IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

Yeh @Fordy62!

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Spot on Kev. A difficult job in a difficult league with his hands tied by the owner, being the real issue. Being forced to sell your best players doesn't help either.

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Please explain Sheffield Utd with less resources, cheaper players, less overall budget and wages and " a former player, who cares about the club".

Obviously this is a classic RDK reaction thread and I know you're looking for bites, but I don't agree with your point and felt compelled to reply.

Clearly the macro factors you mention have to be factored in, of course losing Reid, Bryan and Flint and not being given the funds to replace them is a huge ask. Of course it's not ideal circumstances for a manager to achieve instant success.

The impression I get from the mood of the fans is that the concerns aren't just the form. It's the lack of identity in our play, the fact we look toothless at times.. then the factor that Johnson is infamous for these streaks of form.

The other - and perhaps most worrying thing - is that it all feels a bit stale. People don't feel very excited about this season, i'm certainly not. I actually feel a bit apathetic about it - I've barely posted in months. I can live with mid-table - it's probably about right for a club of our level at the moment, but I just feel a bit bored.

I also like Johnson, I think he's a good man and would love him to succeed. I just don't really have faith in him at the moment - all that nonsense about players 'needing a cuddle' - it just grates. I can't think how on earth that would be motivational or reassuring to professional athletes.

I question whether people will take him seriously as a leader too; I see the need for technology in our training and am glad we're embracing it but I do wonder if he over-complicates and confuses the players. Some of the stuff he comes out with I can imagine the players eyes just glazing over.

I hope he and the team can change my mind, but I just have lots of doubts at the moment. I get the impression this is a view shared by lots of people, even those that fundamentally like Johnson.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Please explain Sheffield Utd with less resources, cheaper players, less overall budget and wages and " a former player, who cares about the club".

Please explain Sunderland with greater resources....Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Brentford....Stoke and Swansea (parachute payment) 1, yes 1 point more than us so far....

Kev,

We’re playing like cat shit. The form of the last few games will see us in the relegation mix. I don’t think he’s doing a good job. 

And the over reaction to beating relegation certainties Ipswich is baffling to me. 

I’d be so fickle to change my based on last night. 

Of course I wanted Lee to do well. I want all of our managers to do well. But he’s not doing well and I want him gone for the good of the club. 

Bloody good post. We sell our 3 best players and everyone expects us to be in the top 6. Deluded fools! If we finish anywhere between 10th and 16th we should all be happy. Think last night would have helped confidence and we have big players coming back to fitness. There is no reason why we can't go on a run of wins now. Always better against better teams so bring it on!!! 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Please explain Sunderland with greater resources....Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Brentford....Stoke and Swansea (parachute payment) 1, yes 1 point more than us so far....

The opening post was saying "doing a good job in a bloody difficult league". My post was a comparative one based upon resources, players, wages, budget and (most importantly) former player. Ergo, only Sheffield Utd is comparable in all respects. Why is Wilder achieving more? That is the question.

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I will support the team 100%, but LEE JOHNSON "OUT" 

6 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

I will support the team 100%, but LEE JOHNSON "OUT" 

What did I say, didn't you understand, enough of the Johnson Out Crap!  Do you have any rationale thoughts why you repeat your simple mantra over and over, or are you trying to troll?

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Kev,

We’re playing like cat shit. The form of the last few games will see us in the relegation mix. I don’t think he’s doing a good job. 

And the over reaction to beating relegation certainties Ipswich is baffling to me. 

I’d be so fickle to change my based on last night. 

Of course I wanted Lee to do well. I want all of our managers to do well. But he’s not doing well and I want him gone for the good of the club. 

What do you mean, the good of the club?  Things look pretty good where I'm sitting.  Yesterday was a crucial win, and we delivered, it wasn't just papering over the cracks it was stopping a rot that a few had already suggested could last 8 or 9 games.  As you know, Fordy, teams battling relegation are sometimes the toughest opposition you can face.

7 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Bloody good post. We sell our 3 best players and everyone expects us to be in the top 6. Deluded fools! If we finish anywhere between 10th and 16th we should all be happy. Think last night would have helped confidence and we have big players coming back to fitness. There is no reason why we can't go on a run of wins now. Always better against better teams so bring it on!!! 

Who said anything about anyone expecting us to be top six? I’ve said for a long while now that I just expect us to not be shit. 

The last time we played well was second half versus West Brom and that was only half a game. Since then; shit, shit, shit, shit, shit  

I genuinely can’t think of the last time we had a decent 90 minutes. Man Utd perhaps?

LJ lost Flint, Bryan and Reid. They’d have been a massive loss to anyone. However, firstly, they weren’t assets created by him - there is an argument that Reid might be, but he wasn’t brought to the club by Johnson and I suspect there was more than a smidge of luck in his transformation to striker rather than judgement.  Secondly, Johnson has had more than enough resources to replace them. More than any other manager by absolutely miles. 

The question now is, who else can by the next player sold on at a massive profit? I can pretty much guarantee you that it’ll be Lloyd Kelly - again - not a player brought in by Johnson. And having watched Lloyd I would expect that he’d have excelled under Stevie Wonder as coach. 

In short, we’re not progressing any longer under Johnson. The alarm bells are loud and clear on that. And I don’t see why we should be punished any further because of chance win at the worst team this league has seen in many years. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

What do you mean, the good of the club?  Things look pretty good where I'm sitting.  Yesterday was a crucial win, and we delivered, it wasn't just papering over the cracks it was stopping a rot that a few had already suggested could last 8 or 9 games.  As you know, Fordy, teams battling relegation are sometimes the toughest opposition you can face.

