IGNORED

Sol Campbell (Merged)

Super

15 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Well, given football is a ruthless meritocracy, where success is measured weekly by results and failure rewarded with wide spread derision and significant financial loss, I can only assume those making important recruitment decisions do so on the basis of who is best qualified to do the job...

Point missed yet again

I still don't get it and none of the replies on here has helped me solve the mystery.

Sol Campbell Merged the title of this thread states.

He says he was one of the world's greatest players.

So who has Sol Campbell been merged with to become one of the world's greatest players? Rivelino? Tostao? Tommy Lawton?

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:09, Maesknoll Red said:

Sol Campbell may well come to regret some of these statements if they come back and bite him on the arse....

Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46391157

Condensed version: for starters.

Campbells_Chicken_Noodle_Soup.jpg

funny+food+names+cock+soup1227655586.jpg

On 01/12/2018 at 00:23, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, those are two managers who really have had to fight adversity with their managerial jobs.

Imagine only having billions of pounds at your disposal at every single managers job, that must be incredibly tough.

Look at Real Madrid now.

Look at Mourinho at United. 

Having money doesn’t mean you can automatically manage. Incredibly naive. 

Cracking little story in the Times yesterday where they mentioned that Campbell had recently had an interview for the manager's job at an unnamed club. Apparently he couldn't name any of the club's players when asked, and admitted that he'd never seen any their matches. 

There absolutely is a debate to be had about whether potential black and ethnic minority managers are getting a fair deal. However Sol Campbell and Paul Ince are probably not the men to be leading the cause.

9 hours ago, Selred said:

Look at Real Madrid now.

Look at Mourinho at United. 

Having money doesn’t mean you can automatically manage. Incredibly naive. 

Makes it all a vast amount easier though, not that I said having money automatically means you can manage- nice job twisting words there.

Real Madrid now are what, 3 points off top? Only real shock in La Liga is that Alaves are currently top 4.

United, 2nd last season behind another team with unlimited funding. Mourihno now in his 3rd season there, and things consistently break down for him in his 3rd-4th season at a club.

Naïve to think having unlimited cash makes no difference IMO. Wonder how Zidane or Pep would do at Macclesfield...

28 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

He must be going somewhere else surely? They won 3-0 in their opening game and beat Blackpool on penalties in the cup this week. I must say he seemed less than enthusiastic in his interview after the win on Saturday, so maybe something was already going on behind the scenes?

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He must be going somewhere else surely? They won 3-0 in their opening game and beat Blackpool on penalties in the cup this week. I must say he seemed less than enthusiastic in his interview after the win on Saturday, so maybe something was already going on behind the scenes?

The club's collapsing isn't it?

Not his fault but the finance isn't there.  He's very wise to step away in my opinion.

Peter Reid saw out a long period of administration at Plymouth and got little thanks for it; it was highly stressful and irretrievably damaged his management career.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not his fault but the finance isn't there.  He's very wise to step away in my opinion.

Peter Reid saw out a long period of administration at Plymouth and got little thanks for it; it was highly stressful and irretrievably damaged his management career.

there comes a time when you have to call it a day - the stress would be twofold here, the stress of trying to get results and the stress of the uncertainty around the club.  Take a look at Phil Parkinson these days, whilst there is a lot to admire about the way he's stuck at it at Bolton, he appears to have aged considerably recently

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I agree, best to get out and no one could blame him. I think that despite the very vocal opposition to the guy on here, he appears to have done a very good job for them. They looked relegated in November and survived and they have started this season strongly.  Someone must be considering him in future.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is it with greater Manchester and clubs going to the wall? Bury, Bolton and now Macclesfield.

The rise of man City? Now there's 2 massive clubs younger fans are going to support either one of those instead of the others. Guess gates are down so less money coming in and sponsorship 

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is it with greater Manchester and clubs going to the wall? Bury, Bolton and now Macclesfield.

We sometimes bemoan the fact that the South West isn’t a strong football area. But in some senses it is an advantage. Any small club in the North West is in the shadow of at least four huge clubs and loads of slightly smaller ones, all trying to attract support. Even the population of Macclesfield probably don’t pay that much attention to Macclesfield football club. Just as I largely ignore Taunton Town to drive miles to Ashton Gate.

• Admin

Sol Campbell had to restart a post-match interview after mistakenly saying he manages Southampton instead of Southend.

The former Arsenal and England defender has been in charge at Roots Hall since October 2019, but has failed to pull them away from the League One relegation zone.

Campbell was speaking after watching his side lose 4-0 to second-placed Peterborough on Tuesday night, and appeared to get in a jumble over which club he manages.

Campbell said: "I think I have got to say the young lads who - quite a lot of them played their first game for Southampton. They played really well and stuck to their tasks."

The reporter then cut in suggesting they start the interview again: "Can I stop you? Do you want to do that again? Because your team is Southend."

Campbell said: "Oh did I say Southampton?"

The Shrimpers have won just twice in the League since Campbell's appointment and are 13 points from safety.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/soccer/sol-campbell-mistakenly-says-he-manages-southampton-in-post-match-interview/ar-BBZYbTn

Archived