IGNORED

Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Having LJ as Head Coach is just like Brexit...a good idea, in theory, that we desperately hope works out - in our heart of hearts we know it's unlikely ever to succeed, whilst precious resources continue to be squandered - and yet the most frustrating element is the endless inane chat about it. 

Which you have just added to, and by the way the only reason Brexit might not succeed is because the EU don't want it to.

41 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about a massive respect to all those who trudged out to a pub expecting it to be on that red button crap only to be let down again. 3 mile round trip for nothing

my landlord said no more red button games at pubs, thought he was b*********g maybe he was right, can anyone confirm?

Well that was horse shit.    Seriously, if that was an advert for the second league of English Football then I've lost all hope of rationality.     Not making excuses is something of a cliché but you've got to lie the finger of blame somewhere and Bialkowski is suspect number one tonight, along with a number of his "team" mates.   I can't believe we're actually heading for League One and we're only in November.    This was a once proud club that did something unique and memorable in the not too distant past, but by today's standards it's a mess.  

No offence but you've been poor recently along with ourselves.   Many fans thought - along with myself - Bristol City represented a very good opportunity for a much needed three points in the battle to escape the bottom position.     Lo and behold we perform worse than yourselves and screw up another chance to take points from something.    I'm both dismayed and frustrated with our situation.   Not only tonight, but going back some 10 years now.

Must have been a strange evening for those (of yours) that came over our way.    At certain points of the game you would have had your Johnsons out, next minute bouncing up and down and in something of a frenzy.    There's no sense is saying 'well done' as it's of no benefit to anyone within our own club set-up, furthermore it was another inexcusable showing from too many of our players amid a contest that for neutrals at least, was something of a non-event.    

8 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Not in the pubs it isnt

That's because at the deal done by the EFL the other week clubs removed red button services from the commercial Sky supply. So if you watch in a dodgy boozer where they don't pay full whack you can see it, via a paid for supply you can't. 

9 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about a massive respect to all those who trudged out to a pub expecting it to be on that red button crap only to be let down again. 3 mile round trip for nothing

Through the desert...?

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Well that was horse shit.    Seriously, if that was an advert for the second league of English Football then I've lost all hope of rationality.     Not making excuses is something of a cliché but you've got to lie the finger of blame somewhere and Bialkowski is suspect number one tonight, along with a number of his "team" mates.   I can't believe we're actually heading for League One and we're only in November.    This was a once proud club that did something unique and memorable in the not too distant past, but by today's standards it's a mess.  

No offence but you've been poor recently along with ourselves.   Many fans thought - along with myself - Bristol City represented a very good opportunity for a much needed three points in the battle to escape the bottom position.     Lo and behold we perform worse than yourselves and screw up another chance to take points from something.    I'm both dismayed and frustrated with our situation.   Not only tonight, but going back some 10 years now.

Must have been a strange evening for those (of yours) that came over our way.    At certain points of the game you would have had your Johnsons out, next minute bouncing up and down and in something of a frenzy.    There's no sense is saying 'well done' as it's of no benefit to anyone within our own club set-up, furthermore it was another inexcusable showing from too many of our players amid a contest that for neutrals at least, was something of a non-event.    

See you in League 1 next season.

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Some Facts:

We've won more games than 12 other teams
We've won the same number of games as Forest (6th), Villa (8th) and Swansea (11th)
There are 11 teams with an inferior goal difference to us.
18 teams have conceded the same or more goals than us.
10 teams have scored the same or less goals than us.
We are 8 points off the play-offs
We are 8 points above the relegation zone.
We are halfway to the 50 point safety total.
We've won 6 more games than Ipswich.
We've won 3 more games than Bolton, Hull, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham.

The facts suggest that it's not all doom and gloom. 10 teams would love to be in our position right now.

Putting it

like that 

" Johnson back in again "

:protest:

A well deserved win last night , mostly for the travelling Red Army.

The team stood up to be counted and that is a huge positive.

Is LJ the man to take us forward ? Time will tell but the fact that there are still big questions being asked signifies that there is an enormous amount of work to be done.

Let's enjoy the win and hope to get another v Millwall.

Life is hard as a City supporter but compared to the Gas we're rolling in the clover .

8 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Proof , if required, that we are not alone in our suffering.

Would any of you swap places with Ipswich ? 

The poor Tractor Boys are regressing on and off the pitch despite a change of manager.

Hard luck Mr Blue . 

8 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I remember George Burley getting your boys to Europe. Been on a downward trend since then which Mick did wonders to stave off. If you do go down; take some solace that being a big fish allows you to attract some decent players for l1; and you will likely be at the right end of the division winning games. Might take a few years but you will come back.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Putting it

like that 

" Johnson back in again "

:protest:

A well deserved win last night , mostly for the travelling Red Army.

The team stood up to be counted and that is a huge positive.

Is LJ the man to take us forward ? Time will tell but the fact that there are still big questions being asked signifies that there is an enormous amount of work to be done.

Let's enjoy the win and hope to get another v Millwall.

Life is hard as a City supporter but compared to the Gas we're rolling in the clover .

It's actually better than than. We are just 6 points off a play-off place ?

12 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Well that was horse shit. 

As you'll have seen from the comments throughout the thread you won't find many hereabouts who'll disagree.

Personal favourite was when your guy deftly curled the corner into the stanchion holding up the back of the net. Ballboy retrieved, handed to our keeper who promptly kicked it to row z on the halfway line.

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

As you'll have seen from the comments throughout the thread you won't find many hereabouts who'll disagree.

Personal favourite was when your guy deftly curled the corner into the stanchion holding up the back of the net. Ballboy retrieved, handed to our keeper who promptly kicked it to row z on the halfway line.

That was embarrassingly funny though .

Both sides devoid of confidence, both have play way better this season and still lost, we have limited options because of injuries all over the pitch, hopefully this result will help us going forward. I have never been an LJ fan, would rather the wasn't the manager, but I think the team need a bit more support than some of the bile on this thread. We dominated Stoke and got nothing from it, last night we didn't play well and won, I know which one I would prefer.

12 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Yes we are average at best and as our league position suggests but my god Ipswich were poor as was the support

Archived