IGNORED

Lee's after match interview

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I was ok with the crosses today.  What was a problem, was that typically Diedhiou was erring towards the back stick, when we wanted someone to dart across the front post.

Dave I specifically pointed out to him (LJ) post forum that it was noticeable that FD never gets across his marker in box and tried to be polite by saying ‘But I’m sure you’ve all realised that and work on that’

Have to say his reply was unconvincing other than ‘I know’

To me it screams out to anyone whose played the game let alone a coach at a pro club

So are they not noticing it (Surely not)

Not working on it ?

Or is Famara resistant to or incapable of change / improvement despite the available hours on the training pitch , and more analytical facilities and tools than you could shake a stick at

:dunno:

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s a ‘builder’ (As in team) don’t you know

Did it at Oldham 

Did it at Barnsley 

Alls good

Builder ?????  No wonder Gary Lineker et al are always singling him out every week on MOTD. He's bl**dy deluded and I am beginning to wonder if his master is as well. After 60 years going to the Gate, I am bl**dy deluded as well even thinking we could ever make the prem :badmood:

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Kelly is the only asset that will bring in anything like what we need.

Dasilva goes to LB and Kelly goes for a very large sum...He is being watched by pretty much all the big clubs

Kelly is the obvious gem

Have to say - Webster will be the next valuable IMHO

Would we  grab the money for Kelly now ?

I was trying to work out who might have some value and who he’d be prepared to lose

Id probably add Matt Taylor to my list

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Kelly is the obvious gem

I was trying to work out who might have some value and who he’d be prepared to lose

Kalas. Maybe Chelsea send us a youngster as an apology for him going to Celtic.

I think Taylor is the right one if we're talking about strikers though.

Agree that Webster will be the next possible big money loss after Kelly. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Kelly apart, none of our players will be sought after in the winter window so LJ must mean that he’s looking to bring in new players.

He did actually say that we are in a strong position to 'trade' and make of that what you will.   I would not be surprised if FD is 'traded' or off loaded.  If we can get £5M back on him I would bite anyones hand off ?

What happened with our clubs connections with the likes of Man City ?  I cannot believe we cannot attract top young players from the Premier to  come here (Like Tammy)  with the so called reputation we have so called established ??

We have one at present who looks quality, when he plays !  Surely there are forwards and midfielders out there 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was ok with the crosses today.  What was a problem, was that typically Diedhiou was erring towards the back stick, when we wanted someone to dart across the front post.

Really? Personally I am bored with the one dimensional play of endless crosses into the box where they are inevitably dealt with by the defenders and we rarely manage to get on the end of them.

There are no runs into the channels, no cut backs to players making runs into the box, no triangles made to try to play through the defence. And hardly any movement to create space.

Very boring, and we present very little threat to the opposition.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The post-match interviews are frustrating to listen to.  He does treat us fools, certainly inferiors (which of course we are) and that bugs me.

As @AppyDAZE says, the subs excuse was lame.

I thought we were the better side today, played with control in the first half for the first time in a long time.  We built pressure and we unlucky when Diedhiou hit the bar.  We continued this and got a deserved opener, if somewhat fortuitous, although Diedhiou was stooping to head home had Cooper not put it in with a Larry Grayson-esque flick.

So what changed at 1-0?  We went all pretty...but without purpose.  Little give and goes in the centre if the pitch whilst your front-runners are making all kinds of runs ahead of you.  We suddenly went 4141 from 4231/4411, Pack sat deeper for some reason, making it difficult for us to get out from driven diagonals from Millwall.  

But we did change and got our control back, especially down the left.  Surely we’d weathered the gentle storm.  Would need to check the goal again.  Kelly getting flak for being caught with Morison, but also another Millwall player (Tunnicliffe?) outside him.  I really think he feared Morison flicking it on but as it was, Morison headed into the path of Williams who finished well on the volley.  Who was tracking Williams?  Why wasn’t Webster on Morison, allowing Kelly some Protection?

Probably a game we should’ve won 1-0, but we didn’t.

Not gonna sit here and blame it on LJ tonight...although thought Watkins would come on for Weimann and O’Dowda would come on centrally for Paterson, but it meant changing positions again.  Diedhiou was tired though.

This is pretty much how I saw it. I thought we were much better than in recent games, at times we knocked it about well and a 1-0 win would have been about right.  I thought we went far too deep after going ahead though and after that we struggled to break them down. And the defending for the goal was awful. 

I would have got O’Dowda on for Weimann much earlier. Can anyone tell me what Weimann actually does? He’s whole-  hearted and works hard but I just don’t see anything in him at all. He looks bereft of confidence as well  

The lack of striking options is alarming... Fammy was better today than of late but when Marley Watkins is the best option you have it’s a terrible state of affairs. 

Overall I’d say it was a 6/10 performance. It wasn’t great but it was better than either Ipswich or Preston, which are the last 2 games I’ve endured! 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Kelly is the only asset that will bring in anything like what we need.

Dasilva goes to LB and Kelly goes for a very large sum...He is being watched by pretty much all the big clubs

I thought Kelly was decidedly average today. His crossing was poor (didn't have anything like the time he did at Ipswich) and didn't really drive into the box when the left back was fairly useless.

I don't think anyone watching would have thought he is ready for the Prem and pay a large sum.

At the risk of upsetting everyone I thought Bryan played many better games and he can't start at Fulham.

