IGNORED

If losing to Ipswich and Millwall meant.....

Top Robin

......Lee would definitely be replaced, who would want us to lose those games? Tough one I know but sometimes youve got to take some short term knocks to give rise to the future wellbeing and success of the club.  There will be die hards out there who would never entertain the thought of wanting City to lose but there may also be a few pragmatists who can see the bigger picture and realise that if losing those games brings in a better long term manager then it may be best for all concerned.

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

......Lee would definitely be replaced, who would want us to lose those games? Tough one I know but sometimes youve got to take some short term knocks to give rise to the future wellbeing and success of the club.  There will be die hards out there who would never entertain the thought of wanting City to lose but there may also be a few pragmatists who can see the bigger picture and realise that if losing those games brings in a better long term manager then it may be best for all concerned.

Exactly the type of ridiculous garbage that is dragging this forum down.

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Really? 

I never want us to lose a game ever, not because I’m a die hard.

But if we win the next two games (achievable) we could be back in the top 10 and back ‘on par’ and a chance to push on again.

Lose two and LJ will be making the decision for SL.

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

No **** Off

17 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

What an idiotic question.............jeez............:disapointed2se:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What an idiotic question.............jeez............:disapointed2se:

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Stupid Question....

Maybe, for many of us, however there will be some who harbour the thought of losing to force SL to act. Its just the way it is.

I always want us to win and will be watching and hoping later. If LJ is to turn this around tonight needs to be the starting point for all of our sanity!

It's not a stupid question. In fact it is very relevant at this time.

Firstly, I never want City to lose a match. In fact, I don't like losing at anything from a race against my dog, general elections, an argument with my wife to the football and rugby teams I follow.

I learnt very early in life that for every win, there is a non win situation. If we all believed that LJ will soon turn the corner and produce a team that performs more consistently than his current record, I would be content but disappointed with a defeat this evening.

However, with the experience of seeing his teams implode for the last three seasons, and realizing that it will take something earth shattering for SL to dismiss him, it might be better in the long run if it happened sooner rather than later. 

Having said that, I do not believe it will happen if we lose the next two. Much more likely, when we sink into the bottom three.

But as above, I do not ever want us to lose, so it's a bit Hobson's choice tonight, isn't it!

This is exactly the sort of stuff that I referenced in my thread yesterday about wanting LJ to succeed; that there are people who would entertain the thought of City losing just as a means for LJ to be replaced.  Bottom Robin, even though you've not directly said it, clearly this is also your mindset.

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It's not a stupid question. In fact it is very relevant at this time.

Firstly, I never want City to lose a match. In fact, I don't like losing at anything from a race against my dog, general elections, an argument with my wife to the football and rugby teams I follow.

I learnt very early in life that for every win, there is a non win situation. If we all believed that LJ will soon turn the corner and produce a team that performs more consistently than his current record, I would be content but disappointed with a defeat this evening.

However, with the experience of seeing his teams implode for the last three seasons, and realizing that it will take something earth shattering for SL to dismiss him, it might be better in the long run if it happened sooner rather than later. 

Having said that, I do not believe it will happen if we lose the next two. Much more likely, when we sink into the bottom three.

But as above, I do not ever want us to lose, so it's a bit Hobson's choice tonight, isn't it!

We could do with more if your sort running the club . 

55 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

FFS! This gets more and more ridiculous!!

Replacing your manager is the action when you are not getting the required results. You don’t plan on getting the wrong results in order to replace your manager..!

I can’t imagine a situation where I would ever want City to lose. Even in the scenario mentioned in the OP there’s no guarantee that LJ would be replaced with a manager who would be more successful. Looking at the 3 games to come after Sunday we need something from tonight and Millwall.

I don’t hate LJ as a manager, I’d be chuffed for him and us if he brought us success I’m just not sure he’s the right man to do it. I’d love it if he now goes on to prove me wrong.

I find it really funny that people that ask this sort of question automatically think we’ll be better off if we sack Johnson, as if it’s a given that someone new will come in and do a considerably better job  

Based on our track record, I’d say at best it’s 50/50 that his replacement would deliver any improvement. 

In short, no. Ridiculous question tbh. I want six points. 

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I can’t imagine a situation where I would ever want City to lose. Even in the scenario mentioned in the OP there’s no guarantee that LJ would be replaced with a manager who would be more successful. Looking at the 3 games to come after Sunday we need something from tonight and Millwall.

I don’t hate LJ as a manager, I’d be chuffed for him and us if he brought us success I’m just not sure he’s the right man to do it. I’d love it if he now goes on to prove me wrong.

So would I but from his CV, playing experience, minimal experience of other managers than his father, and managerial performance record, I don't see him ever getting consistent performances from his teams.

Time to move on.

No. 

2 comparatively easy games and we need these points in the bag.

It won't effect LJ's future that much - if he follows these 2 games with another horrendous winless run he'll surely be on his way anyway, but if he goes the 4-6 points we should get from these games will help his successor fight off relegation.

He didn't get the bullet after 8 consecutive defeats so if we did lose the next two its only (only mind ffs!) 6, what would it take, 10 ? nahhh it feels like he is here forever no matter what, if we go down it will probably be spun that he is the ideal bloke to bring us back up and the nightmare continues. 

Don't want City to lose, so no.

That said I remember listening to the radio for that match at Swansea when we lost 7-1, Tinman stayed in his dugout and went soon afterwards. Even as the goals went in part of me was thinking 'at least we'll be moving on after this'. Of course a corner was turned after that, even if it was a sad sight and a tragedy for Tinman.

We aren't in that position now - in terms of crowds, finance, history we're about where we should be so don't think SL will over react, whatever happens this week.

5 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

What if city win the next two games, kick on and get in the playoffs come May? Sounds better to me!

That would be fantastic.

It is hard to see that scenario evolving right now but in football, as we all know, it could just happen.

I think if we get the win tonight we will all feel a bit more optimistic.

I don't think I will come on here however if we lose 3 or 4............................

Archived