I admire you starting the thread on here, but for me it is too soon to see whether things are improving or not?

Ipswich are the worst side in the league, let's be calmer and more calculated when we play a better quality of side.

Remember it was only a matter of weeks ago Preston got their first away win of the season at our place, Millwall come to us this Sunday with no away win this season

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Nobody ( expect me ) complained the same quality of football under his dad.........

We played some pretty exciting football under GJ, functional at times - but on the whole successful. That playoff season we had some great performances - we played a few teams off the park. We all knew that really we were punching above our weight too which made it even more exciting. I would go as far as saying the Playoff season under GJ was the most enjoyment I've had watching City in recent-ish history.

22 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I don't care a jot about Sheff Utd.  I do know they have been in the Premier League and are arguably a bigger club than us, so not sure how they have less resources?  At the moment in time they are in the same league as us and only 9 points better off.  I suggest at the end of the season, the gaps between us won't be anything substantial.

58 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

The opening post was saying "doing a good job in a bloody difficult league". My post was a comparative one based upon resources, players, wages, budget and (most importantly) former player. Ergo, only Sheffield Utd is comparable in all respects. Why is Wilder achieving more? That is the question.

Well in this ‘bloody difficult league’ are those teams I’ve just mentioned, on similar or in most cases greater resources, all around or below us in the league. So it is relevant to the statement about how tough our league is.

Last season it was Preston and Brentford - showing us how to run clubs, better recruitment, better coaching, etc etc.

Oh wait we can’t use them now. 

OK now it’s Sheffield United.

See the theme - for everyone of those clubs are a Villa, Stoke, Hull, Reading, Wednesday, Derby, Forest, Leeds etc etc. All with far greater pedigree and history who are showing how easy it is to get it wrong in this division, even in some cases with massive budgets.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We played some pretty exciting football under GJ, functional at times - but on the whole successful. That playoff season we had some great performances - we played a few teams off the park. We all knew that really we were punching above our weight too which made it even more exciting. I would go as far as saying the Playoff season under GJ was the most enjoyment I've had watching City in recent-ish history.

We’ll agree to disagree on that PF -  it’s all history these days.

That said it does amuse me when we see certain posters slagging off LJ but seem to forget how drab the football was back then.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I admire you starting the thread on here, but for me it is too soon to see whether things are improving or not?

Ipswich are the worst side in the league, let's be calmer and more calculated when we play a better quality of side.

Remember it was only a matter of weeks ago Preston got their first away win of the season at our place, Millwall come to us this Sunday with no away win this season

We've played better quality this season and won; I think the Preston game was a deceiving situation as Preston started the season with several key injuries and were growing stronger as their players began to return.  Alex Neill is a hungry, competitive manager, who will possibly lead Preston to a top ten finish, so for me, that defeat wasn't a shock.  I even tipped a 1-0 loss!

The relentless nature of some fans to want to oust LJ , and call him things like WeeLee, makes my blood boil!

1 minute ago, Super said:

Ipswich did draw at home to Villa and Norwich and only lost by a goal to WBA the other night. Yes we can obviously play better but last night was surely all about the result.

Well no. When you’ve played shit for what’s pretty much 12 months and you play a team that look like a pub league team at best, I want to see us dominate. It was a chance to play good football and if we cannot play good football against Ipswich, we can’t play it against anyone. 

I’ve always said I just want us to not be shit. I want us to play with ‘identity’. Truth is, we as far from having an identity as we’ve ever been. 

It comes to something when I don’t want to watch my team play because I know exactly how they’ll play. Watching Bristol City has become a chore to me and I only watch now because I feel I have to. 

Thats where I am at under Johnson. 

35 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Spot on Kev. A difficult job in a difficult league with his hands tied by the owner, being the real issue. Being forced to sell your best players doesn't help either.

Exactly, imagine how well we'd be doing this season if we had kept Bobby Reid, the one man we couldn't replace.  I'm sure the board could have tempted him stay if they had really wanted to, but the ten million was too difficult to turn down for our money men.  Add Reid to this team and we could be 5th in the table (provided he maintained his incredible finishing of last season).

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nobody ( expect me ) complained the same quality of football under his dad.........

You see, I'm not sure GJ's football was all that bad- it got worse towards the end granted.

Was it compact? Yes. Out of necessity often. Not always though- I remember in his 'disastrous' final season in which we were midtable and until the downfall at the end and I would still have kept him because let's face it what followed over the following 3 seasons under Coppell's (very) shortlived time, Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll- don't think it would have been any worse under LJ.

Wasn't just compact though, was it? The playoff season especially before Christmas had some very nice stuff- Nobile behind one out of Trundle, Byfield was good stuff- McIndoe and Sproule on the wings, that shape gave us a great balance too. 

08/09 I'll admit not so good but we had good spells and we had bad spells- I seem to recall concession of late goals was starting to become a big problem but we definitely won a decent number and though we weren't always prolific I thought the football was not too bad.

09/10- Yeah the long losing streak at the end and the football got worse, but I recall good games from that season under GJ also. To name a few, 2-1 v Boro, 2-1 v WBA, 2-0 v Blackpool, 3-2 at Barnsley, 3-1 v Plymouth, 0-0 at Newcastle was enjoyable- probably one or both of the wins v QPR and Palace in August too.That's just off the top of my head too.4-2 v Preston was quite good too wasn't it? The 3-1 at Leicester with that Sproule wondergoal, how boring eh!

Could he have utilised certain flair players or players with potential in that respect better? Definitely, but all told don't think we were such a bad side to watch under GJ in the Championship- even post the playoff season.

Out of likes, but agreed @Super

Archived