IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

Just now, keynshamred said:

We are 14th in the league as it stands. Unfortunately dont how to send the link. ? This consists of turnover, parachute payments etc. Prob about the same in terms of crowds and gate receipts!! 

So, what is our budget for the playing side - how much have we got to spend on transfer fees, wages, signing on fees etc? 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

We are 14th in the league as it stands. Unfortunately dont how to send the link. ? This consists of turnover, parachute payments etc. Prob about the same in terms of crowds and gate receipts!! 

If we finish exactly where are budget says we should finish doesn’t that mean lj is incapable of getting average players any better.

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Just copy and paste the link from your browser.  Or just type it out, isn’t tricky.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Someone better tell that to SL because he’s expecting more.  The expectations come from the owners own mouth, so time to deliver.

Well go ahead then lansdown. Its his call, if he doesn't think mid table after selling your best players isnt good enough then go ahead sack him. Can't see him doing that myself! Unless he gives Johnson ten million In Jan and he goes and gets a top striker in the Bobby mould. Then he would have every right to get rid of things didn't improve! 

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

If we finish exactly where are budget says we should finish doesn’t that mean lj is incapable of getting average players any better.

Just says he has done a good job!! So why would you sack someone doing a good job? . If the budget is upped then city fans have every right to then moan!! 

Hopefully your right....... LJ did get praise from the highlighted managers your very right for the 1 off games but he actually has more admires at Chelsea and Arsenal to the point before he joined us from Barnsley Arsenal considered him for there youth development but I understand he fell short in the process so i guess we we're the next step up in his career but doesn't mean this step is now a step to big in our expectations.

Yeah if you want to call it average. But would you sack him on average? This year is about consolidation after losing these players. Like I said it's up to the club the next step we want to take. Spend big or stay the same. Even without spending big this team now we'll be better next year! But if you want to aim at top 6 we need to spend 15/20 million like other clubs have!! Shef United have done really well I have to say, but think like us last year will eventually get found out!! 

32 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I've heard other managers say he is highly rated. Last year had so much respect from Pep and Jose. why do you think Chelsea lend us Tammy as he knew he would be well coached and looked after. Tammy thought the world of Johnson as well and he will go on and become some player!! 

Who has gone public in their praise in 2018 ? Genuine question again.

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah if you want to call it average. But would you sack him on average? This year is about consolidation after losing these players. Like I said it's up to the club the next step we want to take. Spend big or stay the same. Even without spending big this team now we'll be better next year! But if you want to aim at top 6 we need to spend 15/20 million like other clubs have!! Shef United have done really well I have to say, but think like us last year will eventually get found out!! 

I’d sack him , for absolute shit football, and for talking bollocks in every interview he does, we’re going backwards, the football on display last night, especially first half was embarrassing, something is not right within the team, , lj is a chancer, he does manage to suck some people in with his bullshit, others can see through it .

The way I see it is fairly simple.

Like many others, I've supported City and been mostly a ST holder for over 30 years, but..

I have never seen the club so divided;

I don't look forward to going to the Gate at all, the football is negative and I'm bored;

I believe we could get far more from these players with a better Manager or Coach;

Our recruitment of players have been terrible for some time and we have most certainly gone backwards;

We got out of jail at Ipswich, terrible side who are going down.

Finally, I believe there are fortunately worse sides in this division and believe we will not go down, we will miss SL's need to improve once again though!!

48 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

He has admitted to mistakes and he is young. He is rated very highly by fellow managers, pros and pundits. We are where we should be after losing 3 big players. We will finish mid table this year and if city fans aren't happy with that there deluded. Next summer the board need to sit down and decide to use the money from this summer or carry on a mid table team. I for one will be happy to be an established champ team for the foreseeable future, rather than watching div one crap football. City fans just need to get real and be thankful we are 34th in the country. Look at some clubs in div one with bigger crowds etc. They would cry out to be in our position right now! 

Rated highly, don’t you mean ‘Was’ rated highly? The bloke doesn’t know his arse from his elbow!!

