IGNORED

Well done Lee

City 62

Glad we've won (never want us to lose even if it means he may be closer to the boot), but that was an absolutely dire game, played by two teams who at times didnt look like either wanted to win.

The Ipswich goalkeeper was shocking (thanks for the goal by the way), and even the shot that lead to it had me swearing at the screen (dog wondered what was going on!).

If we carry on playing like that, we're going to get turned over by someone sooner or later.

Again, glad for 3 points, but that was diabolical.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth we’re closer to the playoffs than the drop zone.

People love to act like we’re the only inconsistent club in the championship but the reality is far from it. 

I think if you take our last 5 games we have been pretty consistent. Scraping a win against the worst side in the division without a pot to piss in is welcome but can we now kick and find a settled side? I doubt it. 

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth we’re closer to the playoffs than the drop zone.

People love to act like we’re the only inconsistent club in the championship but the reality is far from it. 

We’re not inconsistent though we’re just plain Shit!

1 hour ago, City 62 said:

Good win tonight. Win Sunday we will be looking at play offs 

I'd say a big well done to Lee and to the City players; that might not technically be classed as a good win, but damn it was an important win.

You might want to save the play off talk until we beat Millwall and Birmingham!!!

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not surprised - the performance against them was absolutely dire - the worst I can remember since the 0-6 defeat to Cardiff under his dad..............:facepalm:

You never miss a chance to slag off Gary Johnson.....just like you never miss a chance to support Lee Johnson...very strange....especially from a bloke who is happy to transport Roverzzzz fans to a game and sit and watch it with them....

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

You never miss a chance to slag off Gary Johnson.....just like you never miss a chance to support Lee Johnson...very strange....especially from a bloke who is happy to transport Roverzzzz fans to a game and sit and watch it with them....

Not strictly true mate

He missed his golden chance when GJ invited him into the office......

But instead ......Denied , blistered and lied as the brown stuff leaked down his legs 

Tells you all you need to know really .,.. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He's just Weird Al

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not strictly true mate

He missed his golden chance when GJ invited him into the office......

But instead ......Denied , blistered and lied as the brown stuff leaked down his legs 

Tells you all you need to know really .,.. 

Classic

We'll done Lee?

We won, great. We needed to as losing to that poor a side would have been catastrophic. But here's the problem with WeeLee. In his brief post match conference he still managed to cram in these bon mots:

"Fammy gave us the platform..." - no mention of why he didn't start him then given Adelakun played like another straight off the 'carousel of shite'.

"Morrell wouldn't have looked out of place playing in a world cup final..." Really? Really? Kid did OK but again, WeeLee, if he's so good why didn't he start? How come he only came on for a player who looked like he couldn't wait to get off the pitch given the embarrassment his family and friends might be watching? Does this mean he'll start Sunday (history suggests one wouldn't bet on it?) What does that say of a manager who has such talent to hand but prefers instead to regularly trust in the skills (sic) of (insert any of our other nomark midfielders here?)

If WeeLee wants to get fans onside he should start calling it as it is, good and bad. Emphasise the positives for sure, but don't bother polishing the turd as that fools nobody.

I honestly couldn't give a toss who gets the credit for it, or if it means LJ has bought himself more time. It's a dark, cold polluted morning in Nanjing, I have a long tedious day of work ahead of me and 3 points for my team is just golden right now. Thank you Bristol City.

PS Johnson out ! ;)

We absolutely deserved that win tonight. Played against an in-form team, with bags and bags of talent vying for a repeat of Leicester's antics that other season ago. We absolutely outclassed them in every single way and if we carry on playing like we did tonight with our lord and saviour Lee Johnson behind the helm, there's no reason why in 5 years time we can't be playing the greats such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus. Can't thank him enough.

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, is happy with that performance tonight, they really do need to take their rose tinters off.

The only reason we won is the fact that Ipswich are absolutely dire, the worst I've seen at this level since Rotherham a couple of years ago and they were really shit.

We were lucky that we were playing Ipswich as any other Championship side would have wiped the floor with us.

Johnson is an inept coach who has totally lost the plot yet this result puts off the inevitable as far as I'm concerned. 1 result does NOT make him the messiah and he still does not deserve to be head coach / Manager of this club and should (although it will not happen) be removed if we have any aspiration of doing well in this league.

Regrettably, I'm not sure our owner has that type of aspiration but we suck up the spin every renewal time, or maybe not, with the chosen one still in charge, this time eh!

JOHNSON OUT!! 

41 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

We absolutely deserved that win tonight. Played against an in-form team, with bags and bags of talent vying for a repeat of Leicester's antics that other season ago. We absolutely outclassed them in every single way and if we carry on playing like we did tonight with our lord and saviour Lee Johnson behind the helm, there's no reason why in 5 years time we can't be playing the greats such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus. Can't thank him enough.

That's some proper booze you've been drinking eh WMR? Surprised you can still type TBH. ;)

I've always been a big LJ fan, however my patience is now getting very thin despite the win.

I took very very little joy from that win as we played extremely poorly. 

I'd say I actually felt more entertained after the Stoke game as we played some excellent stuff in the 2nd half. 

Tonight was just terrible and all its done is stop me calling for his head for one more game. 

Archived