IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 20

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

could one of you lj lovers please explain what it is your watching and why you think lj is the man to take this club forward because iam really strugling to see what it coul possibly be the football served up is diabolacol joke week after week i cant stomach another game

Robbored??

62% possession

15 attempts

2 on target

(stats from Flashscore)

Not good against a team that had only managed 2 points away from home till today and depleted with injuries.

I suppose the positive is that we didn't lose and its 4 points from the last two games after the 4 defeats, but I expected a win today and it just feels like its two points dropped. We desperately need a proper forward.Two shots on goal, especially at home, is worrying. 

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I would love to hear an argument from anyone who still thinks LJ is the right man for the job. 

Boring football, still doesn’t know how to see out a game, still doesn’t know when to make subs. 

One shot on target. At home. Again.  

If not for an OG we wouldn’t have scored at home. Again. 

Come on Pete. We’re 4 points from 6. That’s promotion form. 

And he made Bobby Reid a striker. 

And he beat Man United once. 

?‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I would love to hear an argument from anyone who still thinks LJ is the right man for the job. 

Boring football, still doesn’t know how to see out a game, still doesn’t know when to make subs. 

One shot on target. At home. Again.  

If not for an OG we wouldn’t have scored at home. Again. 

Same mate, you’ll get but we’re near mid table, blah blah , they can’t actually be going to games or there very easily pleased to put it nicely, Johnson out

Perhaps LJ might tell the fans what identity the players had found today?

I'm struggling to find a performance of late that anyone could say was a step forward. Perhaps time for a change, the team need a "Warnock-esque" manager that can inspire and get the team playing for him, and I'm not talking a hoof to the front.

Playing at home, 1-0 up against a team that's hardly got an away point all year, and we play slow football in little triangles in our half, allowing Millwall to get their shape back and defend. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

1. Unconvincing 4 points from 2 games is great but against poor opposition we have been unconvincing.

2. Inconsistent some of our play is great but far too often sloppy, casual and mistake prone.

3. Predictable in that Millwall haven't taken a point on the road until they met us.

Kelly was weak for the equaliser and his and Pisano's crossing is abysmal.

We lack a real goal threat, Diedhiou is far too weak and tactically naive in the 6 yard box, lot's of crosses coming in mainly from Eliasson and one peach from Wiemann and he does not make enough effort to try to connect with those crosses and of course the 3 year old and counting chestnut we totally lack creativity in midfield, we have endeavour but no quality Pack had a better game but is far too sloppy/casual at times.

In short I am still in the LJ unconvinced group.

Let's just hope we do not **** up another January window.

There is no way I’d give Johnson anymore money to spend he’s wasted ******* millions 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd say 24 in our 26 games meaning 0.92 a game or 4 wins 12 draws and 10 losses... I think at this rate that may be a bit too much to ask ?

I suspect we will stay up, but it looks like a slow decline back into League 1 the way the squad is developing.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

1. Unconvincing 4 points from 2 games is great but against poor opposition we have been unconvincing.

2. Inconsistent some of our play is great but far too often sloppy, casual and mistake prone.

3. Predictable in that Millwall haven't taken a point on the road until they met us.

Kelly was weak for the equaliser and his and Pisano's crossing is abysmal.

We lack a real goal threat, Diedhiou is far too weak and tactically naive in the 6 yard box, lot's of crosses coming in mainly from Eliasson and one peach from Wiemann and he does not make enough effort to try to connect with those crosses and of course the 3 year old and counting chestnut we totally lack creativity in midfield, we have endeavour but no quality Pack had a better game but is far too sloppy/casual at times.

In short I am still in the LJ unconvinced group.

Let's just hope we do not **** up another January window.

I don't agree, Kelly was left isolated for their goal , not his fault . 

No point in Pisano crossing , there's nobody attacking the ball in the box . 

I do agree that Famara is no beast . He doesn't get stuck in , rarely gets in front of the defender and the opposition don't fear him . 

Last 7 home games we have scored 1 0 0 1 1 1 1.

Best bit of football we have played at home was arguably when a goal down to Stoke. Considering those seven games in my mind have been pretty much against teams exclusively in the bottom half...it's not good. We are setting up at home like a team trying to nick something away from home, and it's bloody dull.

Get a break against a team with two away points all season, and fart arse about playing for 1-0, with the manager faffing around making subs he could clearly see were needed for ten minutes. For a couple of months now we have been playing much worse in my mind than our league position. Think we are going to need every single point we have this season later on.

6 minutes ago, Jack Bailey said:

Eliasson was head and shoulders MOTM. Every one of his quality crosses were sheer class, wasted by our lack lustre ‘strike force’

Our 'attacking' players do a disservice to his crosses, no one seems to really attack them, no late runners and Diedhiou has the aggression of a 3 month old puppy in the 6 yard box.

The team so hellbent on getting the ball to the wings every time, it’s so predictable. 

Few times today there was space to take the ball straight and run at them? It’s like it’s drilled into them and no one has their head up to see where the best attack can be made

There is no plan b.

First post but for years I have been an onlooker. The football is getting worse and we are very quickly turning into a relegation team. The performance today reflected that and I’m starting to feel for our safety. No creativity no end product only one result. 

18 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

could one of you lj lovers please explain what it is your watching and why you think lj is the man to take this club forward because iam really strugling to see what it coul possibly be the football served up is diabolacol joke week after week i cant stomach another game

Que? 

Archived