I would like to see Dasilva get a sustained run - remember we never played Danny Rose either!!

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dave I specifically pointed out to him (LJ) post forum that it was noticeable that FD never gets across his marker in box and tried to be polite by saying ‘But I’m sure you’ve all realised that and work on that’

Have to say his reply was unconvincing other than ‘I know’

To me it screams out to anyone whose played the game let alone a coach at a pro club

So are they not noticing it (Surely not)

Not working on it ?

Or is Famara resistant to or incapable of change / improvement despite the available hours on the training pitch , and more analytical facilities and tools than you could shake a stick at

:dunno:

@Shtanley just said the same.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not necessarily Dave. 

If any of us buy  goods we’ve completed a transaction - a trade.

I know, but I think we know there isn’t any / very little money available, so suggests to buy someone we will need to offload someone.

I worry that someone will swoop for Webster more than Kelly though.

15 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It's actually getting quite sad to see a man cone out and talk like this when what he really needs is a social worker.

He did have one but they called it a day after admitting they couldnt get a restraining order to lock him away

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know, but I think we know there isn’t any / very little money available, so suggests to buy someone we will need to offload someone.

The interview was quite clear 

the RB reporter pointed out forwards were expensive and would the money be available abpnd at this point he mentioned the need to trade - the meaning was quite clear to anyone who listened ;)

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I thought Kelly was decidedly average today. His crossing was poor (didn't have anything like the time he did at Ipswich) and didn't really drive into the box when the left back was fairly useless.

I don't think anyone watching would have thought he is ready for the Prem and pay a large sum.

At the risk of upsetting everyone I thought Bryan played many better games and he can't start at Fulham.

I would like to see Dasilva get a sustained run - remember we never played Danny Rose either!!

Bryan has been out injured until the Chelsea game.

I would rather we play Kelly rather than Dasilva - he's our own player after all.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Kelly is the obvious gem

Just now, Shtanley said:

Kalas. Maybe Chelsea send us a youngster as an apology for him going to Celtic.

I think Taylor is the right one if we're talking about strikers though.

Taylor wont bring anything like what we need and to sell a player/players we have to have a buyer. Do you think there is a club thinking ohh Matt Taylor is what we need....No....However Kelly and as BBSB points out possibly Webster would have got attention.

LJ appears to be talking about trading, that says to me attempted swap deal for someone/s. (plus cash if you are talking about Kelly and Webster) and who are we going to deal with? Swap deal with club in our division, unlikely, so its lower league player/s, or a big swap for our prized asset/s or a foreigner from French Ligue Deux

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Really? Personally I am bored with the one dimensional play of endless crosses into the box where they are inevitably dealt with by the defenders and we rarely manage to get on the end of them.

Yeah, I get what you mean.  Too many are just hit into an area, and I think Bob and Shtan have commented to that effect.  However if you know you’ve got a Bob Taylor ready to slide one in at the near post, you cross differently.  Too nanny crosses delivered from too wide on the pitch, need to get into the Man-City 18 yard box crossing position.  Funnily enough are Goal was from a narrower position.

There are no runs into the channels, no cut backs to players making runs into the box, no triangles made to try to play through the defence. And hardly any movement to create space.

Agree, Brownhill making lots of runs beyond Diedhiou, but not as the “second-runner”, which often carves open defences.

Very boring, and we present very little threat to the opposition.

Shows how poor Millwall were today that we got into final third so easily today.  We’ve struggled to do that much of late, but it’s not always at a high enough tempo.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Shtanley just said the same.

I can see Hegeler going, possibly back to Germany but nobody else springs to mind.

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Funny old thing footy. Our best player in my opinion 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Bryan has been out injured until the Chelsea game.

I would rather we play Kelly rather than Dasilva - he's our own player after all.

He's been on the bench for the last two - my point was that Kelly today was showing nothing like his potential - there is no queue forming to pay silly money to sign him.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

My favourite quote

"I was trying to get the subs on"   :laugh:

They were stood there for 10 f*ing minutes and Millwall had 3 or 4 throw-in.

Trying to be clever, more like

Always trying to be too clever, but you're a novice.

Yes did notice that as well,.said trying to get subs on as soon as possible, as Fammy dead on his feet and offering nothing.But didn't take chances to, when ball twice went out for throw ins!?

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can see Hegeler going, possibly back to Germany but nobody else springs to mind.

We will have to pay him off.  Nobody would take him in the summer as we wanted a fee.  So we offer him for free and a German club asks us to contribute to his wages because we are overpaying him!!

Someone twitter said he wants to keep him around because:

1) good with the kids on training ground.

2) Lee interested in his “packing” software so keeping him sweet.

47 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Was sat behind him and he had the subs ready and then panicked and didn’t look like he had a clue what to do once they scored.  He was frozen.

Subs were ready 2 throw ins before the goal - for my money may well have contributed to the poor defending that lead to the goal

35 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

See for me I think there’s actually a fair amount of quality in that squad. Kelly, Kalas, Webster, Dasilva, Pack, Brownhill, Eliasson, O’Dowda, Paterson, Diedhiou, Weimann are all good players. 

IMO this squad is capable of much better than we’re seeing. 

Exactly. A better manager would get far more out if this squad. We have some decent players, it's the manager, sorry Head Coach, who is not up to it.

As for identity that would appear to be pedestrian football, never knowingly going forward except down the wings, and never playing a dangerous pass forward, when there is someone behind you to pass back to.

Archived