 10 and Flint I liked. 

Not many like Adams any more.

Fair enough, but I was talking about Sol Campbell....apologies if I got confused....

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but I was talking about Sol Campbell....apologies if I got confused....

Haha sorry about that then I was going on a bit.

Can't say I'm a massive fan of Sol Campbell,  but hope he does well in mangarment and he's got his chance now after giving it the big one for some time now

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

?, their could be a reason he’s not been given another chance , possible, because he’s been shit every where he’s been, could be wrong mind.

Have you read his book sober...an excellent read and his management career  has been littered with bad luck. He has also done a fantastic job with his sporting chance charity.

a true legend I recommend the book.

1 hour ago, Greatgraham said:

What about France, Spain, Italy, Germany or even America etc the list is endless?

your argument as no substance 

??? What are you talking about ??? I don’t know what the number of black managers in those countries is as I don’t follow those leagues, however if it’s the same as here then it’s a sad indictment of the sporting world.  If it’s not the same as here and black men get the opportunities in those countries professional sports then we need to learn from that.

I’m only dealing in facts, it’s not an argument

1 hour ago, Greatgraham said:

54 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

No not really, if you are good enough & put the effort in (as well as conducting oneself properly) you will get a chance eventually esoecially in these days.

I can remember back to the days of the late Keith Alexander at Lincoln City who was a thoroughly decent man & did a good job irrespective of the colour of his skin. JFH at Burton did well & then got a bigger job at QPR based on his performance on the pitch with Burton - he then got sacked purely because of results.

Look at Nuno at Wolves - top manager & his side plays very good football - I don't see the colour of his skin - he's a quality coach & strikes me as an intelligent human being.

Dwight Yorke has applied for many jobs apparently & none more so than his beloved Villa.

Now tell me Tinman, in that rattling shell of yours, Yorke didn't get the Villa job purely because of the colour of his skin - is that right?

So you are saying black ex players are just not good managers so that’s why they don’t get the jobs?  Seriously??  Absolute nonsense.  The point is they don’t get the opportunities to show if they are the next Nuno, is this not obvious?

2 hours ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

According to Paul Ince it is very sad that a player such as Sol Campbell has to manage his first ever FL club at such a lowly level.

I wonder whether it is no longer a case of equal rights but rather, a yearning for 'special rights'.

Whatever the position, Ince's comments are very sad & frankly, despicable.

Wondered how long it would take for Ince to pipe up, apparently being a 'legend' in the game warrants you a position at a big club. Because playing ability transfers to managerial ability.

23 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So you are saying black ex players are just not good managers so that’s why they don’t get the jobs?  Seriously??  Absolute nonsense.  The point is they don’t get the opportunities to show if they are the next Nuno, is this not obvious?

Who appoints managers ? Chairmen of the clubs looking to recruit ?

So why not more black managers in the game, is it because the board are racist or the fans base of every club is so racist they are reluctant to hire a black manager?

I ask because I don't know.  Speaking as purely a fan I don't care who manages us, as i'm sure 90pc think the same. Do you think black or foreign players get less leeway than white English players from the fans?

All I can say is I can't imagine if we loose tomorrow and again Sunday the colour of Johnson's skin will have little bearing on the abuse he will get.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I seriously struggle to believe that race or even skin colour plays a role in the determination of who is the most suitable candidate for a role in this day and age. If it is, then that is deplorable behaviour. But seriously? 

Perhaps someone could actually post some data on the number of BME players who do their coaching badges, and intend to go into management? I'm willing to bet that it is significantly less than their Caucasian counterparts because, get this, they're a minority group? So by definition there is less of them? 

What do we expect? 1 in every 2 clubs to be managed by a BME individual? Surely the numbers don't stack up for that?!

27 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Who appoints managers ? Chairmen of the clubs looking to recruit ?

So why not more black managers in the game, is it because the board are racist or the fans base of every club is so racist they are reluctant to hire a black manager?

I ask because I don't know.  Speaking as purely a fan I don't care who manages us, as i'm sure 90pc think the same. Do you think black or foreign players get less leeway than white English players from the fans?

All I can say is I can't imagine if we loose tomorrow and again Sunday the colour of Johnson's skin will have little bearing on the abuse he will get.

All I can say it’s all bollox that’s why every couple of months or so Ince, Jason Roberts, or Dwight Yorke will pop up out of the blue and peddle all this crap how black people are being discriminated against presumably by every club by ignoring all the black people who may have applied and then not being appointed because of the colour of their skin.

The sooner they stop this utter garbage talk and admit that clubs appoint managers who are the best candiate/experienced for the role, not because they should just be ‘given a chance’ or they was a ‘great’ player. The really don’t help anyone by coming out with this at all.

Regardless of the ethnicity, I wonder how many premier managers are English or even still, Irish, Scottish, Welsh. The argument can stretch to not enough Irish or welsh considering  the population. That can also be deem as racist ???

23 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Where did I say that?

Seriously, you want to take a long hard look at yourself before posting such nonsense.

• Admin

Sol Campbell may well come to regret some of these statements if they come back and bite him on the arse....

Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46391157

Archived