IGNORED

aggregate attendances dropped by 22 thousand on Tuesday night(RED BUTTON?)

Never to the dark side

Although I think the red button is a great option, although it will NEVER beat being at a match Live.

Five Championship games last night showed a total decrease in attendances of 22,000

With the corresponding fixture/s last season.

Not keen on the match day pass price being increased  to make fans attend

My options are a maximum amount for match day tickets

and from a very selfish Bristol City fan point of view

midweek games for Bristol City Swansea and Middlesbrough 

should be no more than 130 miles distance

I will be watching via subscription on the app tonight, but I think the Red button is going to do a lot of damage. 

Even lower league teams, where the tv choice is increased. I can’t see any way that it is a good thing for the well-being of football clubs, to encourage people not to bother going to matches. 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I will be watching via subscription on the app tonight, but I think the Red button is going to do a lot of damage. 

Even lower league teams, where the tv choice is increased. I can’t see any way that it is a good thing for the well-being of football clubs, to encourage people not to bother going to matches. 

It will for away trips. I doubt many City fans would rather watch at home rather than go to Ashton gate.

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

I would not be at all surprised if the "red button" games get canned for next season.

A lot of clubs are going to be unhappy about the knock on effect to attendances.

If more people are subscribing to SKY then it won't.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

It will for away trips. I doubt many City fans would rather watch at home rather than go to Ashton gate.

I’ve seen many posts on here already from people claiming that they aren’t going to bother going on Sunday, with it on TV. Most claim to be season ticket holders! So if they aren’t bothering, then you can’t imagine too many without tickets will be tempted with the hassle & cost, when there’s such an easy alternative. 

34 minutes ago, Super said:

I would be interested in seeing the numbers, I noticed for the Hull game that we had a lot of empty seats in the SS.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

if it's a Tuesday evening, it's cold it's wet, the classic Bristol traffic is a nightmare, season ticket or not how easy is it now to just watch it on the Red Button...the amount of games now on Sky it's easy for fans to skip games not miss out and do wonder if it will longer term effect season ticket sales as well.

And all of that is before you even take into consideration the current form.

The "announced attendance" figures v the actual attendance figures were VERY interesting reading from last season, be even more interested to see how many people are staying away this season following the introduction of the red button.

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Although I think the red button is a great option, although it will NEVER beat being at a match Live.

Five Championship games last night showed a total decrease in attendances of 22,000

Not keen on the match day pass price being increased  to make fans attend

My options are a maximum amount for match day tickets

and from a very selfish Bristol City fan point of view

midweek games for Bristol City Swansea and Middlesbrough 

should be no more than 130 miles distance

Can I just clarify what you mean? Were the 5 Championship games all midweek fixtures last season? Are you comparing like with like is what I'm getting at, though I don't doubt the red button will have a negative impact on attendances.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Correct bud - it definitely affects attendances and in turn, the takings a club make on the day from food, drink and merchandise sales.

Take Sunday for example - a fixture at 1PM against Milwall. A horrible KO time, a daft day to have footy, people spend time with families/kids, weather set to be diabolical, City are playing dross at the moment. A lot of people are going to wake up, take one look out the window and think, nah, watch this one at home on the sofa. 

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

Can I just clarify what you mean? Were the 5 Championship games all midweek fixtures last season? Are you comparing like with like is what I'm getting at, though I don't doubt the red button will have a negative impact on attendances.

I've just checked. Leeds v Reading was 6,000 down on last season, but last season's game was a Saturday 3pm KO and Leeds attendances are nearly always higher for a Saturday game than a midweek one.  

• Admin

I genuinely don't know the answer to this question, but are clubs being financially supported since the introduction of the "red button"?

If they were I would guess that they are not worried as they are getting sufficient ££ whether or not people are in the grounds

41 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Verloc!

Are you going to Ipswich?

If you are, I'll bring the data along with me.

Failing that,we can meet up next Sunday at Ashton gate 

No, I'm a Leeds supporter, but genuinely concerned about the impact of this red button coverage on midweek attendances. Great for the armchair supporter, but...….

2 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Okay,

I'll just have till 9th March next year then.

Happy to read whatever you have, because I think all football fans, whoever they support, have an interest in this. The PL clubs certainly keep too much of the TV money in my opinion and don't get me started on parachute payments??

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve seen many posts on here already from people claiming that they aren’t going to bother going on Sunday, with it on TV. Most claim to be season ticket holders! So if they aren’t bothering, then you can’t imagine too many without tickets will be tempted with the hassle & cost, when there’s such an easy alternative. 

Only been once myself all season , as you say far easier to sit at home and watch on TV particularly over the next few months with the cold weather. I May go back when it gets warmer but with the parking issues i may not.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

pretty sure Sundays match is not on red button, that is unless sky announce it at the last minute, don't know why everyone seems to think it will be on, at the moment it is not scheduled to be shown.

Just now, pillred said:

pretty sure Sundays match is not on red button, that is unless sky announce it at the last minute, don't know why everyone seems to think it will be on, at the moment it is not scheduled to be shown.

I’m pretty sure it’s every game that’s not Daturday at 3pm. 

12 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Unless the figures from both games are both evening KO's it's hard to make a proper comparison . 
It's bound to make a difference though. If you have no options you go to the game, if you or your mates have Sky why would you pay £30+ for a ticket when you can watch for free.

On 28/11/2018 at 09:39, Verloc said:

My thoughts too. Last season City were away to Ipswich on a September Saturday afternoon. This season a cold, wet Wednesday night which will have reduced the number of travelling fans. With Ipswich's current form, home fans will also be lower in numbers.

Archived