IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Jack Bailey

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

He hasn’t and it has taken 11 months for Paterson to play to at a 6/10 level for a couple matches. If half our central midfield is out of form for 11 months we will find ourselves bottom half of L1 in a years time. Point is if someone is out of form and looks like could use a break, give it to him. End of last season we had Eliasson ready to help out but continued out of form Paterson. 

I agree. Although LJ has dropped Pato a couple of times this season, it seems LJ will always find a spot for him just like he continue to play Pack despite a woeful run of sluggish form. 

As others have suggested Hegeler in front of the back 4, with Walsh/Brownhill in CM, Eliasson left, Wienmann (who is just not a central striker) right, Fammy CF would be a great line-up.

But no chance Pack will be dropped by LJ, more likely be Walsh dropped with Brownhill's return sadly.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pack has been very poor for a while now. But there is no way I'd ever have Hegeler ahead of him. He looks absolutely shattered when putting in any effort. So unfit and so laid back. Really not the type of player we need in our midfield imo. 

I don't think Pack's problem is his condition. He is always going to be slow, and he didn't seem affected by all the fixtures last season, so would be surprised if he is this season when there haven't been a crazy amount of fixtures. His problem is that he really struggles in our system without Korey. Would I drop him? Well, hard to say without knowing how different combinations work together in training. I'd certainly like to see a new combination that doesn't involve Pack, but hard to say which. I don't think this 4411/442 really suits the likes of Pack or Walsh anyway so hard to say what to do in Johnson's system. 

LJ has a system, really!  

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I said it on another thread but my theory is that he's basically a bit sad, a bit lonely, and perhaps struggling with the extra pressure.

His best mates have all either moved away (and in the process trebled their wages) or been side-lined for months with injuries and illness. He's suddenly gone from being part of a close-knit group of mates who have won, lost, and holidayed together to being one of the leaders of a group of guys who, in the main, I imagine he had never met before pre-season.  He's lost guys he has been best man for or have been his best man (IIRC), blokes he has won trophies with and just really good mates.

Bryan, Reid and Flint have all got their moves...but Pack didn't get his.  There was talk of a Wolves move wasn't there? Whether there was any truth to that I don't know but I know it would affect me if I worked in a tight team for four years and then all my mates got a lucrative move to a bigger company whilst I had to try and cobble together a bunch of new lads into some sort of team.

I get that this is part and parcel with being a pro footballer but that doesn't prevent it from affecting him.

Well if he's looking for a move away and is moping he didn't get one playing as he is at the moment is definitely not going to help.

15 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I just think the captaincy is weighing on his mind. Some players can’t be captains for they think it’s to much responsibility.

Flint when here was one example who said he didn’t want to be captain for he wanted to concentrate on his own game.

I think you`re right but realistically who else is there? Webster? Kalas? Weimann? Maenpaa? I can`t think of too many other candidates.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I sometimes wonder if injured players who are `leaders` like Bailey & Korey are involved much on matchdays. Do they go in the dressing room pre-match/half time? It would seem sensible to me if they did and it might help fire the players up a bit.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I sometimes wonder if injured players who are `leaders` like Bailey & Korey are involved much on matchdays. Do they go in the dressing room pre-match/half time? It would seem sensible to me if they did and it might help fire the players up a bit.

Both of the players you mention are certainly at the ground, and based on their route to the BCTV Co-commentator position, I would say they’ve come straight from the dressing room.

Pack has a problem. If we are playing well a lot comes through Pack. Patterson being less than poor tends to mean more pressure is placed upon Pack to unlock something. Couple this with Diédhiou being a bit pony and our wide players being inconsistent.

Someone mentioned up the thread that Webster and Pack have started every game, which should tell us something about the LJ mindset Particularly with an out of form Pack.

However Diédhiou forced an own goal and got one and so did Patterson on Tuesday. Patterson over the last 5 games is our most improved player and there were a couple off signs that we could go on a little run....Kelly was outstanding and Weimann is a very good player...If LJ resists dumb ass tinkering and picks a team close to the one that finished at Ipswich particularly as the impressive Morrell had a very good game I can see a little light...Or perhaps the express coming the other way!

Archived