IGNORED

Enough of all this Johnson out Rubbish

reddogkev

26 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Would rather have 'fans' like you OUT.

Why..because i have a opinion that differs to yours,ever heard of freedom of speech or do you want to put a gagging order on anybody with a different  view to you, i know round us all up and send us to a work camp, that will teach us dissenters.

why

1 hour ago, Super said:

Ipswich did draw at home to Villa and Norwich and only lost by a goal to WBA the other night. Yes we can obviously play better but last night was surely all about the result.

It was all about the result until we got the result, and so for the boo boys it then became about the performance as well.  Dread to think what would've happened if we'd played well...their poor little heads would've imploded!

As it is, yes, we got lucky that we were the less shit of two shit teams last night, but sometimes it takes that little bit of luck to turn the tide.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Who said anything about anyone expecting us to be top six? I’ve said for a long while now that I just expect us to not be shit. 

The last time we played well was second half versus West Brom and that was only half a game. Since then; shit, shit, shit, shit, shit  

I genuinely can’t think of the last time we had a decent 90 minutes. Man Utd perhaps?

LJ lost Flint, Bryan and Reid. They’d have been a massive loss to anyone. However, firstly, they weren’t assets created by him - there is an argument that Reid might be, but he wasn’t brought to the club by Johnson and I suspect there was more than a smidge of luck in his transformation to striker rather than judgement.  Secondly, Johnson has had more than enough resources to replace them. More than any other manager by absolutely miles. 

The question now is, who else can by the next player sold on at a massive profit? I can pretty much guarantee you that it’ll be Lloyd Kelly - again - not a player brought in by Johnson. And having watched Lloyd I would expect that he’d have excelled under Stevie Wonder as coach. 

In short, we’re not progressing any longer under Johnson. The alarm bells are loud and clear on that. And I don’t see why we should be punished any further because of chance win at the worst team this league has seen in many years. 

? Stevie Wonder :laugh: Cracked me up. Nice one Fordy62.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Ipswich did draw at home to Villa and Norwich and only lost by a goal to WBA the other night. Yes we can obviously play better but last night was surely all about the result.

It was the result and nothing else. Hopefully we will gain some confidence and following it up is key. What Johnson needs to do imo is ditch the bloody Bingo Ball selection, pick a best 11 based on what he saw last night and stick with it for a few matches.

Start of the season from memory a majority of fans were happy to think we'd be mid table or achieving SL's apparent hope of finishing above 12th. Well we're 2 points away from that. I appreciate the football hasn't been the best this season but ultimately its a results based job so if LJ achieves 11th or better he'll have achieved the goal, should we beat Millwall we could likely be back in the top 11. If we were playing fantastic looking football but hovering around the relegation zone would fans be happy? Of course not. Lord help whoever does eventually replace LJ because if they're not regularly top 10 playing attractive football the same fans should in theory be calling for them to be sacked as well. 

58 minutes ago, Fuber said:

His hands are tied by FFP. Not SL.

At the end of the day LJ has spunked £30m on players worse than the ones already at the club's over his three years in charge.

Baker, Djuric, Engvall, Tomlin, Magnússon, Wright, Baker, Pisano, Golbourne, and many, many others. It all adds up.

"Hand tied by SL". Gimme a break Reddog, I usually find your comments quite fair, but that's quite wide of the mark.

You forgot Baker... 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Where did you expect us to be now after selling our three best players ?

I wish people would stop peddling the "3 best players" excuse

We have been shit since January when these super players were all still here !

Just now, steveybadger said:

I wonder if part of the general malaise is the lack of goals (and flair?). LJ did say focus after last year was improving defending, and currently we have joint 6 th best goals conceded. If rather than 14th best goals scored we had 6th best, would this make a difference? 

6th best goals for is Preston on 31, so if we had the same we'd have a GD of +8 not 0. Currently the teams with that kind of GD are sitting between 5th and 8th. So yes, it probably would make a very real difference.

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Picking up lots of points along the way does help if not so pleasing on the eye 

Being shit and not picking up many points is completely different 

Absolutely spot on. 

Im delighted someone else can see what I said all along.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Well in this ‘bloody difficult league’ are those teams I’ve just mentioned, on similar or in most cases greater resources, all around or below us in the league. So it is relevant to the statement about how tough our league is.

Last season it was Preston and Brentford - showing us how to run clubs, better recruitment, better coaching, etc etc.

Oh wait we can’t use them now. 

OK now it’s Sheffield United.

See the theme - for everyone of those clubs are a Villa, Stoke, Hull, Reading, Wednesday, Derby, Forest, Leeds etc etc. All with far greater pedigree and history who are showing how easy it is to get it wrong in this division, even in some cases with massive budgets.

To reiterate: "and a former player, who cares about the club". Hence the Sheffield Utd comparison. It was presented as a factor. All your other examples don't have the former player aspect which is being offered by the OP as relevant. Merely opening debate based upon a proffered premise.

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, as i've been an advocate of LJ. 

I'll start this post by saying - he hasn't been sacked yet. A win against Millwall and we could be back in the top 10, which has us back 'on, or even above (below if you play golf) par' and the circus continues....

