IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

Another idiot living in dream land!! In this league unlike div one you will not dominate any team. You will not thrash any team, the league is tight and games will be scrappy!! Games will be won by brilliance or good finishing. Not many teams are dominating games or winning by a large margin.I'll also add we have not been thrashed. I'm sure alot of fans with bigger budgets and better players will be just as deluded as our supporters!! The most competitive league I have ever known! We are exactly where we should be in the league at present. After losing 3 top players and bedding in new players and getting the injured players back are doing OK. Certainly doesn't deserve the massive over reaction on this site!! 

13 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Spot on , we don’t have to except total shit performances, lj has signed enough players to field 3 teams and not one of them would be any good, anybody who thinks the football on display for the majority of this year is anything other than dire , needs there head tested, Johnson out.

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Another idiot living in dream land!! In this league unlike div one you will not dominate any team. You will not thrash any team, the league is tight and games will be scrappy!! Games will be won by brilliance or good finishing. Not many teams are dominating games or winning by a large margin.I'll also add we have not been thrashed. I'm sure alot of fans with bigger budgets and better players will be just as deluded as our supporters!! The most competitive league I have ever known! We are exactly where we should be in the league at present. After losing 3 top players and bedding in new players and getting the injured players back are doing OK. Certainly doesn't deserve the massive over reaction on this site!! 

12 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I’m no idiot mate , losing our best 3 players, the same 3 that played after Christmas and we were still shit, not expecting us to roll teams over , just to be half decent to watch and to be entertained will do me , we’re a poor side , don’t think our fans are deluded, just want to watch some decent football, the football since Christmas has been on the whole rubbish, Johnson out 

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

The quicker the absolute baffoon is sacked the better, incompetent mumbling joke of a manager

5 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Bloody good post. We sell our 3 best players and everyone expects us to be in the top 6. Deluded fools! If we finish anywhere between 10th and 16th we should all be happy. Think last night would have helped confidence and we have big players coming back to fitness. There is no reason why we can't go on a run of wins now. Always better against better teams so bring it on!!! 

Norwich sold Maddison and Pritchard (who I'd argue are better than the three we sold) and they're flying.

We're not the only team in our division to have sold their best players.

19 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’m no idiot mate , losing our best 3 players, the same 3 that played after Christmas and we were still shit, not expecting us to roll teams over , just to be half decent to watch and to be entertained will do me , we’re a poor side , don’t think our fans are deluded, just want to watch some decent football, the football since Christmas has been on the whole rubbish, Johnson out 

We have played well in parts of games, but that's my point there is two teams playing in a tight league and not one team will dominate a game for 90 minutes. I've watched plenty of championship football this year and can't say many teams dominate or entertain apart from maybe Leeds and villa. Look what they have spent on forward players and there wages. We're miles behind in terms of these players but yet we sit in a good position as it stands. A win Sunday and it could be 11 pts of relegation and 4/5 off play offs. City fans quick to get so negative but when we go on a run are silent. Enjoy the ride!! 

Just now, Bazooka Joe said:

Norwich sold Maddison and Pritchard (who I'd argue are better than the three we sold) and they're flying.

Yeah and look at there budget compared with ours. Huge!! Both wages and the transfer fees. Maddison went for how much? They put it back into there squad we're not currently in that financial position yet having lost millions every season!! 

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

We have played well in parts of games, but that's my point there is two teams playing in a tight league and not one team will dominate a game for 90 minutes. I've watched plenty of championship football this year and can't say many teams dominate or entertain apart from maybe Leeds and villa. Look what they have spent on forward players and there wages. We're miles behind in terms of these players but yet we sit in a good position as it stands. A win Sunday and it could be 11 pts of relegation and 4/5 off play offs. City fans quick to get so negative but when we go on a run are silent. Enjoy the ride!! 

Can’t enjoy watching crap , can you tell me our style of play ????

