IGNORED

Lee's after match interview

Major Isewater

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Was sat behind him and he had the subs ready and then panicked and didn’t look like he had a clue what to do once they scored.  He was frozen.

Noticeable, then had a conference with Holden and McCallister whilst the subs put their tops back on

Mind you , If after all that , the brilliant intuitive answer was to bring on Marley Watkins as our centre forward......

I probably wouldn’t have bothered ..............

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

My biggest gripe about the radio reporters. No one ever challenges anything. Why does no one turn round and say “so exactly what is that identity, Mr Johnson?” 

Or “this is the ninety-seventh time you’ve said that you’ve got the teams identity back, why do you keep losing it?!”

If LJ is "Happy with that"  then we might as well pack up.

It was bloody gutless and clueless again, players out of position again awful substitutions and totally tactic less

He ought to come up in the stands to watch it he like us, he would be from from Happy :(  

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticeable, then had a conference with Holden and McCallister whilst the subs put their tops back on

Mind you , If after all that , the brilliant intuitive answer was to bring on Marley Watkins as our centre forward......

I probably wouldn’t have bothered ..............

Yep, was a bit pointless.  

Was noticeable the conflab though.

Just now, Robbored said:

Just watched the interview - I thought he was pretty spot on.  Fair assessment of a drab and dreary game.

Really? So you think there was lots to be pleased about? That the performance reflected our identity? That there was energy and desire? We could have played til Christmas and we wouldn’t have scored a goal. 

If celebrating a point against the worst team we’ve played all season is something to be that happy about then we’re in trouble. 

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s a ‘builder’ (As in team) don’t you know

Did it at Oldham 

Did it at Barnsley 

Alls good

Yes, the bingo builder. He's signed 40-50 and still trying to find the right combination. More meat for the grinder.

He'll be saying this over and over again until SL (eventually) puts him out of our misery! 

He does seem to be "ready to trade" so who knows what the cat will drag in. Have little confidence we'll up the quality which is what's desperately needed.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My biggest gripe about the radio reporters. No one ever challenges anything. Why does no one turn round and say “so exactly what is that identity, Mr Johnson?” 

Or “this is the ninety-seventh time you’ve said that you’ve got the teams identity back, why do you keep losing it?!”

They are pretty gutless too

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really? So you think there was lots to be pleased about? That the performance reflected our identity? That there was energy and desire? We could have played til Christmas and we wouldn’t have scored a goal. 

If celebrating a point against the worst team we’ve played all season is something to be that happy about then we’re in trouble. 

Look at the words Robbored has under his name and it tells you all you need to know.

1 minute ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Yes, the bingo builder. He's signed 40-50 and still trying to find the right combination. More meat for the grinder.

He'll be saying this over and over again until SL (eventually) puts him out of our misery! 

He does seem to be "ready to trade" so who knows what the cat will drag in. Have little confidence we'll up the quality which is what's desperately needed.

See for me I think there’s actually a fair amount of quality in that squad. Kelly, Kalas, Webster, Dasilva, Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson, O’Dowda, Paterson, Diedhiou, Weimann are all good players. 

IMO this squad is capable of much better than we’re seeing. 

1 minute ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Was an interesting comment

Whos on their way out or available then and have any value or he sees as tradeable ?

I’d say

Baker

Famara

COD

The post-match interviews are frustrating to listen to.  He does treat us fools, certainly inferiors (which of course we are) and that bugs me.

As @AppyDAZE says, the subs excuse was lame.

I thought we were the better side today, played with control in the first half for the first time in a long time.  We built pressure and we unlucky when Diedhiou hit the bar.  We continued this and got a deserved opener, if somewhat fortuitous, although Diedhiou was stooping to head home had Cooper not put it in with a Larry Grayson-esque flick.

So what changed at 1-0?  We went all pretty...but without purpose.  Little give and goes in the centre if the pitch whilst your front-runners are making all kinds of runs ahead of you.  We suddenly went 4141 from 4231/4411, Pack sat deeper for some reason, making it difficult for us to get out from driven diagonals from Millwall.  

But we did change and got our control back, especially down the left.  Surely we’d weathered the gentle storm.  Would need to check the goal again.  Kelly getting flak for being caught with Morison, but also another Millwall player (Tunnicliffe?) outside him.  I really think he feared Morison flicking it on but as it was, Morison headed into the path of Williams who finished well on the volley.  Who was tracking Williams?  Why wasn’t Webster on Morison, allowing Kelly some Protection?

Probably a game we should’ve won 1-0, but we didn’t.

Not gonna sit here and blame it on LJ tonight...although thought Watkins would come on for Weimann and O’Dowda would come on centrally for Paterson, but it meant changing positions again.  Diedhiou was tired though.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Whos on their way out or available then and have any value or he sees as tradeable ?

I’d say

Baker

Famara

COD

Kelly apart, none of our players will be sought after in the winter window so LJ must mean that he’s looking to bring in new players.

Just got home, and was unfortunate to have to listen to LJ on journey back.

I can't believe he said we played "with energy and tempo", and have got our identity back? That game was so flat and pedestrian.

In the last two home games we have had a total of 2 shots on target; against teams with awful away records. He is insisting on playing with wingers hitting constant crosses into the box; when we might as well have Junior Bent in there the amount of headers we win. The man is unfortunately deluded.

The worst part of the interview I thought was blaming Kelly for their goal. From up in the Dolman you could see, no pressure on the passer(cb), doubled up at the back post and no-one on the runner into the middle. In essence, a collective team error. 

Everybody could tell the energy levels of the team had dropped, but 78 mins gone and no substitutes done. LJ says " oh yeah, I was just about to do that when they scored".

For God sake Lee. Just admit that we were awful. Luckily they were worse, and we got away with a point.

"Played it wide".....yeah with 4 wingers on the pitch at the end. It's got predictable now. Sideways, sideways, winger or Kelly goes forward, over comes a cross where the 6ft 7" defender just heads it away . Week in, week bloody out. Its sh!te it really is.

1 minute ago, KevP said:

"Played it wide".....yeah with 4 wingers on the pitch at the end. It's got predictable now. Sideways, sideways, winger or Kelly goes forward, over comes a cross where the 6ft 7" defender just heads it away . Week in, week bloody out. Its sh!te it really is.

I was ok with the crosses today.  What was a problem, was that typically Diedhiou was erring towards the back stick, when we wanted someone to dart across the front post.

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think , and have for months LB that we look a ‘mess’

Maybe so. But I think the players are good enough so maybe the manager needs to step up...

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think , and have for months LB that we look a ‘mess’

Maybe so. But I think the players are good enough so maybe the manager needs to step up...

It’s December and he still doesn’t have a clue about his best formation and players for this tactic.

As for his live interview, I don’t care about ‘an identity’ or ‘assets at the club’ if the team on the pitch have no passion, game plan or desire to win a game. Like others have said, we do have a decent set of players at the club, but we need the right manager at the helm who dosnt over complicate every match and plays to our own strengths. 

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf he also talks of pressing triggers , passing through the thirds and other sounbytes, which I won’t bore you with because they are non existent on match days

Never heard him say this today but if I had, I'm 100 percent sure I'd be having to buy myself a new radio on Monday

Used to quite like hearing him talk, now the sound of his voice just gets on my tits.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d say

Baker

Famara

COD

Kelly is the only asset that will bring in anything like what we need.

Dasilva goes to LB and Kelly goes for a very large sum...He is being watched by pretty much all the big clubs

Archived