IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

Its simple...if you want to be mid-table or worse in this division then keep Johnson but if you want play offs or better then he aint the man to get that for us and we need to get in a proven manager.

Some folks are happy with their average team and have no massive desire for us to reach the promised land. 

17 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've read this a couple of times and I don't feel that you are disagreeing with my point, my point is to critique those who, even following a crucial win, still plead for Lee to be sacked.  it seems you don't want to climb onto a roof top and shout 'LJ OUT'; it merely seems that you have tired of the football and as you've said, feel doubt about the ability of Lee Johnson to motivate and develop the team to reach further success.

Losing faith in Lee isn't the same as screaming for his head at every juncture, the fact is, Fogg, you're an intelligent poster who is acutely aware of all things Bristol City, and sometimes finding the football boring / uninspiring is the life of a football fan.  I fell out of love with football completely during the Mciness / S'oD periods and stopped watching games, even reading the reports etc.  Steve Cotteril pulled me from my slumber, and I must admit, I'm still hooked with the ongoing saga of Bristol City FC, in fact spending far too much time on this web site, when I have about a million and one other things to do!

And a good many of us stuck with the club through these lean periods, and continue to do so.

So with respect, you lecturing people, well you can shove it where the mice won't get at it.

52 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do you always post with a reaction? It’s been done to death about LJ, we’ve all said what we have thought over the past few weeks/months.

We don’t need a telling off from you, and feel the need to tell us we need to get behind him.

We were very poor again last night, so I wouldn’t lap this win up because it could have been a League One game. Result was key but again the performance wasn’t there and hasn’t been for months now.

Don’t post this nonsense again on Sunday if Diedhiou scores a last minute winner off his bellend.

It hasn't been done too death, even today I read numerous posts still demanding LJ to be sacked.  I didn't post this after the match, ffs, my thread is because there has to be a time when all the usual suspects, who have made it perfectly clear they want LJ to leave at least a thousand times already, stop their relentless crusade and stop negatively slanting every single thread on here.  It is boring.  I read just as much rubbish aimed towards Lee today I have after a defeat.

The fact is, despite how it happened, City won last night, and still Lee Johnson receives no credit from his army of doubters.

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Its simple...if you want to be mid-table or worse in this division then keep Johnson but if you want play offs or better then he aint the man to get that for us and we need to get in a proven manager.

Some folks are happy with their average team and have no massive desire for us to reach the promised land. 

I guess some folks are happy that we aren't a struggling League One any more.  I guess some folks are happy that we now have a superb stadium.  Some fans are happy that Bristol lads are now finding a path to the team.  If anyone is unhappy supporting a mid-table Championship team, they need to remind themselves of the many League One years.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

It hasn't been done too death, even today I read numerous posts still demanding LJ to be sacked.  I didn't post this after the match, ffs, my thread is because there has to be a time when all the usual suspects, who have made it perfectly clear they want LJ to leave at least a thousand times already, stop their relentless crusade and stop negatively slanting every single thread on here.  It is boring.  I read just as much rubbish aimed towards Lee today I have after a defeat.

The fact is, despite how it happened, City won last night, and still Lee Johnson receives no credit from his army of doubters.

I get that you're looking for nibbles here but come on mate.

I read numerous posts still demanding LJ to be sacked

Maybe theres a reason for this. Maybe they've used logical thought processes to come to this conclusion, in fact the majority definitely have. Just because they want the bloke gone it doesn't mean its unfounded. Most people making noise about wanting him to leave have justified it, with a few exceptions of the fringe radicals haha. It absolute has been done to death though, everyone has said their piece and everyone is ******* exhausted talking about it. I'd suggest that you reading 'just as much rubbish' is partly due to your view of LJ being a positive one, and being more easily drawn to criticism.

Lee Johnson receives no credit from his army of doubters

He absolute has been given credit, but there is no mobilisation, no great organised campaign of City fans to get the bloke sacked, just people disgruntled with the shite on offer recently. And then, what does he deserve credit for? We were poor, make no bones about it. Bringing Diedhiou on when he did was the right call but aside from that, theres not too much that sticks out as being worthy of credit.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I guess some folks are happy that we aren't a struggling League One any more.  I guess some folks are happy that we now have a superb stadium.  Some fans are happy that Bristol lads are now finding a path to the team.  If anyone is unhappy supporting a mid-table Championship team, they need to remind themselves of the many League One years.

