IGNORED

Millwall in town ? (Merged)

City fan 1982

29 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Just got in after working and attending this. 

Can confirm a group of millwall inside pub and group of city outside. Damage was caused by both sets of males.

Enquiries ongoing with cctv being examined .

fortunately myself and other officers, and lots of local residents were able to help clear the pub up and he is opening tomorrow as normal . 

Not a good day for a very local family pub . 

Thank you Julie for putting a calm version of events on here.

Sorry you guys still have to deal with silly boys who think that Green Street actually represents reality.

Stay safe.

PS: tomorrow will be as flat as all Sunday games.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Vinnies bar in weston been done by Millwall too

Just getting a group of us together to go back 

Yep, my band played a gig in Weston super Mare last night and the landlord of the bar in which we were playing said he’d had calls from other landlords in Weston saying there was a big mob of Millwall out causing trouble in the resort....our gig went off without any trouble but lots of people who came in were talking about the unrest in Weston last night...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, my band played a gig in Weston super Mare last night and the landlord of the bar in which we were playing said he’d had calls from other landlords in Weston saying there was a big mob of Millwall out causing trouble in the resort....our gig went off without any trouble but lots of people who came in were talking about the unrest in Weston last night...

What music you play mate,own stuff or covers

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Ok. So they “pegged it”. So why go after them? Why bother? 

Think of how it could have ended had Millwall turned up at the Luckwell without these lads following them. 

I'm not condoning violence but I've been to many gigs at the Luckwell and it's not the sort of place that would be able to defend itself against a mob of Millwall fans looking to create trouble.

How truly depressing these accounts are.

Seriously hope none of these thugs are anywhere near the match today.

Strong police and club action needed to weed out any potential trouble makers at the turnstiles. 

Think consideration should be given by the club to ban the sale of alcohol in the ground today.

I've been following this particular trial - Plymouth returning from a game at Portsmouth stop at Exeter and go looking for Exeter - because a colleague's son was involved and was sentenced recently.

The story itself is not of intrinsic interest, and nothing to do with City so I wouldn't have started a thread for it, but I suggest watching the video for how much is recorded on CCTV these days and how identifiable you are.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/watch-football-fan-hooligan-violence-2280962

Apologies in advance for the state of the local news website but you will be used to that with the BEP.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Resort” ?

That’s a bit of a stretch! 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've been following this particular trial - Plymouth returning from a game at Portsmouth stop at Exeter and go looking for Exeter - because a colleague's son was involved and was sentenced recently.

The story itself is not of intrinsic interest, and nothing to do with City so I wouldn't have started a thread for it, but I suggest watching the video for how much is recorded on CCTV these days and how identifiable you are.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/watch-football-fan-hooligan-violence-2280962

Apologies in advance for the state of the local news website but you will be used to that with the BEP.

Completely agree. I’m not sure if I have an opinion yet on the ‘big brother’ society, but when I last did jury duty, I was gob smacked how much cctv was used and how (certainly in urban areas) you could be picked up the moment you left your house and tracked all day until your return. 

Wonderful benefits in terms of crime prevention, so long as we all trust the powers that be.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

How truly depressing these accounts are.

Seriously hope none of these thugs are anywhere near the match today.

Strong police and club action needed to weed out any potential trouble makers at the turnstiles. 

Think consideration should be given by the club to ban the sale of alcohol in the ground today.

723EC11B-5ADA-494F-9C9E-4F52434FC328.gif

41 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Completely agree. I’m not sure if I have an opinion yet on the ‘big brother’ society, but when I last did jury duty, I was gob smacked how much cctv was used and how (certainly in urban areas) you could be picked up the moment you left your house and tracked all day until your return. 

Wonderful benefits in terms of crime prevention, so long as we all trust the powers that be.

Sadly, I think it does very little for crime prevention, but certainly assists crime detection. 

The downside of this is the general downturn in police numbers and more importantly police presence as civvies can process cctv. 

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Glad some on here think it is all a joke

Deeply sad for football and for City.

Hope you don't regret your attitude come end of the afternoon

Again I hope I'm not eating my words at 3.30pm, but I'm guessing one of the reasons for Millwall having a go last night is the knowledge that in modern football it is very difficult/carries serious penalties if you try to have a pop match day near or in the stadium.

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

Just got in after working and attending this. 

Can confirm a group of millwall inside pub and group of city outside. Damage was caused by both sets of males.

Enquiries ongoing with cctv being examined .

fortunately myself and other officers, and lots of local residents were able to help clear the pub up and he is opening tomorrow as normal . 

Not a good day for a very local family pub . 

“both sets of males

Need to be careful there, maybe they classify themselves as Gender Neutral...

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Glad some on here think it is all a joke

Deeply sad for football and for City.

Hope you don't regret your attitude come end of the afternoon

I think it was more a lighthearted reaction to the last highlighted part of your post regarding the ban of alcohol within the ground , I’d like to think that noone condones these mindless acts of violence let alone finds them at all amusing . Here’s hoping that today passes without event and that we come away with all three points...COYR! 

Archived