IGNORED

Well done Lee

City 62

9 hours ago, City 62 said:

Good win tonight. Win Sunday we will be looking at play offs 

An important win, I mentioned pre match if we had lost last night and playing on Sunday there would have been an increase of pressure on the team. 

I asked for the players to stand up, ok Ipswich were awful (so were we) but we came back from behind twice to win the game. That shows character 

Has Lee answered the questions, no but last night this team fought for him and themselves.

Onto Saturday, against a physical team like Milwall Fam has to start, with Patterson behind (had a good game last night).

Walsh (if fit) and Brownhill in a middle 2 but like others have said wouldn’t mind seeing a midfield 3

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, is happy with that performance tonight, they really do need to take their rose tinters off.

The only reason we won is the fact that Ipswich are absolutely dire, the worst I've seen at this level since Rotherham a couple of years ago and they were really shit.

We were lucky that we were playing Ipswich as any other Championship side would have wiped the floor with us.

Johnson is an inept coach who has totally lost the plot yet this result puts off the inevitable as far as I'm concerned. 1 result does NOT make him the messiah and he still does not deserve to be head coach / Manager of this club and should (although it will not happen) be removed if we have any aspiration of doing well in this league.

Regrettably, I'm not sure our owner has that type of aspiration but we suck up the spin every renewal time, or maybe not, with the chosen one still in charge, this time eh!

JOHNSON OUT!! 

Ditto :clap:

LJ definitely deserves credit for his changes in the second half. 

Eliasson is so much better on the left, strikers don't have to hold their runs whilst he cuts back and puts the ball in. 

One thing Johnson deserves huge stick for is his bizarre selections. 

Last week Adelakun, this week Pisano. Neither player has played any minutes, then all of a sudden they're thrown in at the deep end and straight into the starting 11. He's done that sort of thing a few times before as well, it makes no sense. Both look like they're lacking sharpness & could do with being phased in. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Who was 2-0 down, because you can't be talking about City?

Think he meant to say “twice behind” against the team 6 points adrift at the foot of the table. I won’t be popping any champagne just yet.

10 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

"well done Lee"? 1win in five to a team that hasn't won all season at home, 2-0 down to a shit team, don't make me laugh, he thumps the air, as much to say that's my job safe for now, JOHNSON OUT, 

Get a life ffs.

9 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

We'll done Lee?

We won, great. We needed to as losing to that poor a side would have been catastrophic. But here's the problem with WeeLee. In his brief post match conference he still managed to cram in these bon mots:

"Fammy gave us the platform..." - no mention of why he didn't start him then given Adelakun played like another straight off the 'carousel of shite'.

"Morrell wouldn't have looked out of place playing in a world cup final..." Really? Really? Kid did OK but again, WeeLee, if he's so good why didn't he start? How come he only came on for a player who looked like he couldn't wait to get off the pitch given the embarrassment his family and friends might be watching? Does this mean he'll start Sunday (history suggests one wouldn't bet on it?) What does that say of a manager who has such talent to hand but prefers instead to regularly trust in the skills (sic) of (insert any of our other nomark midfielders here?)

If WeeLee wants to get fans onside he should start calling it as it is, good and bad. Emphasise the positives for sure, but don't bother polishing the turd as that fools nobody.

Agreed. Words like "Unbelievable" are not really the right words to describe last nights performance.

More appropriate would have been:

Well that's a relief!

We've stopped the slide at last.

Three goals, three points, now let's build on that.

11 hours ago, City 62 said:

Good win tonight. Win Sunday we will be looking at play offs 

Wrong on soooooo many levels.

It was not a 'good win': it was a 'FANTASTIC WIN' (LJ).

It 'FEELS REAL AGAIN' (LJ). I.e. the same as it did at some point in history (unspecified), but assuming at a time when the team were not at risk of losing 5 on the bounce. Aka denial.

"WE GOT OUR REWARD". Thanks to thier keeper for the o.g.

"IT'S DIFFICULT TO COME HERE". Always hard against the division whipping boys, bottom, six points adrift, and with one win the entire season.

"THE MONKEY (is) OFF OUR BACK, AND THERE IS LOVE BACK IN THE ROOM". Translation (if possible), Lee likes to give it to his monkey, not always be the taker.

He is a f******g genius. If you are reading this, Lee, PLEASE sign the contract extension at your earliest convenience.

I'm never happy playing in trouble teams the games are always bitty and sloppy.  When teams like Ipswich are in trouble they aim to break up the play and turn it into a.slug fest with the aim of getting enough points to stay up.  You pick up injuries, it's never nice to watch and it often hard to find the right pass to get a goal or two.  I'm happy we have three points.  I can also find you similar thread for when we played a number of struggling teams over the last few seasons.

43 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

LJ definitely deserves credit for his changes in the second half. 

Eliasson is so much better on the left, strikers don't have to hold their runs whilst he cuts back and puts the ball in. 

One thing Johnson deserves huge stick for is his bizarre selections. 

Last week Adelakun, this week Pisano. Neither player has played any minutes, then all of a sudden they're thrown in at the deep end and straight into the starting 11. He's done that sort of thing a few times before as well, it makes no sense. Both look like they're lacking sharpness & could do with being phased in. 