This bit is true- I remember when we got relegated in 98/99 (my first season as it goes- great start)! it took us 8 long seasons to get out of League One. The varying managing styles of Pulis, Three Wise Men, Wilson, Tuition and GJ. Historically speaking, certainly post 1980 this has been a pretty good period.

The problem is his tactics are frequently questionable, his/the clubs' recruitment is IMO between 50-60% and his man-management also seems hit and miss. He also goes through streaks- be they good ones or bad ones, but streaks nonetheless which brings about a lot of frustration.

OTOH he made a good sub last night and to come back from behind and show fight in a battle- it was heartening. Maybe given the aforementioned streaks we will hit an unbeaten one again- impossible to tell under him. It's the reason though that I can't see us going down this season, but at the same time don't see much of a playoff push either. The reasons for the frustration IMO though are the stuff in the 2nd paragraph- added to which he often repeats the same errors.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Interesting the way your post went from a benign start  - 'fair play to you' and worked it's way up to quite a challenging and aggressive finish '(won't be) ...grovelling to know it alls to apologise.'

I never for one moment suggested I was a 'know it all', or that others should 'grovel' or in any way apologise, but I do stand by my statement LJ should never have been appointed in the first place, and for all the reasons often previously given.

When I said PF's post was 'sad' I meant it purely in the traditional sense - that it was sad his very genuine enthusiasm for LJ, and to an extent his his appointment, had seemingly now been dissipated to the point he posted such negative thoughts above. I also said the post was to his credit, especially as apparently in the present situation he has little enthusiasm to post about BCFC at all these days.

It was an 'interesting' post to the degree he has seemingly largely changed his mind, and therefore how similar might now apply to many other previously strong  LJ supporters where up until now they have stood by him..

I'm not going to rise to the bait further - arguing in numerous threads over the years with the likes of PF and yourself have left me drained on the subject, with little energy or enthusiasm to go over the same old arguments yet again.

And i actually care about Bristol City F.C., not who was 'right' or 'wrong' when it comes to exchanging views with strangers on a football forum.

Noggers, I agree we’ve been and yes, are tired of going round in circles, so let’s not. It’s interesting that you think I was trying to bait you - it’s a football forum, put a post out, you might get a reply. 

My original post wasn’t meant to be aggressive or challenging - I’m sorry you’ve read it that way. I guess my passion comes across as aggression sometimes.  But that last paragraph was in relation (as I said, not directly at you as such) to a number of posts I’ve read and I’ve had aimed at me, with an attitude of “I was right, you were wrong” regarding LJ. That is my general response to those.

You say that you don’t care about being right or wrong, yet in your post and subsequently again up in your reply, you felt the need to reiterate your position about LJ - which ‘reads’ very much as “I was right” to a stranger on a football forum.

Anyway, look I’m not looking for a fight, just explaining myself and thoughts, ultimately - as you say, we all want the best for BCFC.

I’ve just had to go for all the hassle of looking up my password/display name and logging in just so I could like this post. I’m sure there’s thousands of others like me who agree with this post but can’t be bothered to argue with the same old  posters. 

58 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah, 47 transfers, tens of millions of liability incurred and what do we have to show for it? Now that's what I call having one's hands tied.......

47 transfers in 5 windows is it- 2 things jump off the page there.

1) That is far too many.

2) Has LJ known how to get the best, a consistent level out of most of them? I'd suggest not.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

I see now....you're Lee's mum.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2) Has LJ known how to get the best, a consistent level out of most of them? I'd suggest not.

I think more apt is for most of them 'their best' would still be woefully inadequate at Championship level. Consistency should be a secondary consideration.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Kev,

We’re playing like cat shit. The form of the last few games will see us in the relegation mix. I don’t think he’s doing a good job. 

And the over reaction to beating relegation certainties Ipswich is baffling to me. 

I’d be so fickle to change my based on last night. 

Of course I wanted Lee to do well. I want all of our managers to do well. But he’s not doing well and I want him gone for the good of the club. 

:clap: I think Kev is after robboreds crown, fact is without the help of an own goal  we probably wouldn`t of beat the bottom team; LJ certainly fell on his feet last night.

