IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou and the fundamental lack of desire

Silvio Dante

This. Just This.

Fams a centre forward and Elliasson is putting in multiple quality balls that beg to be attacked. Fam attacks none.

I get that Millwall play rough, but Fam didn’t seem to want to challenge and was happy to look for the free kick every time.

I also get we played far too slow and that wasn’t Fams fault, but when you can get involved, surely you do?

There was no desire to challenge. No desire to bust a gut to get the ball. I’ve criticised Fam before because of unbalancing the side but it’s not his fault if LJ picks him. What is his fault is showing no desire to make the ball and no desire to win. That’s what’s really ******* narked me today

Again Johnson is the problem, you have a team like millwall playing with low confidence away from home so he decides to play with one frontman, if he is going to play Weimann at least play him upfront as well. Boring Johnson yet again!

One of many problems in the side. This isn’t a team it is a bunch of individuals. Only a select few look like they are playing for anyone other than themselves. Full of laziness. See a lot of fake hustle and a lack of any real effort. We may be midtable but at least 95% of the time those relegation sides worked hard. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

How does Weimann escape criticism? He is hopeless.

All so predictable - half decent squad player at this level but hardly the messiah some on here thought when he scored a few goals in August.

The lack of urgency in the way we play and the lack of goals is cause for real concern.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Go on . 

For starters I don't see where this lack of passion thing comes from. If we lose he really does look like he takes it to heart, if he scores he goes mental (see Ipswich last week).

He also seemed knackered when he came off.

Not saying he did well today: he didn't. But the problem lies far more with the fact we have no creativity aside from Eliasson

16 minutes ago, Red said:

Again Johnson is the problem, you have a team like millwall playing with low confidence away from home so he decides to play with one frontman, if he is going to play Weimann at least play him upfront as well. Boring Johnson yet again!

I’m not going to disagree we set up wrong today. We played into Millwalls hands by going slow from Pack at the back then hitting easily dealt with long balls. 

Thats on LJ. Not putting a shift in is totally on Fam

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I’m not going to disagree we set up wrong today. We played into Millwalls hands by going slow from Pack at the back then hitting easily dealt with long balls. 

Thats on LJ. Not putting a shift in is totally on Fam

With Fam he is not a target man, he wont chase after a ball, but he needs someone next to him to play the ball to feet and feel his confidence is taking a hiding.

Bob Taylor

Robbie Turner

Joe Jordan

Tammy

and numerous others would have bagged a hat trick or more today with the number of quality balls that Kelly and particularly Elliasson delivered today

£5.75 million

Incredible

Take a bow Nicklaus Elliasson (Supported by LK) took the game to Millwall on his own for most of the game

12 minutes ago, J D said:

For starters I don't see where this lack of passion thing comes from. If we lose he really does look like he takes it to heart, if he scores he goes mental (see Ipswich last week).

He also seemed knackered when he came off.

Not saying he did well today: he didn't. But the problem lies far more with the fact we have no creativity aside from Eliasson

Pound for pound - one of the biggest bottlers and easy to out muscle players I’ve seen in a long time

A question for @Davefevs

As somebody who has played a fair bit at centre half , at a reasonable standard

What would frighten you Dave about marking FD

No pace (and pretty lazy) so not going to spin and go in behind

Very questionable touch

Wont out muscle or out jump you 

Wont get across you in box

Wont pull you around the pitch or cause you any issues with movement 

Genuine q - as an opposing centre half - what would be your main concern Dave ?

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A question for @Davefevs

As somebody who has played a fair bit at centre half , at a reasonable standard

What would frighten you Dave about marking FD

No pace (and pretty lazy) so not going to spin and go in behind

Very questionable touch

Wont out muscle or out jump you 

Wont get across you in box

Wont pull you around the pitch or cause you any issues with movement 

Genuine q - as an opposing centre half - what would be your main concern Dave ?

What would worry me would be his placid nature suddenly turning from David Banner to the Hul, and then him battering me all afternoon.  When he came on v Blackburn you could see 6 games pent up frustration come out.  He needs firing up.  I thought the last 10-15 minutes of the first half he got fed up of being booted and he started to give it back, and we saw a better player as a result.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Give him a strike partner. Eisa would relish these crosses and would happily go front post.

Just said similar on the LJ interview thread. ?

Archived