Reddogkev - Reactionary bullshit with the mentality of a child. Take stock and look at the situation over LJ time as a whole, we have fluctuated in extremes in form, recruited badly and wasted a lot of money, still no set team, tactics or consistency with regards to philosophy or way to play. Enough is enogh, time has run out as has many peoples patience. 

2 minutes ago, PFree said:

The way I see it is fairly simple.

Like many others, I've supported City and been mostly a ST holder for over 30 years, but..

I have never seen the club so divided;

I don't look forward to going to the Gate at all, the football is negative and I'm bored;

I believe we could get far more from these players with a better Manager or Coach;

Our recruitment of players have been terrible for some time and we have most certainly gone backwards;

We got out of jail at Ipswich, terrible side who are going down.

Finally, I believe there are fortunately worse sides in this division and believe we will not go down, we will miss SL's need to improve once again though!!

Contradiction. Quote. 'I believe another manager/ coach could get more out of these players' . Then quote 'our recruitment of players has been dire for some time' . As I've said a few times. There isn't alot of quality football being played by a majority of teams. There is not much between the teams this season and this is why you see alot of close games, winning by good finishing or brilliance!! Unfortunately we haven't taken alot of chances and have got punished. Could have quite easily had another 5/6 more points if we had.its a Solid league ffs!! 

42 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah we will. I will look forward to our next chat in 2/3 months. This team now will not get relegated and my prediction is we will finish between 12/15. Exactly where we should be with our budget, new players and the standard of this solid league!! 

What is our budget ? Apologies if you answered that earlier.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's not football. Slow motion football perhaps. Boring shit.

I enjoy your posts and I think it's great you come ocver for games- I mean us of all teams!!

That said, noticed it but you often criticise City?

Yeah, last season until Christmas, plus the Cup run- so boring wasn't it??

Smith and Bryan putting Man Utd to the sword, Reid's mix of goals, technique and extreme workrate, Flint's leadership- Bryan and his wonder goals. Boring eh!

Could go on- the way Paterson and Reid dovetailed, the compactness and tactical intelligence of the 4-4-1-1, to say nothing of the pace. Paterson's Flint assisted goal v Boro stands out as a great counter attacking goal, something we've not always been so good at- from their free kick in our third.

5 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Contradiction. Quote. 'I believe another manager/ coach could get more out of these players' . Then quote 'our recruitment of players has been dire for some time' . As I've said a few times. There isn't alot of quality football being played by a majority of teams. There is not much between the teams this season and this is why you see alot of close games, winning by good finishing or brilliance!! Unfortunately we haven't taken alot of chances and have got punished. Could have quite easily had another 5/6 more points if we had.its a Solid league ffs!! 

Not a contradiction at all, many recently signed players can't make the first team, the more experienced, longer serving players are better than the they are showing due to poor strategy, tactics, a different side every week etc., 

5 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

I cannot describe how much I dislike this post.. Absolute horse shit doesn’t do it justice!! 

There’s no hope for this club when people like you continuously support a manager serving up complete and utter shit week in week out.. What is wrong with you? Do you enjoy this?

******* speechless!!!

There's no hope for this club when people like you (and Bri Stool City) continuously moan week in week out..

We have had some bad games, but we have also had good

Was the Stoke game utter shit? 

Was the Blackburn game utter shit?

What about Swansea?

I don't remember you saying a lot at this time last year.

I wonder why!

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Reddogkev - Reactionary bullshit with the mentality of a child. Take stock and look at the situation over LJ time as a whole, we have fluctuated in extremes in form, recruited badly and wasted a lot of money, still no set team, tactics or consistency with regards to philosophy or way to play. Enough is enogh, time has run out as has many peoples patience. 

Bloody hell, where'd you pop up from all of a sudden? I thought I had sparred with most of the main contenders on this thread, and then out pops Super Bloody Mario talking shite!  I don't know why time has now all of a sudden ran out for Lee, is this the last season for City?  After this season, are we being barred from ever possibly being promoted?  What's with this ticking clock of time for Lee?  It seems there is a general hurry to win promotion from the Championship or try to show the same form that Lee himself created last season, before the unexpected drop off in fortunes?