But i'll say this - hindsight is a wonderful thing - I know you and others had stayed strong in your views about LJ, fair play to you. But you couldn't have predicted the outcome of his time here, even when you talk about his past and the way in which he was appointed.

What do Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez and Antonio Conte have in common - well one (of a few things I guess) is they all suffered relegations in their early years of management. Either Rafa or Arsene had 2 quickly, IIRC. Something LJ has, despite the negativity, not suffered yet. If they hadn't been given another chance on the back of that, 3 very successful careers might not have happened. Just a reference to hindsight.

(This bit isn't just directed at you specifically, but i've read elsewhere too) If @Phileas Fogg or myself, or anyone else who have supported LJ now believes he has gone as far as he can, or should be sacked - it doesn't mean we have come round to other's way of thinking (seen the light) it might just might mean, up to now, league positions, progress, other factors, haven't warranted his sacking, in their opinion. In football things can change very quickly, that isn't "sad" as you put it. 

You say that LJ was never likely to and hasn't succeeded....well i'm sorry, but in my opinion he has succeeded in many ways. He succeeded in a way that one of our best recent managers, SC couldn't. He staved off relegation, that was a success. He has lead us to successive higher placed finishes in the league. He led us to our best showing in the league cup. These are facts. I won't start on the other ways, on and off the pitch he may have been a success, developing and blooding youngsters, for example, as that could be classed as an opinion.

So if and when I, or someone else, believes LJ should be sacked, it doesn't mean that for a second that they should come grovelling to the "know it all's" to apologise because he should never have been appointed in the first place, because I still stand by the opinion that that statement is wrong.

Interesting the way your post went from a benign start  - 'fair play to you' and worked it's way up to quite a challenging and aggressive finish '(won't be) ...grovelling to know it alls to apologise.'

I never for one moment suggested I was a 'know it all', or that others should 'grovel' or in any way apologise, but I do stand by my statement LJ should never have been appointed in the first place, and for all the reasons often previously given.

When I said PF's post was 'sad' I meant it purely in the traditional sense - that it was sad his very genuine enthusiasm for LJ, and to an extent his his appointment, had seemingly now been dissipated to the point he posted such negative thoughts above. I also said the post was to his credit, especially as apparently in the present situation he has little enthusiasm to post about BCFC at all these days.

It was an 'interesting' post to the degree he has seemingly largely changed his mind, and therefore how similar might now apply to many other previously strong  LJ supporters where up until now they have stood by him..

I'm not going to rise to the bait further - arguing in numerous threads over the years with the likes of PF and yourself have left me drained on the subject, with little energy or enthusiasm to go over the same old arguments yet again.

And i actually care about Bristol City F.C., not who was 'right' or 'wrong' when it comes to exchanging views with strangers on a football forum.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

arguing in numerous threads over the years with the likes of PF and yourself have left me drained on the subject, with little energy or enthusiasm to go over the same old arguments yet again.

I genuinely didn't realise there was any bad feeling between us, apologies if our debates have left you drained!

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

6th best goals for is Preston on 31, so if we had the same we'd have a GD of +8 not 0. Currently the teams with that kind of GD are sitting between 5th and 8th. So yes, it probably would make a very real difference.

Sure, but what I was getting at was whether people might be happier if we'd scored And conceded 8 more,   I.e no more points but more entertainment?

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wish people would stop peddling the "3 best players" excuse

We have been shit since January when these super players were all still here !

I'd suggest that with the sole exception of Aden Flint, the other two's heads were "elsewhere" and their commitment to City's cause was less than it could or should have been

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'd suggest that with the sole exception of Aden Flint, the other two's heads were "elsewhere" and their commitment to City's cause was less than it could or should have been

All three wanted to leave....two of them to PL clubs and what Championship player would turn that kind of move down?

Flint wanted to move because he felt he’d have a better chance of reaching the PL with Boro than City - and who can blame him - not forgetting the signing on fee with all three of course.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't strong enough with my thread a few days ago, now I will be.  I can't stand all this Johnson Out Crap.

The man is the Bristol City manager and a former player, who cares about the club; he deserves more respect and class then a few on here are showing him.

Leave the man alone and support the City.  Get down there on Sunday and cheer the lads to (hopefully) another win.

I'm not a happy clapper, I just honestly feel LJ is doing a good job in a bloody difficult league, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

I'm in bullish mood today, so if anyone wants to row about LJ, let's ave it on here!

Do you always post with a reaction? It’s been done to death about LJ, we’ve all said what we have thought over the past few weeks/months.

We don’t need a telling off from you, and feel the need to tell us we need to get behind him.

We were very poor again last night, so I wouldn’t lap this win up because it could have been a League One game. Result was key but again the performance wasn’t there and hasn’t been for months now.

Don’t post this nonsense again on Sunday if Diedhiou scores a last minute winner off his bellend.

23 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Sure, but what I was getting at was whether people might be happier if we'd scored And conceded 8 more,   I.e no more points but more entertainment?

