Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

Sol Campbell (Merged)

28 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

He must be going somewhere else surely? They won 3-0 in their opening game and beat Blackpool on penalties in the cup this week. I must say he seemed less than enthusiastic in his interview after the win on Saturday, so maybe something was already going on behind the scenes?

He's said all the right things in the press and attracted some decent players. The fundamental problem is there's no money for anything. Literally. Local rumour has it that he's been funded by the PFA up to now. Maybe that's come to an end?

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He must be going somewhere else surely? They won 3-0 in their opening game and beat Blackpool on penalties in the cup this week. I must say he seemed less than enthusiastic in his interview after the win on Saturday, so maybe something was already going on behind the scenes?

The club's collapsing isn't it?

Not his fault but the finance isn't there.  He's very wise to step away in my opinion.

Peter Reid saw out a long period of administration at Plymouth and got little thanks for it; it was highly stressful and irretrievably damaged his management career.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not his fault but the finance isn't there.  He's very wise to step away in my opinion.

Peter Reid saw out a long period of administration at Plymouth and got little thanks for it; it was highly stressful and irretrievably damaged his management career.

there comes a time when you have to call it a day - the stress would be twofold here, the stress of trying to get results and the stress of the uncertainty around the club.  Take a look at Phil Parkinson these days, whilst there is a lot to admire about the way he's stuck at it at Bolton, he appears to have aged considerably recently

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I agree, best to get out and no one could blame him. I think that despite the very vocal opposition to the guy on here, he appears to have done a very good job for them. They looked relegated in November and survived and they have started this season strongly.  Someone must be considering him in future.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is it with greater Manchester and clubs going to the wall? Bury, Bolton and now Macclesfield.

The rise of man City? Now there's 2 massive clubs younger fans are going to support either one of those instead of the others. Guess gates are down so less money coming in and sponsorship 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is it with greater Manchester and clubs going to the wall? Bury, Bolton and now Macclesfield.

We sometimes bemoan the fact that the South West isn’t a strong football area. But in some senses it is an advantage. Any small club in the North West is in the shadow of at least four huge clubs and loads of slightly smaller ones, all trying to attract support. Even the population of Macclesfield probably don’t pay that much attention to Macclesfield football club. Just as I largely ignore Taunton Town to drive miles to Ashton Gate.

• Like 1

He's done very well at Macclesfield, I hope he gets a new job soon.

Lots of talk about how he hasn't been paid for at least 4-5 months so you can understand him leaving. 

Sol Campbell had to restart a post-match interview after mistakenly saying he manages Southampton instead of Southend.

The former Arsenal and England defender has been in charge at Roots Hall since October 2019, but has failed to pull them away from the League One relegation zone.

Campbell was speaking after watching his side lose 4-0 to second-placed Peterborough on Tuesday night, and appeared to get in a jumble over which club he manages.

Campbell said: "I think I have got to say the young lads who - quite a lot of them played their first game for Southampton. They played really well and stuck to their tasks."

The reporter then cut in suggesting they start the interview again: "Can I stop you? Do you want to do that again? Because your team is Southend."

Campbell said: "Oh did I say Southampton?"

The Shrimpers have won just twice in the League since Campbell's appointment and are 13 points from safety.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/soccer/sol-campbell-mistakenly-says-he-manages-southampton-in-post-match-interview/ar-BBZYbTn

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Wanted to be a Tory MP, says it all really

That's interesting, given he bangs on about equality so much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s so self important that I’m surprised he didn’t say Solthend. 

Still love the Notts County banner - “We had Sol but he’s not a soldier...” - superb! And the song that’s lifted from is a real banger! My band used to play that one ...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Still love the Notts County banner - “We had Sol but he’s not a soldier...” - superb! And the song that’s lifted from is a real banger! My band used to play that one ...

Are you going to see them at AG?

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not as good as Bill Bailey,'s version.