IGNORED

Question for JulieH

AshtonPark

@JulieH

I was looking at some photos from yesterday’s game and saw the picture of the game at old Trafford where the away teams had a pyro display prior to the game.

What are police tactics with this when it with fans from abroad? Do the police try to arrest these fans, or do they “let it go as it’s easier for everyone”?

In just wondering what the police do as its fans from abroad. 

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Considering LJ promised we would be in the Europa League this is quite a pressing matter.

5 years he said , didn't he? So that means we will be getting promotion this season and finishing top 8 in the PL the season after....can't wait - exciting times eh? Or possibly he 's expecting to win the FA cup this season and qualify sooner.

I' m worried now though that after Brexit I might not get a visa to travel to the away legs.......... You'd think LJ would have anticipated that and ensured we qualifed earlier 

• Admin
37 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

5 years he said , didn't he? So that means we will be getting promotion this season and finishing top 8 in the PL the season after....can't wait - exciting times eh? Or possibly he 's expecting to win the FA cup this season and qualify sooner.

I' m worried now though that after Brexit I might not get a visa to travel to the away legs.......... You'd think LJ would have anticipated that and ensured we qualifed earlier 

To be fair to LJ, he didn't say we'd be in Europe in 5 years time, he said we should be aiming for Europe in 5 years time - cunning difference

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH

I was looking at some photos from yesterday’s game and saw the picture of the game at old Trafford where the away teams had a pyro display prior to the game.

What are police tactics with this when it with fans from abroad? Do the police try to arrest these fans, or do they “let it go as it’s easier for everyone”?

Leave it. Too hard and too much money for not a great deal of outcome. Not proportionate. 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

To be fair to LJ, he didn't say we'd be in Europe in 5 years time, he said we should be aiming for Europe in 5 years time - cunning difference

Good point. It’s like when I was a lot younger. I was always aiming for stunning babes, what what I ended up with was usually somewhat different 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Good point. It’s like when I was a lot younger. I was always aiming for stunning babes, what what I ended up with was usually somewhat different 

They spoke very highly of you though.        

?

What's the aim now?

Slippers, nice drink and a browse through OTIB?

Works for me.

7 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH

There can be some educational work done beforehand with fans from abroad but as can be seen it doesn’t always work !

they are still liable to the same arrest procedures/ charging as uk based fans but I suspect on this occasion that a decision was made to not prosecute. 

However uefa will probably heavily fine them as stated by others. 

When ajax played here in a friendly there were 3 dutch fans arrested , 2 for smoke grenades and on that occasion they were charged and convicted in court  the Monday after the game . They also had banning orders as they were at the time frequently in uk for European games. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

But why? If they are identified surely they should be prosecuted.

They might not be identified at the time , post match they could be and then I am not sure it will be in the public interest to prosecute an European fan who has returned to their country.

often the footage is sent to the European police spotter for that team and  the club involved can then deal with them if that is their individual policy, along with their own foitball officer .

Archived