OK, I must have misunderstood. In reply to that question - yeh people probably would be feeling a tad better.  I'd say in particular it's the lack of home goals that have probably fuelled the discontent.

Away from home we've had a last minute winner v Brentford, a 3-0 win at QPR, 3-2 last night, high scoring losses at West Brom and Reading, plus the performance of the season at Swansea. At home it's really only the 4-1 Blackburn game that stands out as at least being exciting. In fact that is the only time this season that we've scored more than once at home, and those 4 goals are 45% of our 9 goals at AG.

Unless you've been regularly travelling you've seen very little entertainment for your money.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do you always post with a reaction? It’s been done to death about LJ, we’ve all said what we have thought over the past few weeks/months.

We don’t need a telling off from you, and feel the need to tell us we need to get behind him.

We were very poor again last night, so I wouldn’t lap this win up because it could have been a League One game. Result was key but again the performance wasn’t there and hasn’t been for months now.

Don’t post this nonsense again on Sunday if Diedhiou scores a last minute winner off his bellend.

No-one's forcing you to read it.  You could always give OTIB as miss if we win on Sunday

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

, where he is having his hands tied a bit by SL and the lack of spending power / sales of top assets.

Yeah, 47 transfers, tens of millions of liability incurred and what do we have to show for it? Now that's what I call having one's hands tied.......

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

His hands are tied by FFP. Not SL.

At the end of the day LJ has spunked £30m on players worse than the ones already at the club's over his three years in charge.

Baker, Djuric, Engvall, Tomlin, Magnússon, Wright, Baker, Pisano, Golbourne, and many, many others. It all adds up.

"Hand tied by SL". Gimme a break Reddog, I usually find your comments quite fair, but that's quite wide of the mark.

Not a fan? Or is it your inner Gerrard Kenny......

So bad you named him twice.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously this is a classic RDK reaction thread and I know you're looking for bites, but I don't agree with your point and felt compelled to reply.

Clearly the macro factors you mention have to be factored in, of course losing Reid, Bryan and Flint and not being given the funds to replace them is a huge ask. Of course it's not ideal circumstances for a manager to achieve instant success.

The impression I get from the mood of the fans is that the concerns aren't just the form. It's the lack of identity in our play, the fact we look toothless at times.. then the factor that Johnson is infamous for these streaks of form.

The other - and perhaps most worrying thing - is that it all feels a bit stale. People don't feel very excited about this season, i'm certainly not. I actually feel a bit apathetic about it - I've barely posted in months. I can live with mid-table - it's probably about right for a club of our level at the moment, but I just feel a bit bored.

I also like Johnson, I think he's a good man and would love him to succeed. I just don't really have faith in him at the moment - all that nonsense about players 'needing a cuddle' - it just grates. I can't think how on earth that would be motivational or reassuring to professional athletes.

I question whether people will take him seriously as a leader too; I see the need for technology in our training and am glad we're embracing it but I do wonder if he over-complicates and confuses the players. Some of the stuff he comes out with I can imagine the players eyes just glazing over.

I hope he and the team can change my mind, but I just have lots of doubts at the moment. I get the impression this is a view shared by lots of people, even those that fundamentally like Johnson.

I've read this a couple of times and I don't feel that you are disagreeing with my point, my point is to critique those who, even following a crucial win, still plead for Lee to be sacked.  it seems you don't want to climb onto a roof top and shout 'LJ OUT'; it merely seems that you have tired of the football and as you've said, feel doubt about the ability of Lee Johnson to motivate and develop the team to reach further success.

Losing faith in Lee isn't the same as screaming for his head at every juncture, the fact is, Fogg, you're an intelligent poster who is acutely aware of all things Bristol City, and sometimes finding the football boring / uninspiring is the life of a football fan.  I fell out of love with football completely during the Mciness / S'oD periods and stopped watching games, even reading the reports etc.  Steve Cotteril pulled me from my slumber, and I must admit, I'm still hooked with the ongoing saga of Bristol City FC, in fact spending far too much time on this web site, when I have about a million and one other things to do!

34 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Did you not hear that the OP is the new global moral authority? We must obey.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've read this a couple of times and I don't feel that you are disagreeing with my point, my point is to critique those who, even following a crucial win, still plead for Lee to be sacked.  it seems you don't want to climb onto a roof top and shout 'LJ OUT'; it merely seems that you have tired of the football and as you've said, feel doubt about the ability of Lee Johnson to motivate and develop the team to reach further success.

Losing faith in Lee isn't the same as screaming for his head at every juncture, the fact is, Fogg, you're an intelligent poster who is acutely aware of all things Bristol City, and sometimes finding the football boring / uninspiring is the life of a football fan.  I fell out of love with football completely during the Mciness / S'oD periods and stopped watching games, even reading the reports etc.  Steve Cotteril pulled me from my slumber, and I must admit, I'm still hooked with the ongoing saga of Bristol City FC, in fact spending far too much time on this web site, when I have about a million and one other things to do!

Nice - that sums up my situation entirely actually. I felt a bit like that during the Millen era too.

Archived