38 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I think that this "we know our station, sire"  mentality is why City have had a century of grey porridge.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think more apt is for most of them 'their best' would still be woefully inadequate at Championship level. Consistency should be a secondary consideration.

I don't know though- players who have played in the Bundesliga, come through a Juventus system, play for reasonable international sides or have good experience of the top 2 divisions in this country aren't total duds in the main.

Hunt, Baker and Weimann have good experience of top 2 divisions in England. Kalas strong record at this level.

Hegeler has played Bundesliga, Magnússon has been in youth system at Juventus, Diedhiou he has done alright in France, Djuric done alright in Italy. Didn't O'Neil start alright too?

It isn't, hasn't been a stellar squad, but am suggesting that LJ's limitations don't help- be it tactically or man-management wise. Moreover quite a few of these players started alright but declined- can't solely be because they're duds can it?

29 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Just looking at the automatic and play offs at the moment

• Norwich - Farke, unproven championship manager
  • Leeds - Bielsa, very good manager but not 'championship proven'. We'd be unlikely to tempt someone of his calibre from abroad.
  • Middlesbrough - Pulis.... Do I need to answer this one?
  • West Brom - Darren Moore, unproven manager
  • Sheffield Utd - Wilder, not a proven championship manager
  • Forest - Karanka, took 3 seasons to get Middlesbrough promoted when they were considered among favourites to go up each time requiring big funds to do so, would City fans be so patient? Forest is only his 2nd job as manager.

Frank Lampard's Derby County in 7th as well

Recently promoted teams, Jokanovic only had 1 seasons management in Watford (albeit successful) before taking over at Fulham, Huddersfield plucked Wagner into his first role, Nuno Santo despite managing Valencia and Porto only stayed at each for one season and wasn't a success at Porto. You can say the likes of Hughton, Warnock etc have been promoted but my point is its a very mixed bag of the experience of managers who get their teams promoted and going for an experienced manager doesn't guarantee it, Bruce at Villa, Derby/Stoke with Rowett, various clubs appointing McClaren etc.

Personally don't believe its about getting a 'proven' manager, its about getting a manager who is the right fit for the club and their style fits the players we have/can establish it.

• Admin

A quick count up of goals and games this season, it looks like we are averaging a goal every 81.9 minutes, hardly edge of the seat stuff, worse, we are conceding one every 75 minutes, so they ratios aren't too far apart, would it not take much to pull those ratios around and reverse them, if not, it doesn't look good for the season end.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You honestly, seriously, in a division as tough as this, where far bigger/richer clubs than us are around, or below, us... where we are closer to the play offs than the relegation zone... you genuinely feel that is just cause for demanding that our manager be replaced...? 

That's slightly distorted as 6pts to top six and 5pts to bottom six could also apply as there are twice as many spaces at the top as the bottom. He got lucky last night and we are now play off contenders, ok if that's what you believe.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just looking at the automatic and play offs at the moment

• Norwich - Farke, unproven championship manager
  • Leeds - Bielsa, very good manager but not 'championship proven'. We'd be unlikely to tempt someone of his calibre from abroad.
  • Middlesbrough - Pulis.... Do I need to answer this one?
  • West Brom - Darren Moore, unproven manager
  • Sheffield Utd - Wilder, not a proven championship manager
  • Forest - Karanka, took 3 seasons to get Middlesbrough promoted when they were considered among favourites to go up each time requiring big funds to do so, would City fans be so patient? Forest is only his 2nd job as manager.

Frank Lampard's Derby County in 7th as well

Recently promoted teams, Jokanovic only had 1 seasons management in Watford (albeit successful) before taking over at Fulham, Huddersfield plucked Wagner into his first role, Nuno Santo despite managing Valencia and Porto only stayed at each for one season and wasn't a success at Porto. You can say the likes of Hughton, Warnock etc have been promoted but my point is its a very mixed bag of the experience of managers who get their teams promoted and going for an experienced manager doesn't guarantee it, Bruce at Villa, Derby/Stoke with Rowett, various clubs appointing McClaren etc.

Personally don't believe its about getting a 'proven' manager, its about getting a manager who is the right fit for the club and their style fits the players we have/can establish it.