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

If you chuck in the Murphy's they made the best part of £60m off four players, or lost £60m worth of talent. They've seemingly just recruited well without pushing the boat out. No transfer over £3.5m in the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah and look at there budget compared with ours. Huge!! Both wages and the transfer fees. Maddison went for how much? They put it back into there squad we're not currently in that financial position yet having lost millions every season!! 

What's their budget ?

What's our budget ?

Genuine questions as I don't know such inside information.

15 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The quicker the absolute baffoon is sacked the better, incompetent mumbling joke of a manager

It makes you wonder what the hell SL was thinking of when he appointed a property speculator as a manager of a football club,i mean come on, if your child needed life saving surgery would you trust the local butcher to do the job,blame Sl ,Lee nice chap no doubt but will never in my opinion take this club forward

21 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Absolute load of nonsense, utter rubbish.  Have you forgot the semi-final cup run last season and the win over a strong Man Utd team?  I've never heard Lee mumble, that's a strange new criticism to level at the man.

Honestly, have we been relegated with Lee in charge?

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

What do you mean, the good of the club?  Things look pretty good where I'm sitting.  Yesterday was a crucial win, and we delivered, it wasn't just papering over the cracks it was stopping a rot that a few had already suggested could last 8 or 9 games.  As you know, Fordy, teams battling relegation are sometimes the toughest opposition you can face.

For now... though I wouldn't really class 4 losses on the trot and a (just about) win against relegation strugglers Ipswich "pretty good" from where i'm sitting.

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Can’t enjoy watching crap , can you tell me our style of play ????

Style of play. Style of play. That's all I ever here. We had a style of play last year, that worked for 4/5 months and then got found out. Each team has different strengths, whether that be physical, direct, intricate etc. Each game in this league is different. It's all about getting results. Look at Middlesbrough, they don't have a way of playing and are near the top. They just keep it tight and try and nick the game. Unfortunately we can't afford the type of players they have both defensively or attacking wise. Plus from a fans point of few is prob boring to watch like when pulis was here! We are exactly where we should be on our budget. That's the bottom line!! 

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Rough guess is that their wage budget will be a lot bigger than ours due to parachute payments

Fair comment - they get nothing this season though, and I guess the £40m the season after relegation was used to pay up contracts or sell off at a loss on some of the players who went down with them. £34m last season though.

Still no idea what our budget is mind...

@hodge @Loon plage

Norwich.

Their typical turnover at this level is about £30-35m and that's without parachute payments. No idea quite how it's so high!

Their wage budget will have been reduced and they should be FFP compliant in the 3 year rolling thing season because of taking tough decisions such as the big sales they made from Jan 2017. Their parachute payments are gone, but according to Kieran Maguire they had a one off cost of impairment of £12m last season- that means that their wage bill from those players down by £12m last year which all helps. They took tough decisions while the going was reasonable.

Now Stoke- if they don't go up by next season at the latest they are a club who will face a huge crunch. Possibly Middlesbrough too though they made good sales.

QPR unless they go up this season- it'll catch up with them, for Parachute Payments make up about maybe half their income.

Our turnover was last season £25m, dunno if it will be as high this year- probably in a typical year around £20-25m?

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Absolute load of nonsense, utter rubbish.  Have you forgot the semi-final cup run last season and the win over a strong Man Utd team?  I've never heard Lee mumble, that's a strange new criticism to level at the man.

Honestly, have we been relegated with Lee in charge?

Should have been rambling baffoon. I haven't forgotten the manure game, just like I haven't forgotten the absolute majority of shitvperformances he has served up. Get rid as fast as we can. Useless and way way out of his depth

6 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Style of play. Style of play. That's all I ever here. We had a style of play last year, that worked for 4/5 months and then got found out. Each team has different strengths, whether that be physical, direct, intricate etc. Each game in this league is different. It's all about getting results. Look at Middlesbrough, they don't have a way of playing and are near the top. They just keep it tight and try and nick the game. Unfortunately we can't afford the type of players they have both defensively or attacking wise. Plus from a fans point of few is prob boring to watch like when pulis was here! We are exactly where we should be on our budget. That's the bottom line!! 

