IGNORED

S.O.S.

Slacker

Can anyone on here please save what little is let of my sanity?I have a Sony Experia phone which my wife borrowed when hers broke.When she got her phone back and removed her sim card,I got my phone back.I am now getting millions of her Facebook notifications.I absolutely despise Facebook and have never used it in my life. I cant see any app or shortcut for it that.I can uninstall or any way to stop the notifications.It is honestly getting to the stage were I think I will have to bin my phone.Any help would be massively appreciated.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Can anyone on here please save what little is let of my sanity?I have a Sony Experia phone which my wife borrowed when hers broke.When she got her phone back and removed her sim card,I got my phone back.I am now getting millions of her Facebook notifications.I absolutely despise Facebook and have never used it in my life. I cant see any app or shortcut for it that.I can uninstall or any way to stop the notifications.It is honestly getting to the stage were I think I will have to bin my phone.Any help would be massively appreciated.

Turn it off.

If you still get notifications, then the phone is faulty.

I'm rubbish with tech stuff but have a feeling that if all else fails the best thing to do, (if you can save all your important stuff, photos etc.. specially your contacts! to an sd card..) is to go into phone settings and return phone to factory settings, you'll lose anything that's not saved hopefully inc the unwanted facebook, it'll be like having a new clean phone again (like it would/should be if you'd just bought it second hand) .. Then reload all your stuff again and ban the Mrs from ever going within arms reach of it again !

Then again I've probably got all that wrong, probably best to ignore me, unless as I said 'all else fails'  … better still take it to a phone shop, and give the bloke a drink to sort it out for you.  

PS... Re: 'S.O.S.'  theres no need to use morse code anymore mate that's so outdated, try texts -they're brilliant! … :)  

On 02/12/2018 at 19:59, Dollymarie said:

Delete the Facebook and messenger app from your phone? Go into privacy settings and turn off notifications from Facebook? I don’t have a Sony so am not sure exactly where to find that but it should be easy to find. 

I can't see any Facebook apps or notifications in any of my settings.Nothing on the phone is showing any evidence of Facebook yet I keep getting Facebook messages coming through.

9 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I'm rubbish with tech stuff but have a feeling that if all else fails the best thing to do, (if you can save all your important stuff, photos etc.. specially your contacts! to an sd card..) is to go into phone settings and return phone to factory settings, you'll lose anything that's not saved hopefully inc the unwanted facebook, it'll be like having a new clean phone again (like it would/should be if you'd just bought it second hand) .. Then reload all your stuff again and ban the Mrs from ever going within arms reach of it again !

Then again I've probably got all that wrong, probably best to ignore me, unless as I said 'all else fails'  … better still take it to a phone shop, and give the bloke a drink to sort it out for you.  

PS... Re: 'S.O.S.'  theres no need to use morse code anymore mate that's so outdated, try texts -they're brilliant! … :)  

This may be the way to go WH.A bit brutal but may have to be done!

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

They maybe be browser notifications rather than app notifications. If Mrs Slacker logged into Facebook in the internet browser it may be as simple as visiting www.Facebook.com and logging her out. 

Thanks Chris.Will give that a try.

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

They maybe be browser notifications rather than app notifications. If Mrs Slacker logged into Facebook in the internet browser it may be as simple as visiting www.Facebook.com and logging her out. 

Someone just showed me how to logged out of her Facebook so fingers crossed!Thanks again Chris.

Archived