Agree with this- its not always about a proven manager but the right manager. Real mixed bag as you say.

Wouldn't say no to someone like McCarthy though, at the same time though would we get a top manager? Can't say I'm in the 'LJ Out' camp but he definitely has limitations and more worryingly doesn't seem to improve on them.

5 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

That's slightly distorted as 6pts to top six and 5pts to bottom six could also apply as there are twice as many spaces at the top as the bottom. He got lucky last night and we are now play off contenders, ok if that's what you believe.

Who said we were play off contenders..?! 

I was clearly illustrating that we were mid-table. Probably where we should be, in the pecking order. 

Can you really sack your manager for not exceeding expectations..?! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Who said we were play off contenders..?! 

I was clearly illustrating that we were mid-table. Probably where we should be, in the pecking order. 

Can you really sack your manager for not exceeding expectations..?! 

Ipswich :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Ipswich :ph34r:

Indeed! Perfect example and now they are in trouble. 

The people who aren’t happy with where we are under LJ, which is their right and they are entitled to feel that way, should just take a moment and think about who is available, realistic and will they actually assure us any addition progression than someone who knows the club inside out, actually cares and currently has as about where realistic expectations would dictate. 

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

I cannot describe how much I dislike this post.. Absolute horse shit doesn’t do it justice!! 

There’s no hope for this club when people like you continuously support a manager serving up complete and utter shit week in week out.. What is wrong with you? Do you enjoy this?

******* speechless!!!

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

I cannot describe how much I dislike this post.. Absolute horse shit doesn’t do it justice!! 

There’s no hope for this club when people like you continuously support a manager serving up complete and utter shit week in week out.. What is wrong with you? Do you enjoy this?

******* speechless!!!

No it's spot on and what alot of people agree with. I've said this on other threads. We are in a top top league, one of the best in the world. We are below budget for the league and we sell our best players for financial reasons. We have no given right to win any game or dominate any team, when there is better players on massive wages. We are mid table and will finish there. If city fans aren't happy with that your deluded!! Having been a season ticket for near on 30 years I can assure the younger supporters we have seen far far worse and in the lower leagues. Nevermind this brilliant exciting league!!! 

10 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

******* speechless!!!

Spot on , we don’t have to except total shit performances, lj has signed enough players to field 3 teams and not one of them would be any good, anybody who thinks the football on display for the majority of this year is anything other than dire , needs there head tested, Johnson out.

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Attention seeker.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know though- players who have played in the Bundesliga, come through a Juventus system, play for reasonable international sides or have good experience of the top 2 divisions in this country aren't total duds in the main.

Hunt, Baker and Weimann have good experience of top 2 divisions in England. Kalas strong record at this level.

Hegeler has played Bundesliga, Magnússon has been in youth system at Juventus, Diedhiou he has done alright in France, Djuric done alright in Italy. Didn't O'Neil start alright too?

It isn't, hasn't been a stellar squad, but am suggesting that LJ's limitations don't help- be it tactically or man-management wise. Moreover quite a few of these players started alright but declined- can't solely be because they're duds can it?

There's a right selection here.

Your first paragraph appears to reference at least two players who, how shall we say, only ever figured as bit part players, weren't fancied by WeeLee and departed even though they were better than the dross they were replaced by.

Para two - what's experience to do with talent? Hunt can't defend (his primary function we were told,) and Wiemann is much experienced in notching 4-5 a season (not what I'd call striker material.) Two centre halfs I'd no problem with, solid but not outstanding, though post Pearson's hatchet job on Kalas looks to me as though he's lost his nerve. Hegeler methinks to be an urban myth, somebody said they once saw him in North Street but I'm not so sure.

Para 3 the two D Lumps upfront did nothing abroad, much as they've done/did little here - so no surprises there. O'Neill was instrumental in keeping us up but not so good as to become surplus to requirements once he and Tomlin called WeeLee out for his over exaggerated opinion of himself and his managerial talents. Last two seasons there have been more sightings of Lucan than GoN.

Personally, I think WeeLee has an uncanny ability to rub anybody with talent, or anybody brave enough to point out they're miles better than ever he was, up the wrong way. He buys lots of players in his own likeness - short, limited, unambitious, non-creative runarounds. All space filler, no thriller.

Archived