IGNORED

Jo Jo Wollacott

Glarster Red

9 minutes ago, Glarster Red said:

In his first game he made 2 errors which cost us goals,the second error was in the 89th min and cost us points however he did pull off some good stops he just needs to calm down.Is JoJo a better keeper? His CV would seem so.

I think Sesay is higher rated long term, but IIRC Wollacott was a key player for Woking despite their relegation last season. I may be wrong and have him mixed up with O'Leary, but recall a goalkeeper being on loan at a struggling side last season and still picking up plaudits.

Sesay is 2 years younger than Wollacott, so it's likely that the latter is ahead in terms of quality at this point in time.

3 hours ago, Glarster Red said:

In his first game he made 2 errors which cost us goals,the second error was in the 89th min and cost us points however he did pull off some good stops he just needs to calm down.Is JoJo a better keeper? His CV would seem so.

Sesay may make it at a half decent level. Will Scott will most definitely not. 

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Sesay is higher rated long term, but IIRC Wollacott was a key player for Woking despite their relegation last season. I may be wrong and have him mixed up with O'Leary, but recall a goalkeeper being on loan at a struggling side last season and still picking up plaudits.

Sesay is 2 years younger than Wollacott, so it's likely that the latter is ahead in terms of quality at this point in time.

Max had a stellar second half of the season with relegation threatened Solihull Moor, keeping several clean sheets and getting them away from relegation fairly comfortably.

Tough one with JoJo. The only thing we know is they seem to trust JoJo even if he isn’t the same level as Max. Sesay I get the impression is a raw physical talent that needs a lot of grooming before he is even close. 

Wollacott has been on the bench for the senior side many times. He has been kept at the club for awhile now too. I get the impression someone at BCFC rates him enough that he has stayed this long. So for the level he is going to I reckon he could finally start making his mark. In the few times I have seen him play he has looked alright

He was on loan to Truro City earlier in the season and my Truro City-supporting mate said he was decent.

Not the most descriptive comment but he's clealy not a lemon.

Have the yellows returned to the ground by the river yet?  I managed to make one match when I was there before it got flooded and you had to move.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Cheers.  It's taking ages.

I think I read somewhere that when they got into the rebuilding they found all sorts of problems with the soil stability and there were (I think) some contaminated areas as well.

It does seem to be dragging on though but I guess they need to get it right with all the correct drainage and flood defences in place.

The move back to Gloucester is finally progressing. The club are going back to Meadow Park, with the playing surface being raised above the 2007 flood levels. Last I saw the ground had been raised the necessary amount, and they're hoping to be back in time for next season. Previously there were big plans for the new stadium, but they've changed to a policy of getting back to the City first, then developing the ground over time. Can't come soon enough, as there's a whole generation of new fans that have been lost and plenty more that have not followed the club on it's nomadic past 11 years. The t-end will rise again! 

On 01/12/2018 at 18:14, Greville Smythe said:

The move back to Gloucester is finally progressing. The club are going back to Meadow Park, with the playing surface being raised above the 2007 flood levels. Last I saw the ground had been raised the necessary amount, and they're hoping to be back in time for next season. Previously there were big plans for the new stadium, but they've changed to a policy of getting back to the City first, then developing the ground over time. Can't come soon enough, as there's a whole generation of new fans that have been lost and plenty more that have not followed the club on it's nomadic past 11 years. The t-end will rise again! 

Always thought Meadow Park was not a great place for a ground. Shame the Tigers couldn't have stayed at Horton Rd. Upgraded, that could have been a cracking stadium.

39 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Always thought Meadow Park was not a great place for a ground. Shame the Tigers couldn't have stayed at Horton Rd. Upgraded, that could have been a cracking stadium.

That was before my time, but I’m sure your right from what I’ve heard/read up about it.

Archived