IGNORED

Fammy (Merged)

Super

He's not a 5m player, but the way we've been playing isn't suiting his strengths. Last night we got crosses in and he played better. 

I think there's a mix of expecting too much from him after recent success of our strikers who were better all round players and playing a way not suited to him. He can get 20 a season but needs a change of formation and style 

How about Diedhiou with 2 wingers pushed high and a 3 man midfield behind to reduce the risk of when we lose possession- Might that be a better way of playing to his strengths? Bolded those I'm not sure about.

For Sunday maybe:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Pack

Watkins Brownhill Walsh Eliasson

Diedhiou

Watkins will seem an interesting choice but he can provide a bit of physicality on the right and did get 2 goals earlier in the season. Perhaps O'Dowda for Watkins?

Or could set up like:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Brownhill Pack Walsh

Watkins                Eliasson

Diedhiou

Still doesn't feel a perfect fit and again O'Dowda/Watkins interchangeable in selection?

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Idiots in the West Stand” - what a great time to slag off some fellow City fans...Fammy ain’t a good player, he certainly ain’t a £5m+ player - and no, I’m not a ST holder in the West Stand...I’m a ST holder, but more realistic than some it seems...

I agree about the fans recently. Some of the stuff I’ve seen on forums/heard at the ground has been absolutely embarrassing recently. People going personal about Johnson, our fans fighting eachother, punching horses when we were so quick to criticise the gas for it and aswell as that sarcastically jeering off our players.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about Diedhiou with 2 wingers pushed high and a 3 man midfield behind to reduce the risk of when we lose possession- Might that be a better way of playing to his strengths? Bolded those I'm not sure about.

For Sunday maybe:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Pack

Watkins Brownhill Walsh Eliasson

Diedhiou

Watkins will seem an interesting choice but he can provide a bit of physicality on the right and did get 2 goals earlier in the season. Perhaps O'Dowda for Watkins?

Or could set up like:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Brownhill Pack Walsh

Watkins                Eliasson

Diedhiou

Still doesn't feel a perfect fit and again O'Dowda/Watkins interchangeable in selection?

Walsh came off injured last night so not sure if he would be fit enough for Sunday. I would go with a similar team that finished the game last night.

Maenpaa

Pisano

Kalas

Webster

Kelly

Paterson

Pack

Brownhill

Eliasson

Weimann 

Diédhiou 

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Walsh came off injured last night so not sure if he would be fit enough for Sunday. I would go with a similar team that finished the game last night.

Maenpaa

Pisano

Kalas

Webster

Kelly

Paterson

Pack

Brownhill

Eliasson

Weimann 

Diédhiou 

Thanks.

Is there an unwritten rule that says we only are allowed 2 fit and available central midfielders at a time? :grr:

Fear it would leave us open in midfield that, and especially if we want to attack may play into Millwall's hands somewhat- we played a 4-4-2 up there in April, we had loads of the ball...and not a shot on target. Think you need 3 CM to counteract this if you want to go on the front foot despite their terrible away record.

17 hours ago, nickolas said:

Part of a 4231 formation. Thats what won it. 

Will LJ eventually learn 442 doesnt work?!

4-4-2 with two strikers and two out and out wingers is pretty much suicide in today’s game. Leicester only team in recent memory who have had success with it and they had Kante. 

As for Fammy definitely our best striker. The only one capable of getting into double figures in this league I think. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks.

Is there an unwritten rule that says we only are allowed 2 fit and available central midfielders at a time? :grr:

Fear it would leave us open in midfield that, and especially if we want to attack may play into Millwall's hands somewhat- we played a 4-4-2 up there in April, we had loads of the ball...and not a shot on target. Think you need 3 CM to counteract this if you want to go on the front foot despite their terrible away record.

I wouldn’t rule out three in the middle as Morrell came on and had a very good game. If we are to do a front three I think Paterson deserves to stay in the team and as does Eliasson 

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

I wouldn’t rule out three in the middle as Morrell came on and had a very good game. If we are to do a front three I think Paterson deserves to stay in the team and as does Eliasson 

Morrell, would be interesting to see what he could do from the off.

Perhaps Paterson, Eliasson and Diedhiou then with a 3 in CM.

Diedhiou is a strange one, he's pretty good with his head when he gets a chance, creates quite a bit of power from headers, but doesn't win much in the air. 

I hope this is the start of him going on a good run. I just worry that our general game play suffers when he's in the side & players see it as an easy option to just lump it.  

16 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

At recent forum LJ said he was bought to partner Bobby Reid up front.

So perhaps, he's been missing Bobby this season and needs us to find another partner from within the club?

I took issue with that comment on another thread. A load of rubbish imo. 

We signed Famara early on in the window, before we’d played any friendlies & seen how Reid would do as a striker. For us to be signing a striker to play alongside another player who hasn’t been played up front before doesn’t seem right to me, not sure I believe that!

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

What he does need to learn is to stop setting the side up to counteract what the opposition are doing, play to our strengths and let them worry about us ffs.

This x 1000.

Why buty players with ability only to worry more about the ability and strength of every other team rather than the one he has assembled.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Carey 6

i screenshotted your post because I didn’t want to quote you and not have the context of what you were quoting.

80E81E0C-089E-4D4F-A81B-153B33B01C0A.thumb.jpeg.553e5fe10f7ed276332a8149e686cb63.jpeg

Yes, I agree.  It’s the kind of thing LJ comes out with that sounds plausible, until you check it’s truth and realise he made it up to fit a situation.  ?

This is a Head Coach that selects Pato no matter how he performs and for whom last night’s goal will be proof he was right to do so. I actually believe LJ in that example, he had decided at the end of 2016/17 that Bobby was gonna be a striker, he had no need to see him actually do that role to know he was going with it in August.

5 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Maenpaa

Pisano

Kalas

Webster

Kelly

Paterson

Pack

Brownhill

Eliasson

Weimann 

Diédhiou 

I’d go similar to this, although I’d bring Hunt back in as I doubt Pisano is ready to play again so soon. I’d also stick with the formation we played in second half last night, i.e. Eliasson on left (gets him to the byline rather than cutting back all the time), Pato at 10 (play him there or not at all) and Weimann on right.  

53 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’d go similar to this, although I’d bring Hunt back in as I doubt Pisano is ready to play again so soon. I’d also stick with the formation we played in second half last night, i.e. Eliasson on left (gets him to the byline rather than cutting back all the time), Pato at 10 (play him there or not at all) and Weimann on right.  

See my first post, that’s my team ?

On 28/11/2018 at 22:52, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Idiots in the West Stand” - what a great time to slag off some fellow City fans...Fammy ain’t a good player, he certainly ain’t a £5m+ player - and no, I’m not a ST holder in the West Stand...I’m a ST holder, but more realistic than some it seems...

If you jeer our players off, I wish you weren't.

On 30/11/2018 at 10:27, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t jeer our players off, never have, never will - just don’t see the point in falling out with other fans over it...they pay their money and can express their feelings in any verbal way they wish in my opinion...

Glad to hear it. But if people go out of their way to express their frustration in something so clearly bad for the team, the club and even the perception of us, I’m not sorry for falling out with anyone :)

Archived