IGNORED

RED BUTTON GAMES AT PUB

pillred

16 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Red button is not for comerical use as far as I understand. 

If if you have a comerical sky licence then sky block it. 

Their broadcast deal says they can stream to homes only and not commercial premises. 

Is this a new ruling because he told me he had screened a game the night before and could not understand why it would not come on, maybe local games can't be shown?

1 hour ago, grubby said:

I had same issue, I have Wellington arms, rooksbridge, bs26 2te, and the red button didn't work on sky sports football tonight yet has for every other game? I shall be contacting sky to see what is happening. Lucky enough efl3 was great ?

Just read that the landlord from the robins pub in Bristol tried the red button to no avail rang sky who they have stopped it for commercial/ pub use due to hitting attendances . Only what what was posted on Otib 

21 minutes ago, MC26 said:

That's interesting. I wonder if there's anything stopping me going into a pub with my tablet, loading a red button game up on there and sending it to the pub TV screen.

There isn’t anything to stop you, but you would be breaking the licensing laws for the pub and they could be open to prosecution by sky etc.

It would be no different to streaming games from an iptv source etc, or a pub trying to use a home sky sub instead of a pub one.    

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

There isn’t anything to stop you, but you would be breaking the licensing laws for the pub and they could be open to prosecution by sky etc.

It would be no different to streaming games from an iptv source etc, or a pub trying to use a home sky sub instead of a pub one.    

What If someone went to a pub with a universal remote and then 'hacked' the television and put on Babestation?

38 minutes ago, MC26 said:

That's interesting. I wonder if there's anything stopping me going into a pub with my tablet, loading a red button game up on there and sending it to the pub TV screen.

You can't send the sky picture to another device, cast or anything like that as far as I know from a tablet. Again it's blocked by sky so that you have to buy an extra box. If you find a way let me know!

5 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

You can't send the sky picture to another device, cast or anything like that as far as I know from a tablet. Again it's blocked by sky so that you have to buy an extra box. If you find a way let me know!

you need to have a device with an hdmi port (laptop?) and plug into the tv. 

13 hours ago, pillred said:

Is this a new ruling because he told me he had screened a game the night before and could not understand why it would not come on, maybe local games can't be shown?

Found it last night- was out and about and decided to check a few pubs to see if any were showing it. As others have said, EFL must have put block on it.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Found it last night- was out and about and decided to check a few pubs to see if any were showing it. As others have said, EFL must have put block on it.

It was on in my local last night. Had the pub pint icon in the bottom corner as well so nothing dodgy. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It was on in my local last night. Had the pub pint icon in the bottom corner as well so nothing dodgy. 

Maybe it was a technical fault where I went then- but then again, said it was showing it and someone did point out in this thread

Not saying it's anything dodgy but it flies in the face of this though...not allowed to show it in pubs anymore.

No matter which Championship team you support, you can see your team live, in full and with commentary, on every midweek round, either via your television or on your mobile.

For Sky Q customers, the matches on the red button will be available in HD quality and the service comes at no extra cost.

Midweek matches are only available through these channels and cannot be watched with a NOW TV pass and are also not available in Sky pubs.

This too...

Was a decision taken in the last month or so.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it was a technical fault where I went then- but then again, said it was showing it and someone did point out in this thread

Not saying it's anything dodgy but it flies in the face of this though...not allowed to show it in pubs anymore.

Yeah I've just seen that, like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it worked Tuesday, but not yesterday. Probably won't work next time I'm up there then if they've put a block on it. 

Archived