IGNORED

Millwall in town ? (Merged)

City fan 1982

'The people who smashed up the pub were Bristolians, not Millwall fans' - eyewitness

An eyewitness who lives opposite the Luckwell Hotel said the incident was started by Bristol City fans from outside the pub.

“I saw it all from outside,” the resident, who asked not to be named, said.

“Pretty sure the people who smashed up the pub were Bristolians, not Millwall fans. 

“The Millwall fans were inside the pub and a group of 50 plus people came from the Three Lions pub (heard someone shouting to go back to the Three Lions) via Palmyra Road and started smashing up the pub and trying to get into it. 

“I spoke to some people who had been inside the pub. In total, I’d say around 100 people were involved.”

Reported by the BEP

City and Willem played a fans friendly match today. Lots from both clubs in attendance. 

Millwall arrived in Bristol with a group of Utrecht fans. They came to the 3 Lions and got battered. They ran off and hid in the Luckwell. City & Willem pursued and attacked them in the Luckwell. 

Fair play to Millwall for showing at the Lions. But they came off a distant second best, despite being the aggressors. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

City and Willem player a fans friendly match today. Lots from both clubs in attendance. 

Millwall arrived in Bristol with a group of Utrecht fans. They came to the 3 Lions and got battered. They ran off and hid in the Luckwell. City & Willem pursued and attacked them in the Luckwell. 

Fair play to Millwall for showing at the Lions. But they came off a distant second best, despite being the aggressors. 

Will you all be having a whip-round to pay for the damage at the Luckwell?

City and Willem player a fans friendly match today. Lots from both clubs in attendance. 

Sounds about right!

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly what I was told! Think there might be a few Millwall down the BRI? 2nd best defo.

Should be some £££s help for the Luckwell as a family pub that one.

Fair play? **** right off!

Complete tossers no matter which team they support or where they are from. No matter who started it, whoever ran off to another pub to get some kind of revenge was just as bad. Hope the lot of them get locked up.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can they all have a whip round and pay for all the damage and loss they have caused and volunteer to clean up the mess. 

I know we’re always going to be bias towards our own team/mob/hooligans but some of you really need to read your own posts back.

Happy to take second-hand information as fact so long as it tallies up with the fact Millwall did wrong.

The minute that’s in doubt, it’s local residents pissed off by CPZs or can’t yave been us because the glass was broken from the wrong side!

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

A local resident probably pissed off with matchday parking etc takes the opportunity to slag off the club, hmm. Convenient.

More likely the pub.

There's a few neighbours of the pub that absolutely detest the Luckwell. A fair few have complained in the past re noise from parties etc. 

It's not been my local in years but I can go in there any time and there will be at least one person I know. I'm saddened to see what's happened to it.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I know we’re always going to be bias towards our own team/mob/hooligans but some of you really need to read your own posts back.

Happy to take second-hand information as fact so long as it tallies up with the fact Millwall did wrong.

The minute that’s in doubt, it’s local residents pissed off by CPZs or can’t yave been us because the glass was broken from the wrong side!

I don’t think Millwall went to the Lucky because they heard it’s a good night out.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

I’m not saying we are innocent. But on a normal Friday/Saturday /Eve of match night I don’t hear of outbreaks of violence like this between football fans. The pub windows don’t get put through. Millwall in town and it all kicks off. Let’s face it Luckwell Road isn’t a place where they would be staying over, if they went there tonight they knew exactly what they were doing. 

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Millwall did do wrong and it doesn’t matter who started it or came off worse,if you think a mob of Millwall are just looking for a beer around bs3 on a Saturday night rather than in town then you are the most naive bloke around 

Not my intention to absolve tossahs from either "firm".  I put my opinions on post 65 and they apply to anyone who thinks they represent a football team by getting involved in half-arsed grapples.

However it is a fact that the stools were launched from within the Luckwell so if "Millwall" were actually in there, then it is probably their doing.  Doing over pubs in distant towns is seen as "conquest" to these daft *****.

I see what you are saying but if the Millwall lot are going to try and do over a well known City pub and try and attack the punters inside then what do you think is going to happen? Our lot are hardly going to just sit there and take it.  And why should they? Sounds like Millwall have come looking for it and got what they were looking for. That it’s happened at all is rubbish I agree, but you can’t expect anyone being attacked to just take it. People will retaliate.  IMHO anyway. 

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Will you all be having a whip-round to pay for the damage at the Luckwell?

I’m 25 miles away mate. Nothing to do with me. Just giving the correct account of what happened before all sorts of assumptions are made. 

Millwall came looking for it at the Lions. They got it. They ran off. Got chased. Tried to hide it out in the Luckwell, got surrounded and so started chucking furniture out the windows.

Archived