IGNORED

Sol Campbell (Merged)

Super

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sol Campbell may well come to regret some of these statements if they come back and bite him on the arse....

Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46391157

Complete ? end

I thought it was great he was doing management properly.  Lower league club, learning his trade.

I posted that on the other thread.

And then he comes out with this rubbish.  One of teh best footballers in the world my arse.

Well from wishing him success I now hope it's a complete disaster for the big headed ****.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

This could get very funny over the coming months. Prove us all wrong Sol, best of luck. Genuinely ...

Oh yes, I have absolutely nothing against him or his new club, I wish him well, I just think I may have been little more conservative (whilst confident and positive) in my introductory remarks.

Paul Ince was on tv yesterday saying that he and Sol Campbell had to start management with a lower league club whereas Gerrard and Lampard started their careers at bigger clubs.......he didn’t actually say that it was racist but his point was quite obviously that it was.

Dion Dublin was on BBC morning news today saying pretty much the same thing and pointed out that out the entire 92 clubs that there are only 22 black managers/coaches and that’s a very poor percentage.

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Oh yes, I have absolutely nothing against him or his new club, I wish him well, I just think I may have been little more conservative (whilst confident and positive) in my introductory remarks.

He absolutely believes he was one of the world's best players though, when Oxford interviewed him but appointed someone else he got all stroppy and said he was one of the top minds in football. He has been genuinely mystified that top clubs haven't been falling over themselves to make him their manager - and has concluded it must be racism because everyone must know his ability is beyond doubt.

Don't forget he also put himself up for London Mayor and was again mystified why no one supported him despite having zero prior involvement in politics or indeed any policies.

He is completely up himself and batshit crazy.

I give it 2 months.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Paul Ince was on tv yesterday saying that he and Sol Campbell had to start management with a lower league club whereas Gerrard and Lampard started their careers at bigger clubs.......he didn’t actually say that it was racist but his point was quite obviously that it was.

Dion Dublin was on BBC morning news today saying pretty much the same thing and pointed out that out the entire 92 clubs that there are only 22 black managers/coaches and that’s a very poor percentage.

I don't care if the manger has green & purple skin with orange eyes, it should be the best person (within budget etc.) available at the time of appointment to be chosen to do the job required. As a society we don't have to have an equal number of black managers as there are white ones, if we play by natures rules it'll be near enough the same ratio of black / white people in that country (with the exception for foreign based managers).

Do any of the politically correct people check to see white people are equally represented in a predominately black society? I doubt it very much.

4 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

I don't care if the manger has green & purple skin with orange eyes, it should be the best person (within budget etc.) available at the time of appointment to be chosen to do the job required. As a society we don't have to have an equal number of black managers as there are white ones, if we play by natures rules it'll be near enough the same ratio of black / white people in that country (with the exception for foreign based managers).

Do any of the politically correct people check to see white people are equally represented in a predominately black society? I doubt it very much.

Exactly, best person for the job in any situation. Don't hear people moaning that sports like basketball has a higher black percentage playing then other races. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I thought it was great he was doing management properly.  Lower league club, learning his trade.

I posted that on the other thread.

And then he comes out with this rubbish.  One of teh best footballers in the world my arse.

Well from wishing him success I now hope it's a complete disaster for the big headed ****.

I hate these pressers, and he's never seemed comfortable in front of the camera. I'll give him time, fair play he's taken the job on and sort of  hope he does well. What a position to be put in , pretty much asked "do you think you should have been given a better job" with all the inferences that comes with the question . I do agree he is a bit of a cock though , and always loved himself. You should hear what my Brother in Law says about him he's a Spurs fan( the Brother in Law not Sol ) .
One thing you know, if he does well it's down to his coaching not his/their chequebook . 

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

He absolutely believes he was one of the world's best players though, when Oxford interviewed him but appointed someone else he got all stroppy and said he was one of the top minds in football. He has been genuinely mystified that top clubs haven't been falling over themselves to make him their manager - and has concluded it must be racism because everyone must know his ability is beyond doubt.

Don't forget he also put himself up for London Mayor and was again mystified why no one supported him despite having zero prior involvement in politics or indeed any policies.

I give it 2 months.

Thing is though, he was one of the top three central defenders in world football for quite a long period. Coached under hoddle at the 98 World Cup he was a colossus defensively and technically, bringing the ball out of defence. After he went to Arsenal, Arsene seemed to coach that out of him focusing more on straight up defending.

