IGNORED

Police giving out parking tickets

RedM

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just saw police issuing tickets off Duckmore road. I passed cars parked worse (on coeners) just be warned

So they value raising money in this way, rather than checking on local smoke alarms?

PROOF Police have totally wrong priorities.

:disapointed2se:

12 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes pcsos were on duty today as they are every home game. 

It is in response to ongoing issues being reported in particular with regards to vehicle obstruction around junctions. 

These idiots do my head in. Hope you caught plenty.

Perfectly happy they are booking people who park illegally, but we watched them drive away ignoring several other cars parked equally as bad only yards away. And as we walked towards the stadium there were loads of cars who had obviously moved cones to park on corners.They could not have missed them, that’s what mystified us. It was almost like one resident had complained so they only dealt with that one car, surely that isn’t right. Book the lot or not at all. 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Yes pcsos were on duty today as they are every home game. 

It is in response to ongoing issues being reported in particular with regards to vehicle obstruction around junctions. 

Fair play you come on here and give FACTS not hearsay or second hand gossip 

9 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

What amazes me in the number of cars parked on pavements along winterstoke opposite Wickes and by the new bus bridge. Surprised no tickets are issued there. 

cough SNITCH cough

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

What amazes me in the number of cars parked on pavements along winterstoke opposite Wickes and by the new bus bridge. Surprised no tickets are issued there. 

We did have a look at this area after complaints but the law was a bit vague as they were on a grass verge at the time not obstructing the passenger footpath

i will be honest it all got a bit complicated and technical so I asked our legal advisors to have a look and they are still working out if any offence committed when pedestrians could walk past easily .

Not a clear answer I know but it is a little bit complicated and I wouldn’t like to get it wrong ! 

6 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We did have a look at this area after complaints but the law was a bit vague as they were on a grass verge at the time not obstructing the passenger footpath

i will be honest it all got a bit complicated and technical so I asked our legal advisors to have a look and they are still working out if any offence committed when pedestrians could walk past easily .

Not a clear answer I know but it is a little bit complicated and I wouldn’t like to get it wrong ! 

I thought the offence was driving over the footway, not parking or obstructing the footway?

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I thought the offence was driving over the footway, not parking or obstructing the footway?

No , unless you commit a specific offence when you drive onto / over the pavement (Due care etc etc) 

Parking On pavements is not an offence per se outside of London 

The potential offences are 

1) Leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position

2) Causing an uneccessary obstruction 

Of course , as there is a wide verge at that point and as the officer says herself pedestrians are not impeded in any way , the police could take a common sense approach , and in fact I’d suggest they’d struggle to justify either of the above offences

But hey ho , no let’s see if we can find some legislation so we can issue them tickets 

28 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Rather than looking at the law books sometimes just looking for a bit of common sense is the best way. If it looks like an obstruction, it is? That is the reason I suspect the cars were parked on a grass verge, so pedestrian access was not hindered Any parking on pavements is a hazard and should be nicked. I was once booked for parking on a bit of waste ground outside the old dog/ section at Ashton, not for causing an obstruction, but the officer assumed I had to cross the double white line in the middle of the road coming down the hill.

The fine was revoked ?  

2 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Sometimes the cars parked on the pavement opposite Wickes do get tickets. People parking there are taking a gamble.

There was a night game last season where cars with blue badges parked on double yellow lines outside Ford were towed away. Blue badge holders have always parked there, and still do. The reason given was that Ford were expecting a delivery. Well, most of us know that the transporter drops off on the main road, so this was bullshit.

The ironic thing being, Ford had one of their brand new vans parked out on the pavement.

Archived