IGNORED

Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Precisely. To me they started well, then when they didn't score immediately they just reverted to long balls, ceded possession, inevitably conceded, and are now all flat out of ideas.

If you start intensely then don't just give it up after 5 minutes. 

There’s so much talk about the importance of our ‘identity’, but I can’t remember a city team that seemed so lacking in one.

Every game we seem to come out for the  first 5-10 mins looking like we have a plan and are up for it, but then like clockwork we start to lose our way and look like a bunch of headless chickens for the rest of the match. 

Didnt LJ say he thinks he would ‘walk the league’ with a top 6 budget? Well if he can’t get a team performing to a mid table level with a mid table budget, I have some severe doubts about that. 

2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just couriered this to Away Head Coach. Portman Road. Delivery assured about 9.30 ish

shopping.png

it was the fans fault this time, get behind us on Sunday please

First five minutes of that half was what I saw of City last season, the rest however is what I’ve seen for 9 months.

We look completely out of ideas, no sense of direction or creativity. 

The only positive from that was Liam Walsh. I thought he was excellent.

Do you think any of our players are scared of Johnson? The great coaches and managers that I can think of all have that certain characteristic where you know that if they wanted to they could scream you down and make you feel ten years old again.

Even Klopp, all smiles and laughs, but there's a twinkle in his eye thay says he'll take you apart if you try it on. I just can't see Johnson doing that to players. He cants shock them into trying hard 

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

This time last year we were heading for Man U in the QF of a major cup competition and then on to Man C in the SF, heading for 2nd in the championship, gaining nationwide admiration, what the F has gone wrong ?

I literally said the exact same thing to the mrs like 2 minutes ago. I can’t believe how bad we have become

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Well I'm not surprised by this. Pack and Walsh in midfield is a diabolical partnership. Pack can just about cope in a 2 with Korey who is brilliant at the defensive side of the game. Yet LJ thinks Walsh can do the job. Walsh was good on the ball in attacking areas, but we need an extra body in that midfield. I've been saying it since last season we need to play 3 in the middle. Then our wide men can push higher up the pitch. Eliasson is our main threat, yet he's not got the freedom he needs.

Fancy a job??

Just now, weepywall said:

This time last year we were heading for Man U in the QF of a major cup competition and then on to Man C in the SF, heading for 2nd in the championship, gaining nationwide admiration, what the F has gone wrong ?

we sold our best players and more and then tried to replace them with cheap imports; LJ had 2 windows since those games too improve on what we had then......he`s failed and is on a knife edge now

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Do you think any of our players are scared of Johnson? The great coaches and managers that I can think of all have that certain characteristic where you know that if they wanted to they could scream you down and make you feel ten years old again.

Even Klopp, all smiles and laughs, but there's a twinkle in his eye thay says he'll take you apart if you try it on. I just can't see Johnson doing that to players. He cants shock them into trying hard 

Scared of LJ yer aving a giraffe, this is a bloke who as player bottled 60/40 tackles (60/40 in his favour) as a matter of course.

Archived