IGNORED

Are we on Red Button tomorrow?

Bristol_Badger

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

it wont be on in the pub, and I don't think it is on anywhere sky are not showing it to be shown on their website, I certainly would not rely on it if you want to guarantee head down the gate you have been warned!!

Fairly sure that sky have never listed sunday games on red button just tues or weds fixtures. Could be wrong though.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Fairly sure that sky have never listed sunday games on red button just tues or weds fixtures. Could be wrong though.

I couldn't make the Sheffield Wednesday game in October so had to settle for the Red Button on that occasion and it was running fine. That was a Sunday I think. 

Unless I've missed a recent change, every game which isn't 3pm Saturday is on there, it just takes right up until the day of the game sometimes to be represented on Sky Sports Listings. 

So I phoned Sky, who advised they don't and never have shown Sunday lunchtime games on the Red Button...

I gave City v Blackburn as an example and he said that couldn't have been the case! - Basically, they have no idea what they're showing haha! 

So it may well NOT be on, there again, it may do!

12 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

So I phoned Sky, who advised they don't and never have shown Sunday lunchtime games on the Red Button...

I gave City v Blackburn as an example and he said that couldn't have been the case! - Basically, they have no idea what they're showing haha! 

So it may well NOT be on, there again, it may do!

That's hilarious. I'm convinced it'll still be on there for those that need it. It was last time with 3 Premiership games and no other Championship coverage. 

image.png.7978c550e479391dbd618a01b1a08146.png

How much cash do City get for being at home on the red button or this all part of the latest shady deal between EFL and Sky? How does the club get compensated for all the  lack of expenditure at AG when people stay away. We all know the answer to the problem but in a free country people are entitled to watch what they pay for - live or through a small screen

Just now, Hampshire Red said:

How much cash do City get for being at home on the red button or this all part of the latest shady deal between EFL and Sky? How does the club get compensated for all the  lack of expenditure at AG when people stay away. We all know the answer to the problem but in a free country people are entitled to watch what they pay for - live or through a small screen

I did some maths earlier on in the season, and I thought home games would have to be 3,000 down (I think).  As someone correctly pointed to at the time, it’s the long-lasting effect of reduced crowds that will ultimately be the issue.

I'm going to say it's not on the red button and not available on BCTV in the UK either based on Millwall's tweet... 

The Millwall article says... "Unfortunately the game is unavailable for domestic viewers to stream live, despite falling outside the Saturday fixture window, because of a cap on matches moved due to ground share being available for streaming. Bristol City have exceeded this cap and as such it is unavailable to view for UK subscribers. The club would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this."

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'm going to say it's not on the red button and not available on BCTV in the UK either based on Millwall's tweet... 

The Millwall article says... "Unfortunately the game is unavailable for domestic viewers to stream live, despite falling outside the Saturday fixture window, because of a cap on matches moved due to ground share being available for streaming. Bristol City have exceeded this cap and as such it is unavailable to view for UK subscribers. The club would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this."

Ground share?  Does that mean because we’ve moved games because of Rugby?

Archived