Selections do sometimes look bizarre for sure - to us fans anyway but it’s worth remembering that few, if any of us spend day after day with the squad up at Failand.

We have no recent info on what’s going on in the players lives or how their feeling at anyone time. 

For example did Pisano start last night because Hunt has been unwell? or has Piasno been performing exceptionally well in training? Point is we don’t know.........

Adelakun - maybe he’d been impressing in training.....and LJ felt he should  start. As it turned out Adelakun failed to impress and got withdrawn at ht.......things like like happen at virtually every club.

The only selection I question is Paterson - what does LJ see in him that we fans don’t?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Selections do sometimes look bizarre for sure - to us fans anyway but it’s worth remembering that few, if any of us spend day after day with the squad up at Failand.

We have no recent info on what’s going on in the players lives or how their feeling at anyone time. 

For example did Pisano start last night because Hunt has been unwell? or has Piasno been performing exceptionally well in training? Point is we don’t know.........

Adelakun - maybe he’d been impressing in training.....and LJ felt he should  start. As it turned out Adelakun failed to impress and got withdrawn at ht.......things like like happen at virtually every club.

The only selection I question is Paterson - what does LJ see in him that we fans don’t?

He scored tbf 

• Admin

If we are truly getting excited about beating the worst team in the league at the ground they have not won at all season we really have sunk to another low!

Yeah it's a great 3 points, and finally puts an end to our latest losing run, but lets see how we fair over the next few games before getting too carried away

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

If we are truly getting excited about beating the worst team in the league at the ground they have not won at all season we really have sunk to another low!

Yeah it's a great 3 points, and finally puts an end to our latest losing run, but lets see how we fair over the next few games before getting too carried away

I’d say I’m more relived than excited phantom.  I don’t think anyone is claiming that last night was a top performance but a win was important simply to boost morale. City will go into the Millwall game on Sunday with greater confidence and under less pressure.

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

Got a great life THANKS "happy clapper" are you. JOHNSON OUT

I wish folks like you would stop obsessing so much with LJ, you support City, not the gaffer ffs.  Just try to enjoy the fact we won yesterday and weren't dragged towards the bottom 3.

Enough of all this Johnson out Crap, the man is doing a good job, get off of his back.

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I wish folks like you would stop obsessing so much with LJ, you support City, not the gaffer ffs.  Just try to enjoy the fact we won yesterday and weren't dragged towards the bottom 3.

Enough of all this Johnson out Crap, the man is doing a good job, get off of his back.

"WELL WELL WELL" Go on Lee take us down 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I agree 100% with the first line

But can't agree he is doing a "good job" at the moment

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The only situation you can truly judge players on is in actual games. Until they play under that pressure and at that intensity, them looking half decent in training isn't good enough. 

It's no shock that both look off the pace & I'd be surprised if many other managers make similar decisions chucking in players who haven't played for a while. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Agreed. Words like "Unbelievable" are not really the right words to describe last nights performance.

More appropriate would have been:

Well that's a relief!

We've stopped the slide at last.

Three goals, three points, now let's build on that.

I think ' unbelievable ' sums it up perfectly after scoring , what was it 3 goals in the last ten matches ? , losing four on the spin and playing like a bunch of individuals at a fairy speed dating event for much of the season.

Ipswich , at home and with a new boss expected to get something from last night but didn't.

Who honestly believed that we'd win and score 3 goals in the process.

This is why we love football. 

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I'd say a big well done to Lee and to the City players; that might not technically be classed as a good win, but damn it was an important win.

You might want to save the play off talk until we beat Millwall and Birmingham!!!

Honest take.

It was a very important win and no mistake.

Don't think we'll be serious playoff contenders, nor do I think serious relegation battle likely- midtable is what we are right now, or lower midtable if things go south a bit and midtable to lower midtable is probably what we'll be- frustrating season? Sure. Not particularly surprising though.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You've hit the nail on the head: we are surprised to beat by far the worst team in the division, and some folk have already referenced the play-offs.

F******g "yipee".

Europa League here we come.

FFS.

1 hour ago, ReggyRed said:

We are part of the toughest league in the world in my opinion, 

Clearly, the rest of your post informs what you think of WeeLee but then if you consider much of the utter ****" on show in this league constitutes tough, well I'll leave it there.

The way some are going on you'd think we were in Ipswich's position, let's deal with facts -

1. Johnson takes over with us in the Championship relegation zone and steers us to safety 

2. The following season we improve our league position.

3 The following season we further improve our league position and reach a national cup semi final for the first time in nearly 30 years beating a host of Premiership teams on the way. 

4. The next pre season we sell arguably our best three players, one to a Championship rival. We have our main Centre forward banned for 6 matches and we have a number of other long term injuries including to our influential central midfielder Korey Smith. And where are we people? Just below mid table with a more than winnable game on Sunday that should propel us into the top half.

final question, how many of you would be queueing up on the suspension bridge if you supported a team really going to the dogs (excuse the pun) like Darryl's Gas? 

Archived