IGNORED

Red button alternative (Merged)

Spoonbed

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes. £10 through BCTV. See this link https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/watch-city-v-ipswich-town-live-online-in-the-uk/

Or likely for almost 100% less than £10 through certain other services.

For someone who prefers not to shell out £10 if possible, I have to say I have found the Red Button games to be impossible to find through "other routes". As I am in the Leeds area tonight, I would appreciate it if someone does have an alternative though. Before I get a tirade of abuse, the only reason I would like to do this is so I can watch it on full size tv rather than on my laptop.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

Having cancelled Sky( due to cost and generally fed up with lining pockets etc etc), will there be a steam available for tonight’s “entertainment “ ?

I wondered about the same thing, but I guess the number of Champions League games tonight may affect how many channels are available to broadcast

Before the red button our games always seemed to be on a channel somewhere

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For someone who prefers not to shell out £10 if possible, I have to say I have found the Red Button games to be impossible to find through "other routes". As I am in the Leeds area tonight, I would appreciate it if someone does have an alternative though. Before I get a tirade of abuse, the only reason I would like to do this is so I can watch it on full size tv rather than on my laptop.

Makes two of us! 

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to say I have found the Red Button games to be impossible to find through "other routes".

My suspicion was that "other routes" might be available because this is being shown on BCTV and not only on Sky Red Button. When I have previously utilised certain "other routes" the source has normally been a club's proprietary streaming service. Certainly this was true for Swansea and Leeds away.  Watching those through "other routes" it was plain that they were re-distributing STV and LUTV streams.

Personally I am happy to pay £10 to BCTV as it is money into BCFC's pocket and is still a fraction of the £100 or so it would cost me to get to Portman Road tonight, and is a fraction of the £38 I've paid the club for my Boxing Day ticket at AG.

2 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Just get smart iptv app on your smart tv and a subscription off eBay that covers iFollow (efl)and you're sorted plus you will get loads of other content as well. Cost you about £20-30 for a year.

There is only one person actually supplying all IPTV providers with I follow, it is screen grabs and not massively stable. Your provider doesn’t have any control over this either than just reporting it if there are issues. 

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You can watch the game on your tv, by connecting it to your laptop. That’s what I’ve done for ever game that I’ve subscribed to via the app this season. 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Makes two of us! 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Another based in Leeds , I believe  sky go will all you to watch the game 

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You can watch the game on your tv, by connecting it to your laptop. That’s what I’ve done for ever game that I’ve subscribed to via the app this season. 

Yes I know, however hotel TV's are notoriously cranky and my laptop is fickle at best when it comes to mirroring. I do have a RGB to HDMI cable with me, but I might try borrowing the RGB cable that is on the table where I am working today. :) 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Are you in a hotel? I was staying in the park plaza in Leeds for work when we played qpr. I shelled out a tenner to watch it but my work college, who is a bolton fan went downstairs to the bar and asked them to put their game on for him. As the bar was quiet they obliged.

Might be worth a try?

Just now, cider-manc said:

Are you in a hotel? I was staying in the park plaza in Leeds for work when we played qpr. I shelled out a tenner to watch it but my work college, who is a bolton fan went downstairs to the bar and asked them to put their on for him. As the bar was quiet they obliged.

Might be worth a try?

I am in the Holiday Inn out at Garforth, it seems quite busy though and I think they will probably be showing the Spurs or Liverpool games (which I would probably like to watch too in all honesty!), so I will stick with the hotel room. Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A google Chromecast is simple once setup, just click "cast" on the laptop/pc and job done 

Archived