Boro have definitely got a way of playing, and there bloody good at it , do you not think after signing 47 players we should, have a clear style, after all lj keeps going on about the project, and what about our identity, more lj bullshit, lj is not working on a shoestring budget, with what he’s spent we should be a little more cohesive, that last night was embarrassing 

6 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

For now... though I wouldn't really class 4 losses on the trot and a (just about) win against relegation strugglers Ipswich "pretty good" from where i'm sitting.

When I say things are looking pretty good I'm taking a look at the bigger picture - not just a month's worse of poor form.  We are growing in the Championship and building a solid base to one day attack for the Premier League.  The infrastructure of the club is evolving constantly, things are on the up.

7 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Boro have definitely got a way of playing, and there bloody good at it , do you not think after signing 47 players we should, have a clear style, after all lj keeps going on about the project, and what about our identity, more lj bullshit, lj is not working on a shoestring budget, with what he’s spent we should be a little more cohesive, that last night was embarrassing 

Last night was all about winning a football match. Needed for confidence. There are alot of teams that are struggling for consistent performance and results. Why, cause the league is so even and competitive. We are doing just fine and with big players coming back to form and fitness, there is no reason we can put some wins together. Are you happy with mid table this season or are you living in the dream world like most? If we had the budgets and parachute payments of  7/8 teams in this league we can expect alot more!! 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Last night was all about winning a football match. Needed for confidence. There are alot of teams that are struggling for consistent performance and results. Why, cause the league is so even and competitive. We are doing just fine and with big players coming back to form and fitness, there is no reason we can put some wins together. Are you happy with mid table this season or are you living in the dream world like most? If we had the budgets and parachute payments of  7/8 teams in this league we can expect alot more!! 

I’d be extactic with mid table with this clown in charge, what big players are coming back to form???,  can you tell me about our identity, lj keeps banging on about it , isn’t identity a style of play??

Fammys form. Proved last year he is good enough for this league and his record in this league is still very good.  Odowda when he gets rid of his injuries. Bailey Wright a big influence in the 17. Two fit keepers. And in the new year the biggest. Smith!! Massive loss! Identity doesn't necessarily mean a way of playing. He has said this year we can't play the high press as last year as don't have the players for it. This year we have changed our game to who we are playing. Some times it has worked ie shef United and others is hasnt like the horrendous performance against Preston, still sitting mid table I may add. Think with players coming back to form and injury we will get a more consistent performance!! 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

It hasn't been done too death, even today I read numerous posts still demanding LJ to be sacked.  I didn't post this after the match, ffs, my thread is because there has to be a time when all the usual suspects, who have made it perfectly clear they want LJ to leave at least a thousand times already, stop their relentless crusade and stop negatively slanting every single thread on here.  It is boring.  I read just as much rubbish aimed towards Lee today I have after a defeat.

The fact is, despite how it happened, City won last night, and still Lee Johnson receives no credit from his army of doubters.

He was credited for half of last season and the build up to the League Cup Semi’s and rightly so. However, after that Wolves defeat at home on December 30th 2017, we’ve been on a downward spiral which essentially has been relegation form. 

We wasted the January transfer window and from that time, we never really recovered from the poor form and mistakes. 

Results dipped and soon the performances followed. Since the Brentford game at home last season, I haven’t seen a game plan from LJ. To this day, I still haven’t seen one, and that’s a long time in football. 

The only possible time this season was away at Swansea. 

His credibility as City coach is slowly disappearing. We’ve been poor for the majority of the last 10 months, surely you can see that?

15 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

The League is not competitive. The standard is piss poor but the turnover because of tv Money make it importnat to the zero knowledge middle class assholes  

Archived