IGNORED

Did not realise it was this bad !

coxyboy

18 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Since January 2018

P39.  W9.   D12.   L18

Where would any other manager keep his job ?

This bloke is not going anywhere but somebody needs to be accountable!!!

Because the figures you are choosing to select are split over 2 seasons, not one. 

6 of those wins (of which there are 10, not 9) have been this season. Which is why we were sat quite comfortably prior to this bad run. 

If you went back over the whole of last season, rather than the half you’ve picked, then there would be far more in the “win” column. 

This being the first time we’ve outside the top half of the table in 18 months, is probably why we’ve not sacked our manager. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because the figures you are choosing to select are split over 2 seasons, not one. 

6 of those wins (of which there are 10, not 9) have been this season. Which is why we were sat quite comfortably prior to this bad run. 

If you went back over the whole of last season, rather than the half you’ve picked, then there would be far more in the “win” column. 

This being the first time we’ve outside the top half of the table in 18 months, is probably why we’ve not sacked our manager. 

Stop making sense BS3!........

You know that the anti LJ brigade use any excuse to paint a bleak picture............:disapointed2se:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You know that the anti LJ brigade use any excuse to paint a bleak picture............:disapointed2se:

And similarly the "LJ in" will paint a good picture, it's ironic on both sides really. People can take what they want from the facts, there's plenty of them for both sides of the argument 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

‘‘Tis true. 

Soon they might realise that they don’t need to quote distorted facts that are easily countered. They could just stick to the points of genuine concern and focus on relevant points to back their arguements. 

Hopefully by Sunday evening, the ship will have steadied, again, and we can stay around mid table, or better. 

Lose the next 2 and it’s untenable, imo. 

45 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I did, it’s been mentioned on just about every thread since the weekend...

The stats quoted have been wrong on just about every one of those threads too. 

People don’t seem to work things out for themselves and just copy & paste what they see. 

Ok, they aren’t significantly different, but different they most certainly are..! 

56 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Since January 2018

P39.  W9.   D12.   L18

If you do it from the start of the 2017/18 season up until today then it looks like this.

P64. W23. D20. L21.

It's not a great return, but the overall record of LJ it is not as horrific as your stats look.

I think he is on thin ice though, he needs to put some results together soon.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

‘‘Tis true. 

Soon they might realise that they don’t need to quote distorted facts that are easily countered. They could just stick to the points of genuine concern and focus on relevant points to back their arguements. 

Hopefully by Sunday evening, the ship will have steadied, again, and we can stay around mid table, or better. 

Lose the next 2 and it’s untenable, imo. 

Curious about this, but if you're willing to turn your head away from "LJ out" facts (which some are silly I agree) then how could losing the next 2 change that all for you? 

I get the vibe "LJ in" look at the big picture and see a blip in form but then say something short visioned like this.

Not trying to be a dick, just curious what your thoughts are. 

54 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Since January 2018

P39.  W9.   D12.   L18

Let me fix that for you. Y2Y rather than selecting a bad period.  

P48 W15 D13 L19

Now if we were Derby I would expect to have seen him gone, but we're not.  We're Bristol City and have a very different business model, Derby pay well and invest heavily and rightly or wrongly have a high managerial turn over. We conversely invest moderate amounts and sell our best players.  If you want a different outcome you change the business model not the manager alone or both.  Just sacking the manager because a team of broadly unproven championship players are inconsistent, still leavea you with a group of players are will be inconsistent.  

3 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

P48 W15 D13 L19

Now if we were Derby I would expect to have seen him gone, but we're not.  We're Bristol City and have a very different business model, Derby pay well and invest heavily and rightly or wrongly have a high managerial turn over. We conversely invest moderate amounts and sell our best players.  If you want a different outcome you change the business model not the manager alone or both.  Just sacking the manager because a team of broadly unproven championship players are inconsistent, still leavea you with a group of players are will be inconsistent.  

Why do you think these players are inconsistent? 

Daft argument. What club owner will use calendar year form as a measure? You’ve just picked that time to start the ‘form’ from because it doesn’t suit your argument to include the months of excellent form that preceded it.

Once SL made the decision that he was staying after the end of last season (hardly surprising given it was our best league placing in nearly a decade) his performance will be appraised on what happens this season. 

So far it’s been a mixed bag, but after Saturday we were 14th, not 24th. 

Another few bad results and he will have a decision to make, but it’ll be based on this season not an arbitrary period of form tailored to suit a particular side of the fence. 

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Curious about this, but if you're willing to turn your head away from "LJ out" facts (which some are silly I agree) then how could losing the next 2 change that all for you? 

I get the vibe "LJ in" look at the big picture and see a blip in form but then say something short visioned like this.

Not trying to be a dick, just curious what your thoughts are. 

It’s fair question. 

It would leave us looking back at 6 straight defeats, again. Having blown 2 of the “easier” games available in a division like this, with a tough run of games ahead. 

I said at the start of the season that this term needed to be about stopping the extreme runs of results. 

I’ve had faith that LJ would sort things out on all previous occasions, but I think losing the next 2 would leave us in a position of having gone backwards and I believe would constitute a change being best for all concerned. 

Having said that, I’m hopeful that we will get back on track this week. 

1 hour ago, coxyboy said:

Do you mean LJ out? Need to improve your grammar my friend...also don’t recall anywhere saying I wanted him out so now your second guessing 

It was a typo considering the R is next to the T on a keyboard. Sure you are happy with LJ ? Why would you put up this stat otherwise, you could have put up played 7 point 14, as it was at the start of the season.

We could just as easily replicate that form, it's a game not a given. 

2 hours ago, coxyboy said:

Do you mean LJ out? Need to improve your grammar my friend...also don’t recall anywhere saying I wanted him out so now your second guessing 

Need to type carefully when you join the grammar police my friend! 

Although, strictly speaking, it was a spelling mistake, not a grammatical error.

:) 

2 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

P48 W15 D13 L19

“Broadly unproven championship players” ? 

3 hours ago, coxyboy said:

Picking someone up on grammatical errors but forgetting a full stop at the end of the sentence. Imagine that. 

Archived