IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

To finish in comfortable mid table, we need around sixty points. So at present, with 25 points from 19 matches, we are just a bit down on the 1.3 points per match to achieve this. So, anyone looking at the current table without any other information, would assume we are comfortably on course.

So then we consider that in the last two full seasons, we had a very dismal run of four months with very poor points return.

And then look at the points gained in our last twelve games which is 25% of a season. 11 points out of 36. Nowhere near the 1.3 pts per game.

The point I keep repeating is that, while we all feel a great sense of relief at last night's win, we are still in a dismal run of form and we'll be up against much better sides than this seasons Ipswich.

We need significant improvement in form and point gathering to remain comfortably mid table.

We won at the bottom club, who have to be said were crap.

This is Followed by five pages of dross. If LJ had lost yesterday and on Sunday he would have been in a very precarious position. However he now has some extra time to sort it out....Hope he does, but if he doesn't then so be it.

We have been awful at times this season and no amount of nah nah nah nah nah, changes that one way or another. Results in 2018 speak for themselves, LJ, MA, SL uncle Tom cobblie and all know this, so I can never understand, this constant abuse and mind numbing rhetoric about LJ lovers/haters. He stands on his record and his record alone, the rest is just bullshit!  

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously this is a classic RDK reaction thread and I know you're looking for bites, but I don't agree with your point and felt compelled to reply.

Clearly the macro factors you mention have to be factored in, of course losing Reid, Bryan and Flint and not being given the funds to replace them is a huge ask. Of course it's not ideal circumstances for a manager to achieve instant success.

The impression I get from the mood of the fans is that the concerns aren't just the form. It's the lack of identity in our play, the fact we look toothless at times.. then the factor that Johnson is infamous for these streaks of form.

The other - and perhaps most worrying thing - is that it all feels a bit stale. People don't feel very excited about this season, i'm certainly not. I actually feel a bit apathetic about it - I've barely posted in months. I can live with mid-table - it's probably about right for a club of our level at the moment, but I just feel a bit bored.

I also like Johnson, I think he's a good man and would love him to succeed. I just don't really have faith in him at the moment - all that nonsense about players 'needing a cuddle' - it just grates. I can't think how on earth that would be motivational or reassuring to professional athletes.

I question whether people will take him seriously as a leader too; I see the need for technology in our training and am glad we're embracing it but I do wonder if he over-complicates and confuses the players. Some of the stuff he comes out with I can imagine the players eyes just glazing over.

I hope he and the team can change my mind, but I just have lots of doubts at the moment. I get the impression this is a view shared by lots of people, even those that fundamentally like Johnson.

Classic RDK

I am bored of watching my team and uninspired by the prospect of getting off my sofa Sunday to watch what will probably be  another dour affair.

I wish I cared enough to hate/love LJ and join a side but the apathy has gripped to the level I can’t even be bothered to finish this sent

40 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

He has also never achieved a promotion so the question every City fan needs to ask them self is are you happy to just be a mid table team or do we want to push on to promotion contenders as I believe we will never achieve this with LJ as he is just too inconsistent and does not learn fast enough

If only it was a simple as that!

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

@reddogkev is that pro LJ post one of, if not, the most liked post this week??

That’s a turn up for the books! 

19 hours ago, Super said:

The main problem this season is the lack of attacking threat in a lot of games which obviously results in a painful watch.

You’ve hit the nail on the head.

Too many times we amble up the pitch trying to overload the midfield. We pause  two thirds of the way to play intricate triangles trying to find the space for that killer pass. When we get to the edge of the box the opposition have had an age to assemble 2 rows of 4 in front of us  defending easily. By now many of their defenders will be facing the attack and not facing their own keeper, exactly how they would prefer to be defending.

We then loose the ball, three passes later they are one on one in our box having been attacked with a bit of pace and the ability to go past a player.

Once you recognise this pattern of play you start becoming very frustrated

Later that evening you watch the championship highlights as team after team attack with pace whipping balls into empty boxes to be smashed in by attackers with the odd defender trailing in their wake!

Very frustrating!

Lets be honest about this: The form we are in, the dire football we are playing, tactic less, shapeless, gutless and clueless, the terrible recruitment of players only bringing in cheaper players,  any other manager would have been sacked before now However because LJ used to play for us and he is genuinely a nice bloke and loves our club people seem to want him to stay and are happy to put up with this rubbish. 

22 minutes ago, westonred said:

Lets be honest about this: The form we are in, the dire football we are playing, tactic less, shapeless, gutless and clueless, the terrible recruitment of players only bringing in cheaper players,  any other manager would have been sacked before now However because LJ used to play for us and he is genuinely a nice bloke and loves our club people seem to want him to stay and are happy to put up with this rubbish. 

Let's get a new manager in then, like the countless others ones we've had in the last 20 odd years. That's really worked hasn't it? They will then want there own players, there own staff there own methods etc etc. In the last 3/4 years we have become an established championship club. Yes not always amazing to watch in a very hard league but established. I'd much rather be watching championship football every week than taking a risk with a new man and ending up going backwards. Which I may add has happened before. Now on the other hand if we get a chairman that wants to break the bank and risk us going deep into debt then that's different. Go get a big name that's spenda big. As it stands we are a stable club building gradually towards our dream. Don't rock the boat as it hasn't worked in the past has it???? It's not always about now now now in football.  Some supporters need to realise how hard this league is and how competitive it is. That's the bottom line and why so people are so naive!! 