I can take stock of the situation in seconds, it isn't complex and has been spelt out on this thread countless times, we have sold our main talent and lost Korey Smith, plus have had to deal with the loss of form of players like C'OD, Baker, and Diedhiou to an extent.  People who have lost patience must ask themselves what they want from City.  The aim at the moment is to be competitive in the Championship.  We need to see where we finish at the end of this season, it is ludicrous to suggest Lee should be sacked mid-term - unless we look like being relegated - which we categorically do not.

4 minutes ago, PFree said:

Not a contradiction at all, many recently signed players can't make the first team, the more experienced, longer serving players are better than the they are showing due to poor strategy, tactics, a different side every week etc., 

Who are you talking about when you say many experienced players can't make the first team? 

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

There's no hope for this club when people like you (and Bri Stool City) continuously moan week in week out..

What about Swansea?

I wonder why!

Quality post, well said.

5 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

What about Swansea?

I wonder why!

Thought Sheffield United too, was a tactical battle v a good side that we won and Forest a good opening game.

Would say though, Stoke? 2nd half sure we played well and were unlucky, but as a whole possibly not.

Overall though, a lot of concerns are valid IMO.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To me it was. I used to leave AG after a win not feeling a buzz but a feeling of “now the hell did we win that?”......

It wasn't anything to do with your relationship (or non-relationship) with the manager by any chance?

:dunno:

When I post on this topic it tends to be in defence of LJ but that doesn’t mean he’s bulletproof as far as I am concerned - nobody is - but it really has seemed like people had the knives out for him from the day his appointment was announced. 

The crunch time for me will be end of December/early January. SL will need to make a decision on whether to ‘stick or twist’ because if he leaves it any later then there would not be enough time for a replacement manager to impose his regime. 

Right now I think sacking LJ would be riskier than keeping him. We are mid-table and, yes, performances have been inconsistent, but I believe that firing him at this stage would thrust us straight back into the unknown. 

If we are struggling immediately after Christmas then yes, but right now, no - there is half the league worse off than we are.  

8 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, as i've been an advocate of LJ. 

I'll start this post by saying - he hasn't been sacked yet. A win against Millwall and we could be back in the top 10, which has us back 'on, or even above (below if you play golf) par' and the circus continues....

But i'll say this - hindsight is a wonderful thing - I know you and others had stayed strong in your views about LJ, fair play to you. But you couldn't have predicted the outcome of his time here, even when you talk about his past and the way in which he was appointed.

What do Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez and Antonio Conte have in common - well one (of a few things I guess) is they all suffered relegations in their early years of management. Either Rafa or Arsene had 2 quickly, IIRC. Something LJ has, despite the negativity, not suffered yet. If they hadn't been given another chance on the back of that, 3 very successful careers might not have happened. Just a reference to hindsight.

(This bit isn't just directed at you specifically, but i've read elsewhere too) If @Phileas Fogg or myself, or anyone else who have supported LJ now believes he has gone as far as he can, or should be sacked - it doesn't mean we have come round to other's way of thinking (seen the light) it might just might mean, up to now, league positions, progress, other factors, haven't warranted his sacking, in their opinion. In football things can change very quickly, that isn't "sad" as you put it. 

You say that LJ was never likely to and hasn't succeeded....well i'm sorry, but in my opinion he has succeeded in many ways. He succeeded in a way that one of our best recent managers, SC couldn't. He staved off relegation, that was a success. He has lead us to successive higher placed finishes in the league. He led us to our best showing in the league cup. These are facts. I won't start on the other ways, on and off the pitch he may have been a success, developing and blooding youngsters, for example, as that could be classed as an opinion.

So if and when I, or someone else, believes LJ should be sacked, it doesn't mean that for a second that they should come grovelling to the "know it all's" to apologise because he should never have been appointed in the first place, because I still stand by the opinion that that statement is wrong.

He has also never achieved a promotion so the question every City fan needs to ask them self is are you happy to just be a mid table team or do we want to push on to promotion contenders as I believe we will never achieve this with LJ as he is just too inconsistent and does not learn fast enough

25 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

What about Swansea?

I wonder why!

Ahhh piss off.... I bet you do t even watch us you fool!!!

Archived