IGNORED

Fammy (Merged)

Super

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Part of a 4231 formation. Thats what won it. 

Will LJ eventually learn 442 doesnt work?!

What he does need to learn is to stop setting the side up to counteract what the opposition are doing, play to our strengths and let them worry about us ffs.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Won us the game tonight. Superb second half lets hope he kicks on now as he is easily our best striker.

I’m glad someone started a thread on this. I thought he was superb. Granted he’s been poor this season but for me some of the criticism has been over the top. He’s still by a country mile the best finisher we have.

I also think he can bring the best out of Paterson in the no.10 role. Weimann is not a lone striker and although he works tirelessly he is not going to score the goals to get us out of trouble.

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Part of a 4231 formation. Thats what won it. 

Will LJ eventually learn 442 doesnt work?!

Not just formation that won it....bit of energy, stopped throwing it back 20 yards from throws-in, Eliasson better positions allowed Kelly to impose himself.  I’ve been ranting for weeks that Eliasson starts too high without the ball, leaving acres between him and his full-back.  Tonight he was in contact with Kelly and lo and behold, 3 goals from crosses from LHS.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He's a decent player who has been in poor form. Some of the criticism of him being 'direhou' or whatever is embarrassing. Showed he is capable of scoring goals last season.

This.  I have questioned his attitude but tonight he was up for it.

As mentioned in another thread, played some lovely through balls from an advanced midfield area. 

If only he could look a bit more lively leading the line and improve his concentration in his defensive duties he could justify our £5 million valuation. 

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Changed the game, obviously a confidence player so can the idiots in the West Stand get behind him on Sunday instead of booing him and sarcastically cheering when/if he gets taken off?

“Idiots in the West Stand” - what a great time to slag off some fellow City fans...Fammy ain’t a good player, he certainly ain’t a £5m+ player - and no, I’m not a ST holder in the West Stand...I’m a ST holder, but more realistic than some it seems...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Idiots in the West Stand” - what a great time to slag off some fellow City fans...Fammy ain’t a good player, he certainly ain’t a £5m+ player - and no, I’m not a ST holder in the West Stand...I’m a ST holder, but more realistic than some it seems...

Nothing to do with realism, at the moment he looks absolutely nothing like a 5m player but that’s not his fault, some of the abuse he was getting in our last two home games was truly toxic

10 minutes ago, harrys said:

Nothing to do with realism, at the moment he looks absolutely nothing like a 5m player but that’s not his fault, some of the abuse he was getting in our last two home games was truly toxic

I always respect your views mate, but nothing about our atmospheres or reactions to players has ever been ‘toxic’ - this is the West Country, we don’t do toxic, just a bit disgruntled maybe....If you want toxic go to Italy and see how many of their teams’ fans react to weak defeats, they besiege their teams’ training grounds on a Monday morning to the point where the players have to be rescued by helicopter....Bristol City fans ‘toxic’ - no way....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always respect your views mate, but nothing about our atmospheres or reactions to players has ever been ‘toxic’ - this is the West Country, we don’t do toxic, just a bit disgruntled maybe....If you want toxic go to Italy and see how many of their teams’ fans react to weak defeats, they besiege their teams’ training grounds on a Monday morning to the point where the players have to be rescued by helicopter....Bristol City fans ‘toxic’ - no way....

Alright, of course it’s an exaggeration to say toxic and i realise that AG is nothing like an Argentinian Derby but i’m sure you get my drift, i’m as disappointed as anyone that Fammy has looked nothing like a 5m player but to hear the abuse he gets does his confidence no good whatsoever, it seems he might be a super sub, he looked great when he came on for the second half at WBA as well and scored a great goal that night

He was exactly what we needed at half time. The fact we weren't making more against such a mediocre Ipswich defence was infuriating!

Like others have said, his touch tonight was good - everything seemed to stick. But I think the most pleasing thing tonight was that he didn't hold onto the ball for very long. It's been a criticism I make of him often that when he does win the ball, it takes a few to many seconds for him to decide what to do with it.

However, tonight it was win, protect, pass. Much, much better. If he could play this role every game I would be a lot happier and I think the team would really benefit.

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Alright, of course it’s an exaggeration to say toxic and i realise that AG is nothing like an Argentinian Derby but i’m sure you get my drift, i’m as disappointed as anyone that Fammy has looked nothing like a 5m player but to hear the abuse he gets does his confidence no good whatsoever, it seems he might be a super sub, he looked great when he came on for the second half at WBA as well and scored a great goal that night

Yep, I agree that getting behind our players undoubtedly helps their confidence....but we spent a huge amount of money on Fammy for a club of our size, a huge amount of dosh....more than £5m ..... we have obviously expected more from him than he has delivered ..... and we should expect more given his price tag and salary....but the crowd has not been ‘toxic’ towards him in any way whatsoever....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I agree that getting behind our players undoubtedly helps their confidence....but we spent a huge amount of money on Fammy for a club of our size, a huge amount of dosh....more than £5m ..... we have obviously expected more from him than he has delivered ..... and we should expect more given his price tag and salary....but the crowd has not been ‘toxic’ towards him in any way whatsoever....

I’ve agreed already that toxic Is an over exaggeration on my part,  it’s hardly Fammys fault that someone at the club decided he was worth 5m

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/237125/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/698

36 league starts, 10 subbed in....17 goals (only 1 tonight....he won’t get Bialkowski og).

its a very good scoring rate, but his contribution frustrates....and I like him.  Hope tonight is a watershed and we see more of the better Fammy.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/237125/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/698

36 league starts, 10 subbed in....17 goals (only 1 tonight....he won’t get Bialkowski og).

its a very good scoring rate, but his contribution frustrates....and I like him.  Hope tonight is a watershed and we see more of the better Fammy.

Hope so too, it would be good to see him get an early goal at AG where he seems to be lacking a bit of confidence 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1 swallow does not a summer make, think I will reserve judgment and hope he proves me wrong.

Archived