IGNORED

Rugby given priority?

Redland

Regardless of whether you prefer rugby or football, in terms of the quality of the playing surface does it  make more sense for a rugby match to be played before a football match or vice versa? The fact that Bristol Rugby have first dibs on the pitch this weekend speaks volumes for the priorities of Bristol Sport. We will be playing on a cut up rugby pitch on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Redland said:

Regardless of whether you prefer rugby or football, in terms of the quality of the playing surface does it  make more sense for a rugby match to be played before a football match or vice versa? The fact that Bristol Rugby have first dibs on the pitch this weekend speaks volumes for the priorities of Bristol Sport. We will be playing on a cut up rugby pitch on Sunday. 

Whatever your opinion, I don’t think I’ve seen the pitch look cut up after any rugby game where we’ve played second fiddle.  The groundstaff Do a fantastic job of getting ready and looking almost pristine.  LJ has told us we are playing more direct now, so it makes little difference ?

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

It’s 2018, our pitch cost millions of pounds the pitch will be immaculate. I believe this was moved on police request. A&S tried it last season if you recall and Millwall told them to shove it as the notice was too short, this time they gave them enough notice.

I believe the official excuse was that it gave the team more time to recover. This overlooked the fact that it gave Millwall more time to recover too  

Nothing to do with it . It’s all about the extra dough through the £10 deal per game on the website for non Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs. We haven’t had many of them and the club are trying to cash in. Be careful what you wish for imo because I’ll keep my season ticket money next year and watch it on telly if the club wants to do that . Plus x amount of £’sss on cider etc lost. 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing to do with it . It’s all about the extra dough through the £10 deal per game on the website for non Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs. We haven’t had many of them and the club are trying to cash in. Be careful what you wish for imo because I’ll keep my season ticket money next year and watch it on telly if the club wants to do that . Plus x amount of £’sss on cider etc lost. 

I don`t think the red button was a thing when the fixture change was announced, it was pretty early - maybe even pre-season?

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

In League One and League Two, yes. Not where we are/are heading, it's not. 

Let me think. When was the last time a proper football club like Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Leeds, Everton,etc etc switched their fixture to a Sunday so a rugby match could be played on their pitch on the Saturday?

The decision to play on Sunday was made by City. A Wednesday evening game at Ipswich means the team get home around 3am on Thursday so changed to give an extra day between games. This one was nothing to do with Bristol rugby. This is fact not the fiction dreamt up by those above who claim otherwise.

And the pitch doesn't look as if it has been played on after rugby or football.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The decision to play on Sunday was made by City. A Wednesday evening game at Ipswich means the team get home around 3am on Thursday so changed to give an extra day between games. This one was nothing to do with Bristol rugby. This is fact not the fiction dreamt up by those above who claim otherwise.

And the pitch doesn't look as if it has been played on after rugby or football.

I've followed city for 50 years and we always used to play on the Saturday after a mid week match until we started sharing the pitch with the rugby club.

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

Another reason why I hate having Rugby at Ashton Gate .

The fact if i want to watch my team, that I have paid to see upfront,  im being forced to watch City on a Sunday to accommodate that Egg chasing ****

This angers me

Wow, not really that bad though is it, all fixtures are subject to change as it states when ‘paying Upfront’ for a season ticket, whether Rugby was there all not I’m 99% sure this fixture would of been changed from 3pm Saturday K.O regardless.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Wow, not really that bad though is it, all fixtures are subject to change as it states when ‘paying Upfront’ for a season ticket, whether Rugby was there all not I’m 99% sure this fixture would of been changed from 3pm Saturday K.O regardless.

Given the fact that when the Millwall fixture was changed the rugby fixtures hadn`t even been published either.

1 hour ago, Redland said:

I've followed city for 50 years and we always used to play on the Saturday after a mid week match until we started sharing the pitch with the rugby club.

So have I. 68 years in fact. We used to play three games in four days over Easter but we do not anymore. It's because clubs are more aware of looking after their players physically, rather than flogging them to death.

As I have pointed out on previous threads, it is a requirement of the Rugby Premiership for a club to have first call on their preferred fixture dates. And each club is asked to give its preferred day and time. Somewhat inexplicably, considering that they previously played on Sundays when they were at the Memorial Ground and in the Premiership, which suited many rugby supporters, as they could play for or support/run their local club on Saturday, the "Bears", on the supposed preference of their head coach, went for 3pm on Saturday afternoons. The Villa game was moved to Friday evening to accommodate them playing on the Saturday afternoon. Thank goodness they only have 11 home league games per season!

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

My thoughts exactly kick off times day changes doing my nut in .

12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

It’s 2018, our pitch cost millions of pounds the pitch will be immaculate. I believe this was moved on police request. A&S tried it last season if you recall and Millwall told them to shove it as the notice was too short, this time they gave them enough notice.

No we didn’t request it was moved to Sunday 

If I remember I will take some photos of the pitch straight after the game this afternoon. It will be immaculate as ever. 

I don’t like Sunday afternoon football either, but it has nothing to do with the pitch being used straight after rugby. We have played football on it at 3pm on a Saturday straight after a Friday night rugby game and no one has mentioned the pitch then, the pitch is not an issue.

Archived