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Let's get a new manager in then, like the countless others ones we've had in the last 20 odd years. That's really worked hasn't it? They will then want there own players, there own staff there own methods etc etc. In the last 3/4 years we have become an established championship club. Yes not always amazing to watch in a very hard league but established. I'd much rather be watching championship football every week than taking a risk with a new man and ending up going backwards. Which I may add has happened before. Now on the other hand if we get a chairman that wants to break the bank and risk us going deep into debt then that's different. Go get a big name that's spenda big. As it stands we are a stable club building gradually towards our dream. Don't rock the boat as it hasn't worked in the past has it???? It's not always about now now now in football.  Some supporters need to realise how hard this league is and how competitive it is. That's the bottom line and why so people are so naive!! 

So what your sayings is keep things the same Well we wont be a championship club much longer if we carry on like this. It is part and parcel of the game to change managers when they are preforming badly I would not like to be like Leeds who seemed to change ever 6 months however they seem to have got the right guy in now so  we should do the same  

26 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Absolutely top trolling by the OP

World class wind-up.

6 pages of nibbles, I doff my hat to you Sir.

???

No nibbles mate, there is still thousands of fans that can see why Johnson is still our manager. I know alot and they won't come on here cause of the idiots. These idiots are always the same people and it makes it out to be alot that want him out. Well we are sitting mid table and with a win Sunday will be nearer the play offs than relegation. Forums are just for people to have a moan, not what the true fan base want!!

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

No nibbles mate, there is still thousands of fans that can see why Johnson is still our manager. I know alot and they won't come on here cause of the idiots. These idiots are always the same people and it makes it out to be alot that want him out. Well we are sitting mid table and with a win Sunday will be nearer the play offs than relegation. Forums are just for people to have a moan, not what the true fan base want!!

Excuse me mate i have followed City for over 50 years and you are saying im an Idiot and not a true fan because i want a change for the better I had supported LJ up to now but its time for a change thats from a True Supporter CTID

12 minutes ago, westonred said:

So what your sayings is keep things the same Well we wont be a championship club much longer if we carry on like this. It is part and parcel of the game to change managers when they are preforming badly I would not like to be like Leeds who seemed to change ever 6 months however they seem to have got the right guy in now so  we should do the same  

Leeds. You can hardly compare us to Leeds. They are a massive club compared to us. Fan base, budget on players, wages etc. We are still a smallish club in this league and have no right to be anywhere near the top 6. Mid table is where we should be and where we will finish under Johnson. Win Sunday we're 10/11 pts clear. This team will not go down!! We've got big players coming back now from injuries and form.

What happens if we change our manager like we've done over the last twenty years and he gets it wrong and we go backwards? Be careful what you wish for!! I've been a season tickets holder for 28 years and we have had alot of clueless muppets in charge. Johnson ain't one of those. He is an up and coming coach and he will get better. We can afford to be patient and in the mean time city fans just need to enjoy the league we are in!! 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Leeds. You can hardly compare us to Leeds. They are a massive club compared to us. Fan base, budget on players, wages etc. We are still a smallish club in this league and have no right to be anywhere near the top 6. Mid table is where we should be and where we will finish under Johnson. Win Sunday we're 10/11 pts clear. This team will not go down!! We've got big players coming back now from injuries and form.

What happens if we change our manager like we've down over the last twenty years and he gets it wrong and we go backwards? Be careful what you wish for!! I've been a season tickets holder for 28 years and we have had alot of clueless muppets in charge. Johnson ain't one of those. He is an up and coming coach and he will get better. We can afford to be patient and in the mean time city fans just need to enjoy the league we are in!! 

So your saying never change your manager just incase you go down. Football is a gamble you must risk these things.

I wasn't comparing us to the size of Leeds i was using them as a example of getting in a good manager I bet Huddersfield fans thought that bringing in an unknown David Wagner was a big risk and look how that paid off   

15 minutes ago, westonred said:

Excuse me mate i have followed City for over 50 years and you are saying im an Idiot and not a true fan because i want a change for the better I had supported LJ up to now but its time for a change thats from a True Supporter CTID

You as a true supporter have seen the muppets im on about then? Apart from the Johnsons what other manager have you seen that have done well for us in the last 30 years. None, Gary nearly got us in the prem and Lee has made us an established champ club. Prob getting on for the longest we've stayed in this league in that time. So we go and get a new manager. He turns out to be awful, we change again in 6 months and we end up going backwards yet again. There comes a time that we just need to stick by someone and build. This is the time and the man to do it!! 

7 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Amazing how most want him out yet one win against a god awful side and a post like this rears its ugly head

Yup, people need to understand we didn’t win because we were good. We were just less shit than Ipswich (even gifted an og) 

LJ hasn’t ‘turned it around’ we just finally found someone in worse form than us 

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

So your saying never change your manager just incase you go down. Football is a gamble you must risk these things.

I wasn't comparing us to the size of Leeds i was using them as a example of getting in a good manager I bet Huddersfield fans thought that bringing in an unknown David Wagner was a big risk and look how that paid off   

Lansdown has gone down that road of change change change. Risk risk risk.. Where did it get us? We can't compete financially with these teams. The biggest risk for us to go up is braking the bank with wages and transfer fees. That will be the only way to get to the prem. Personally I dont want to risk going bust for it. Do you? Big managers won't want to come here with low budgets!! 

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

You as a true supporter have seen the muppets im on about then? Apart from the Johnsons what other manager have you seen that have done well for us in the last 30 years. None, Gary nearly got us in the prem and Lee has made us an established champ club. Prob getting on for the longest we've stayed in this league in that time. So we go and get a new manager. He turns out to be awful, we change again in 6 months and we end up going backwards yet again. Therw comes a time that we just need to stick by someone and build. This is the time and the man to do it!! 

Thats a bit Harsh on Cotts the only manager since I've supported City to win the league and do the double in the same season 

Archived