Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redland

Rugby given priority?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Part, if not all of the 1:30pm start must be down to the reputation of the Milwall ‘firm’. We all know they have a minority who just like to cause trouble at away  football grounds. They’ve done it st AG before more than once so having such a Sunday ko  time prevents them getting too pissed up

Oh for the days when it was just about the football.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think that giving the players the maximum possible recovery time is going to make certain you win..? You are dafter than you appear to be..!

Recovery time with our side seems to make little difference, sorry I'm not of the same intellect as you I thought football was supposed to be a simple game

18 minutes ago, marmite said:

Oh for the days when it was just about the football.

You’d have to back to the 60s........

Well, again the rugby has been more entertaining than any city game this season....

I can see why its been given priority going off of this

15 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Recovery time with our side seems to make little difference, sorry I'm not of the same intellect as you I thought football was supposed to be a simple game

I can’t be bothered to point out the blindingly obvious any more to you. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

HT, not a mark on it

20181201_140347.jpg

There is. Stupid foreign markings and two big letter H's either end.

On a side not what a wonderful use of a 27000 capacity stadium with a few thousand inside it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1

5 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Rugby should take priority after all they are playing in the premier league. Unless city get promoted this is how it should stay.

No it shouldn’t wether we share the ground or not its city’ground.

If you mention that lansdown owns us both thats an invalid argument as he was looking to build a new ground/ redevelop bedore he got involved with them.

The rugby had no problems playing sundays when at the mem. 

Perhaps our supporter liaison officer could get an official reason from the club why our games our constantly moved for the rugby?

18 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing to do with it . It’s all about the extra dough through the £10 deal per game on the website for non Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs. We haven’t had many of them and the club are trying to cash in. Be careful what you wish for imo because I’ll keep my season ticket money next year and watch it on telly if the club wants to do that . Plus x amount of £’sss on cider etc lost. 

Same hear. Can't make Wednesday or Friday evening, nor Sunday matches, but have Sky, so Bristol Sports won't be getting my ST money next season, either.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BCFC1990 said:

If you mention that lansdown owns us both thats an invalid argument as he was looking to build a new ground/ redevelop bedore he got involved with them.

Perhaps our supporter liaison officer could get an official reason from the club why our games our constantly moved for the rugby?

I  was only having a wind up of course ,  city should have priority.

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, BCFC1990 said:

‘Constantly moved’. You mean the TWO times it’s happened this season. Grow up. 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

There is. Stupid foreign markings and two big letter H's either end.

On a side not what a wonderful use of a 27000 capacity stadium with a few thousand inside it

A few paint marking yes but not churned up at all. Over 12,000 supporters, more than some football teams get. All income for the stadium as it cant be financially viable being used only 24 or so times a year.

Photo shows final whistle.20181201_145346.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

‘Constantly moved’. You mean the TWO times it’s happened this season. Grow up. 

Tomorrow will be the third time this season we have played on a Sunday  it will also be our 10th home game so a third of our home games.  

I dont like Sunday home games and I like it even less when it is not because we’re on tele. At least then the club earns money so I can undaerstand it.

constant may of been the wrong choice of word but there is a consistancy to it and I would like an explanation as to why. Is that

ok with you?

• Like 1

Bristol Bears can’t be all bad. The team sings Blackbird I’ll Ave Eee after the match. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BCFC1990 said:

Tomorrow will be the third time this season we have played on a Sunday  it will also be our 10th home game so a third of our home games.  

I dont like Sunday home games and I like it even less when it is not because we’re on tele. At least then the club earns money so I can undaerstand it.

constant may of been the wrong choice of word but there is a consistancy to it and I would like an explanation as to why. Is that

ok with you?

It will be the third game played on a Sunday, but the second due to the rugby on a Saturday. 

I have already decided that I will not renew my and my two kids STs next season due to the amount of games moved. Just a waste of money having it now when I don't live in Bristol and so many games are no longer on a Sat and I have other priorities on a Sunday.

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I have already decided that I will not renew my and my two kids STs next season due to the amount of games moved. Just a waste of money having it now when I don't live in Bristol and so many games are no longer on a Sat and I have other priorities on a Sunday.

Can totally understand this. Most ST’s were purchased months before the fixtures were released,  there are always going to be some fixtures which cause people difficulties, but then then some were moved. Add to this the RedButton which didn’t exist when people purchased too, no wonder for many ST’s don’t look so attractive. 

1 hour ago, Redland said:

Well that worked well! ☹️

Well it did, yes. They had longer to recover from Wednesday..?!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well it did, yes. They had longer to recover from Wednesday..?!

That recovery time made all the difference to our energetic performance Millwalls goalkeeper must be worn out

• Haha 1

So was the pitch as good as I said it was, did it cause us problems?

Regarding recovery, I don’t think we gained as Millwall played Wednesday too. On the flip of that we have one day less recovery than Birmingham. 

23 hours ago, RedM said:

Can totally understand this. Most ST’s were purchased months before the fixtures were released,  there are always going to be some fixtures which cause people difficulties, but then then some were moved. Add to this the RedButton which didn’t exist when people purchased too, no wonder for many ST’s don’t look so attractive. 

Only 13 home games on a Saturday at 3pm this season I believe. Another way of looking at that is, if repeated, there’s 10 home games many can watch on Sky Red Button next season (assuming that Pep keeps us up of course) and Bristol Sport RFC can stick their season tickets up their backside!!

Wonder if the Franchise have planned for that?

Edited by Numero Uno

4 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

That recovery time made all the difference to our energetic performance Millwalls goalkeeper must be worn out

You still think that preparation time should guarantee a certain performance level..?!

What is it you don’t understand about giving the players the extra day (to make the usual amount of time) between 2 fixtures..? 

The preciousness is strong here today. As is the misinformation.

12,000 odd at the rugby (well below average) tells you that it's not them who wants to play on a Saturday at 1pm. Fridays 7:45 and Sunday 3pm are the obvious preferences.

Round ball on Saturdays unless like today, City want it moved for player welfare. It has nothing to do with the rugby and anyone repeating otherwise for the nth time is clearly being disingenuous at best and probably has an agenda. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You still think that preparation time should guarantee a certain performance level..?!

What is it you don’t understand about giving the players the extra day (to make the usual amount of time) between 2 fixtures..? 

one thing i havent noticed from us is any level of performance 

11 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

The preciousness is strong here today. As is the misinformation.

12,000 odd at the rugby (well below average) tells you that it's not them who wants to play on a Saturday at 1pm. Fridays 7:45 and Sunday 3pm are the obvious preferences.

Round ball on Saturdays unless like today, City want it moved for player welfare. It has nothing to do with the rugby and anyone repeating otherwise for the nth time is clearly being disingenuous at best and probably has an agenda. 

Absolutely right.

On 30/11/2018 at 22:11, AppyDAZE said:

One man's anything is another man's nothing and another man's everything.

Well that's something to think about...

• Haha 1