My point being, he was one of the worlds best central defenders, so he definitely has the pedigree to back up his confidence, the slight problem being, he’s never been a manager, so that is where people are gonna question his perceived over confidence, waiting for him to fail. Mourinho had an ego the size of a Bristol balloon, but he could back it up.

Wish him all the best. Will be following their results.

Well you can't deny he's not got self-confidence!

"Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

On 27 November 2018 at 21:39, Tinmans Love Child said:

So you are saying black ex players are just not good managers so that’s why they don’t get the jobs?  Seriously??  Absolute nonsense.  The point is they don’t get the opportunities to show if they are the next Nuno, is this not obvious?

On 27 November 2018 at 21:39, Tinmans Love Child said:

So you are saying black ex players are just not good managers so that’s why they don’t get the jobs?  Seriously??  Absolute nonsense.  The point is they don’t get the opportunities to show if they are the next Nuno, is this not obvious?

No, it's anything but obvious unless you believe everything should be based on ratios, therefore by your reckoning 50% of English and Scottish managers should be women, 10% of which should be Scottish,  I suppose the next logical segmentation would be sexual orientation, followed by...

4 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sol Campbell may well come to regret some of these statements if they come back and bite him on the arse....

Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

well done maesknoll red for getting aggrandisation into the thread title!

On 27/11/2018 at 14:09, Eddie Hitler said:

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

You mean Lampard who has a 47.8% win ratio and is currently one place off of the playoffs? It sounds like he's doing OK when compared to say, Lee Johnson who has a 38.5% win ratio... 

Honestly I couldn't care less about how a manager gets a job, so long as he can do a good job. 

I'd say Lee Johnson is more of a coach than a manager and if I'm honest I'd rather be coached by someone like Frank Lampard who played at the highest level of football than someone who's highlight of their career was making friends with the owner of a club who spent most of their time in League One when he was playing for them. 

33 minutes ago, Spike said:

You mean Lampard who has a 47.8% win ratio and is currently one place off of the playoffs? It sounds like he's doing OK when compared to say, Lee Johnson who has a 38.5% win ratio... 

Honestly I couldn't care less about how a manager gets a job, so long as he can do a good job. 

I'd say Lee Johnson is more of a coach than a manager and if I'm honest I'd rather be coached by someone like Frank Lampard who played at the highest level of football than someone who's highlight of their career was making friends with the owner of a club who spent most of their time in League One when he was playing for them. 

Whilst I see playing experience as helpful for coaching and management I don't see it as being anything more than helpful.

The best ex-players turned managers have had either nondescript playing careers (Ferguson, Wenger) or playing careers cut short (Clough).

58 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Whilst I see playing experience as helpful for coaching and management I don't see it as being anything more than helpful.

The best ex-players turned managers have had either nondescript playing careers (Ferguson, Wenger) or playing careers cut short (Clough).

Not always; Zidane, Guardiola,  

12 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

No, it's anything but obvious unless you believe everything should be based on ratios, therefore by your reckoning 50% of English and Scottish managers should be women, 10% of which should be Scottish,  I suppose the next logical segmentation would be sexual orientation, followed by...

That’s not what I’m saying at all, there are no women playing football in the men’s professional league so why would there be any women managers based on ratios?  There are however a high proportion of players who are non white, who are not represented as managers, why is that is the question?  The ‘they are not good enough’ argument falls flat because they are not given the opportunities in the first place, why is that?

12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Zidane, Guardiola, and Mancini pretty decent players to be fair. I don't disagree with you, but I think a big name might also encourage people to sign for you.

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That’s not what I’m saying at all, there are no women playing football in the men’s professional league so why would there be any women managers based on ratios?  There are however a high proportion of players who are non white, who are not represented as managers, why is that is the question?  The ‘they are not good enough’ argument falls flat because they are not given the opportunities in the first place, why is that?

Well, given football is a ruthless meritocracy, where success is measured weekly by results and failure rewarded with wide spread derision and significant financial loss, I can only assume those making important recruitment decisions do so on the basis of who is best qualified to do the job...

21 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

True, but it goes both ways, just because someone is a good player it doesn't mean they'll be a bad manager. 

It's almost a case of players who've had a great playing career at expected to turn down bigger jobs and start lower down just because they're unproven. Any manager /coach who is given a chance at a big opportunity would take it, why should ex-players with a great career be any different? 

On 29/11/2018 at 18:56, CodeRed said:

I give it 2 months.

The only place he's a top mind is during 'ees own bathtime....

Archived