IGNORED

Cole Skuse

NickJ

Thought I'd have a look to see what Paul Lambert thought of last night's game on their OS.

He thought they defended crap - agreed - but interesting comment about one of our former players.

“Cole was outstanding for us as well. He is a better player than people give him credit for. On the ball, with both feet he was terrific. It’s unfortunate for me he’s 32. I wish I had him at 27".

Only one manager ever didn't have Skuse as an automatic starter in centre midfield.

Any idea who that might be @Robbored:robbored::yawn:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Skuse has always been a classy Championship defensive midfielder but seriously underrated by some City fans when he was at AG

^ This.

To be a first team regular for countless seasons, at two different clubs, under a succession of managers is not the mark of a crap player.

Unless all the managers he has ever worked for were blind to the failings some think they have spotted.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

I thought he played pretty well last night.

Paul Lambert thought that as well.

Shame Skuse signed a three year deal and Ipswich not long ago. I’d love to have seen him back at AG in a City shirt.

I daresay he’ll be back at AG in a coaching role when he retires. He and LJ played together and are good mates.

17 minutes ago, Super said:

I thought he played pretty well last night.

So did I, I always liked him but he never looked like there was an urgency to his game. I remember him playing against here at the Gate ans we were winning 2-0 and he picked the ball up and passed it neatly as always, and I said to my daughter, "that's the thing about Skuse, you would never know from watching him if you were winning or losing 2-0."

Read what Mick Mccarthy said recently and he is just the sort of honest professional SL will want on his staff. I believe his members shops at Henbury GC and Shire GC would be easily fixed. He and Sears were top performers last night and would have dominated any team in our league hence my frustration with otib posters assuming last nights result was against rubbish. Wrong they just weren't as good as us despite having one of the most consistent midfielders the Championbsohas witnessed in the past 10yrs.

I have also heard Lj likes him which is important as we all on here want Lj to continue doing well with his buying/selling as well as his developing and coaching. 

If Bob a Bob wants to call this 'superfan' or 'happy clappy' thats his problem, doubt he went last night anyway!! 

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So did I, I always liked him but he never looked like there was an urgency to his game. I remember him playing against here at the Gate ans we were winning 2-0 and he picked the ball up and passed it neatly as always, and I said to my daughter, "that's the thing about Skuse, you would never know from watching him if you were winning or losing 2-0."

Is that a sign of true class. Never flustered? Wonderful player, so sad he didnt spend his whole career with us.

38 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Read what Mick Mccarthy said recently and he is just the sort of honest professional SL will want on his staff. I believe his members shops at Henbury GC and Shire GC would be easily fixed. He and Sears were top performers last night and would have dominated any team in our league hence my frustration with otib posters assuming last nights result was against rubbish. Wrong they just weren't as good as us despite having one of the most consistent midfielders the Championbsohas witnessed in the past 10yrs.

I have also heard Lj likes him which is important as we all on here want Lj to continue doing well with his buying/selling as well as his developing and coaching. 

If Bob a Bob wants to call this 'superfan' or 'happy clappy' thats his problem, doubt he went last night anyway!! 

@BobBobSuperBob hahahahhahahha, name change in order

42 minutes ago, Joe hicks said:

Plenty on here thought Gareth Southgate was a hopeless coach, despite his Middlesborough success, not doing too bad with the young national team....some dismissed the suggestion being our coach in the past, some opinions expressed here, are not worth a bean.

But aren't you comparing different coaching roles to be one of the same. I will give you an example Graham Taylor highly successful football league manager  but absolutely dreadful England manager.

Gareth Southgate dreadful football league manager but as you say  becoming a successful England Manager. You cannot compare the two roles.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

we could do with a few like that,mr consistants. 

He had an awful final season with us, truly dreadful,  with his customary nonchalance on the pitch morphing into an apparent lack of interest as he turned down the City contract offered to him.

Stagnant in terms of both career and performances on the pitch, so his departure came none too soon.

He's an OK mid table Championship player without the ability or drive to go any further, so a move to backwater no pressure perennial mid table Ipswich suited him down to the ground.

Although for some reason they seem to have fared worse with him in the team.

Until Korey's injury and Pack's recent dramatic loss of form we certainly haven't missed him since.

He may well make a coaching return if LJ remains and the cosy backroom ex-player club continues, under Moyes or ano. far less likely.

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He had an awful final season with us, truly dreadful,  with his customary nonchalance on the pitch morphing into an apparent lack of interest as he turned down the City contract offered to him.

Stagnant in terms of both career and performances on the pitch, so his departure came none too soon.

He's an OK mid table Championship player without the ability or drive to go any further, so a move to backwater no pressure perennial mid table Ipswich suited him down to the ground.

Until Korey's injury and Pack's recent dramatic loss of form we certainly haven't missed him since.

He may well make a coaching return if LJ remains and the cosy backroom ex-player club continues, under Moyes or ano. far less likely.

I can remember being away at blackburn (possibly in the cup) and danny murphy beating him to a ball he didn’t really have a right to.. He was basically allowed to get to it due to skuse' lack of fight. Murphy then left skuse (who was making little to no effort to chase back) for dust and put it in the top corner.

I liked skuse but his last year for us was crap and it was clear his head was elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He left us when we got relegated in 2013, to stay in the Championship. In 2014 we ended up 12th in League 1 and Ipswich were 9th in the Championship. Looks like a pretty sound decision by Skuse and Ipswich at the time.

Archived